cbfalcon

New Music I can't stop listening to - PART 2

Not new but I thought it was last week when I heard it for the first time.  I'm a tad bit out of the loop.  I dig this song though, even years late.

And never heard of this tribute band from Brazil I think, but they already have a dam good cover of it

Really like these guys sound...gimmicky videos but hair metal like the old days

47 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Really like these guys sound...gimmicky videos but hair metal like the old days

A lot of Ghost songs remind me of BÖC. 

@nzoner have you listened to the new Steven Wilson song yet?  Thoughts?

It's definitely very electronic and when I first heard it I was like WTF?  As song continues I found it growing on me. The programming really reminds me of Hesitation Marks NIN (especially Copy of A) as well as early PT. 

Need to wait until June to find out if the entire album is this electronic and continues the consumerism theme.  Wouldn't have guessed the spoken word portion is actually Elton John if I hadn't read the musician credits. 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

@nzoner have you listened to the new Steven Wilson song yet?  Thoughts?

It's definitely very electronic and when I first heard it I was like WTF?  As song continues I found it growing on me. The programming really reminds me of Hesitation Marks NIN (especially Copy of A) as well as early PT. 

Need to wait until June to find out if the entire album is this electronic and continues the consumerism theme.  Wouldn't have guessed the spoken word portion is actually Elton John if I hadn't read the musician credits. 

Interesting,I liked it on first listen.Even heard some Tangerine Dream,Kraftwerk and Yes sounds as well.

Song topic/lyrics made me laugh though as I just got back from Sam's Club and the new shipment of TP was gone in 5 minutes :lol:

I can't stop listening to this because it's 17 fockin minutes long

Not new.... been on a nostalgic ska kick lately:

Finally some good news (for me at least).  New Haken song came out yesterday with new album coming out June 5. Something to look forward to as the days continue to blur together in quarantine. 

Ironically/unfortunately the new album is called Virus.  It's the continuation of the story from the 2018 album Vector. Thry were probably like "fuuuuuccccckkkkkk" when all this hit. 

On 3/17/2020 at 9:16 AM, nzoner said:

Interesting,I liked it on first listen.Even heard some Tangerine Dream,Kraftwerk and Yes sounds as well.

Song topic/lyrics made me laugh though as I just got back from Sam's Club and the new shipment of TP was gone in 5 minutes :lol:

Fuuuuuccccckkkkkk.  Covid postponing concerts, video games, and now albums. 

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steven-wilsons-the-future-bites-album-pushed-back-to-january-2021/

On 4/3/2020 at 7:19 AM, DonS said:

Finally some good news (for me at least).  New Haken song came out yesterday with new album coming out June 5. Something to look forward to as the days continue to blur together in quarantine. 

Ironically/unfortunately the new album is called Virus.  It's the continuation of the story from the 2018 album Vector. Thry were probably like "fuuuuuccccckkkkkk" when all this hit. 

Second single from upcoming album couldn't be more different.  Can't wait to see how this song and the previous one fit into the flow of the album.

Awesome video. 

• Like 1

Bringing this back to first page to hopefully get away from all the political pissing matches... 

I've posted previously about the prog group Riverside out of Poland. Definitely one of the best small shows I've ever seen.  The bassist/singer for Riverside is Mariusz Duda and he has a solo project called Lunatic Soul.  New album came out the other day.  He plays all the instruments and it's inspired by Scandinavian folk music. 

I've been watching Vikings with the wife and playing AC Valhalla so it's perfect timing.

• Like 2

Another from the "Through Shaded Woods" album by Lunatic Soul.  G0ddamn I miss going to concerts. :cry:

If y'all have not been turned on to Sturgill Simpson by now I don't know what else to do.  

Any grown man that has ever missed his kids would love this song:

May I please introduce you to a three piece band out of Houston, TX.  No that is not their real hair. Yes they are bad ass.  She is amazing to look at and on bass, and dude plays with no pick, plus Deebo on drums.  Funky as shit.   

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

May I please introduce you to a three piece band out of Houston, TX.  No that is not their real hair. Yes they are bad ass.  She is amazing to look at and on bass, and dude plays with no pick, plus Deebo on drums.  Funky as shit.   

Good band. If you like these guys I recommend checking out the Budos Band.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MDC said:

Good band. If you like these guys I recommend checking out the Budos Band.

Will do check out Budos Band, anything like Khrungbin and I will prolly like it.  In the meantime, for you listening and viewing pleasure

39 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

yes, good band, some cool songs, gonna check then out more

• Like 1

I lied one more, prolly my favorite.  Texas Sun with new blues badass Leon Bridges: I'm sorry that's good music.  

Sorry to interrupt the usual political and covid spank fest... 

New Gojira album "Fortitude" came out last week.

One silver lining of Covid is that my daughter and I had tickets to see them with Deftones last Sept.  Show has been rescheduled to this Sept so now they'll be playing stuff from this new album.

I've seen them 3 times so far.  The energy of their shows is amazing. :pointstosky:

Woke up to the announcement of a new album and tour coming from Porcupine Tree!  Album doesn't come out until June but they released a new song.

@nzoner

New War on Drugs album is excellent. Fans of Bruce, Tom Petty, Don Henley etc. will love it.

• Sad 1