cbfalcon

New Music I can't stop listening to - PART 2

17 hours ago, DonS said:

Porcupine Tree in Denver on 9/25.  My son and I are both flying in for this show. :pointstosky:

Forgot to tag @nzoner since I know he's a big PT/SW fan. 

Waters was good.   Not sure where you are sitting but being in the floor probably isn't the best seat to see the entire show.   The best is probably first row in the actual seats on the length, not the end of the arena.   But still we were close enough you felt like waters would occasionally make awkward eye contact with you. 

26 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Waters was good.   Not sure where you are sitting but being in the floor probably isn't the best seat to see the entire show.   The best is probably first row in the actual seats on the length, not the end of the arena.   But still we were close enough you felt like waters would occasionally make awkward eye contact with you. 

Our seats are front row in one of the upper sections.  Didn't feel like taking out a second mortgage to get seats anywhere near the stage.  Even so they were still ~$125 each. :shocking:

On 9/4/2022 at 10:32 AM, cmh6476 said:

At intermission.  Great show so far. I'm just curious if he does the same "War Criminal" montage of US presidents at European shows?  I'd think Hitler or Margaret Thatcher would qualify. 

On 9/3/2022 at 7:31 AM, DonS said:

Son is 25 so he's well versed in Pink Floyd / Roger Waters.

September is going to be a great month for concerts:

RW in Portland on 9/10

Porcupine Tree in Denver on 9/25.  My son and I are both flying in for this show. :pointstosky:

Iron Maiden in Seattle on 9/29 with entire family. 

That Roger Waters concert was focking awesome. We were front and center along one side - amazing seats. Especially loved that stretch of Wish You Were Here, Shine on You Crazy Diamond and Sheep :headbanger:

Sorry we couldn’t meet up in PDX. Meant to PM you before the show but Strike got me bannorated several months ago 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

That Roger Waters concert was focking awesome. We were front and center along one side - amazing seats. Especially loved that stretch of Wish You Were Here, Shine on You Crazy Diamond and Sheep :headbanger:

Sorry we couldn’t meet up in PDX. Meant to PM you before the show but Strike got me bannorated several months ago 

G0ddamn was that massive video screen structure impressive!  Sheep was probably my favorite part, but it was all good.  I must admit I would've preferred Pigs (Three Different Ones) but I love everything on Animals.  I expected the inflatable pig of course, but the inflatable sheep was a nice surprise.  I'd love to have the job of "inflatable livestock pilot". :thumbsup:

What side were you on?  We were in the corner which I guess you could call the keyboard quadrant.  We had a good view of RW when he was at the piano, even though it was of his side/back.

I laughed at how much of a raging hard-on good ol' Roger has over Ronald Reagan.  Good God, man.  Let it go!  :lol:

Yeah bummer we couldn't meet up.  I went with a friend that lives in Vancouver.  We met up with my son and future daughter-in-law before the show at Ex Novo Brewing not far from Moda Center.  The lines getting into the venue were an absolute sh1t show!  I don't know if we just picked the wrong entrance or what but that explained why he started 30 mins late.

:cheers:

Not really that new anymore, but The Budos Band are finally coming to Philly and I can’t wait to see them in December.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Not really that new anymore, but The Budos Band are finally coming to Philly and I can’t wait to see them in December.

Not my cup of tea but not bad.  Thanks for sharing. 

• Thanks 1

Since this thread got bumped I gotta say the Porcupine Tree show in Denver on Sunday was phenomenal.  Awesome 3hr setlist.

Highlight was definitely "Anesthetize".  Here's a live video from awhile ago.  Studio track had Alex Lifeson doing the solo. :wub:

3 hours ago, DonS said:

G0ddamn was that massive video screen structure impressive!  Sheep was probably my favorite part, but it was all good.  I must admit I would've preferred Pigs (Three Different Ones) but I love everything on Animals.  I expected the inflatable pig of course, but the inflatable sheep was a nice surprise.  I'd love to have the job of "inflatable livestock pilot". :thumbsup:

What side were you on?  We were in the corner which I guess you could call the keyboard quadrant.  We had a good view of RW when he was at the piano, even though it was of his side/back.

I laughed at how much of a raging hard-on good ol' Roger has over Ronald Reagan.  Good God, man.  Let it go!  :lol:

Yeah bummer we couldn't meet up.  I went with a friend that lives in Vancouver.  We met up with my son and future daughter-in-law before the show at Ex Novo Brewing not far from Moda Center.  The lines getting into the venue were an absolute sh1t show!  I don't know if we just picked the wrong entrance or what but that explained why he started 30 mins late.

:cheers:

We were on the side closest to the keyboard dude. Sounds like maybe the other side from you?

That screen was awesome and I had a good laugh at the sheep.

Lines were crazy all around. Security was tight and Portland really showed up for the old fella. I don’t think they were expecting quite so many people. It was rockin’ and they killed it :music_guitarred:

I’m usually pretty aligned with Roger’s politics, including his burning hatred of Ronny Ray Gun. That said, he’s off his rocker with that anti-Ukraine nonsense :wacko:

On 9/4/2022 at 11:28 AM, kutulu said:

It's a crime

operation on your mind? 

A buddy of mine turned me on to Steve 'n' Seagulls.  Redneck versions of metal songs.  One of the comments says they're Scandinavian though :dunno:

Toe tappin' fun! 

New Riverside album is due out in January.

I'm psyched because they just announced they'll be touring US in March and April.  Had tickets to see them earlier this year but they unfortunately had to cancel the first half of their US tour due to visa complications.   Their canceled dates included Portland and Seattle so I was going to hit both shows like the last time I saw them.  Unfortunately they're only doing Seattle this time around, but beggars can't be choosers. 

@BuckSwope you might want to check them out since you like Opeth.  Not early Opeth but the more proggy style of their later albums.  Extremely talented musicians (especially singer/bassist) and when I saw them live I can honestly say it was one of the funnest shows I've ever been to. 

@cbfalcon  you are missed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ghost EP of covers called Phantomime came out yesterday.

I had posted about the first single when it came out on Easter:  "Jesus He Knows Me" by Genesis. 

The 2nd single is an incredibly faithful version of "Phantom of the Opera" by Iron Maiden.  Not surprising since it is largely instrumental.  Since the music is so spot on I gotta admit first time I listened it was weird hearing Tobias Forge's voice instead of Paul Di'Anno's. 

Has a couple other songs I'm not familiar with.  The inclusion of Tina Turner's "We Don't Need Another Hero" was an interesting choice!  :lol:

Jake Kohn - Frostbite (2023)

This kid from the West Virginia Country/Folk scene is just 15 years old. 😲

Not the biggest country fan, but dude does a solid rendition of this Tracy Chapman song from my youth. 

Slothrust. Boston band, been around about 10 years, 5 albums. These songs are lighter, but they can get metalcorey. One song on the latest album is with Lzzy Hale of Halestorm. @RaiderHaters Revenge you might like them.

• Thanks 1