Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 11-16 Commentary - July PPR **

Happy to land both those guys here. Witten-Gates at TE should suffice well enough.

TWill as a WR 6 and another share of the Cowboys passing O.

Considering I've got Bell and Gates maybe my team name is The Suspendables. :bandana:

Matt: Nice pick with Williams. He is one I was considering this round since I almost took him last round (Cruz instead). I strongly believe he will be the #2 WR in Dallas this year. Great value for you here!

I'm drinking some Steamboat Shandy by Potosi Brewing. Love it.

I drank Potosi beer in college, in the mid-seventies. I remember it being made with "potatoes", henceforth the Potosi name. Am I wrong on this?

Matt: Nice pick with Williams. He is one I was considering this round since I almost took him last round (Cruz instead). I strongly believe he will be the #2 WR in Dallas this year. Great value for you here!

Agreed. Williams was my next pick as well and the other player I considered along with Parker before taking Sankey last round.

It's late but wanted to make a pick. Thought I'd be the first to take a D. Not real thrilled with the other options available.

Here guys, just need to get caught up. Will pick shortly.

Am I really picking guys that much earlier than where the rest of you have them ranked?

Nah. Allen is ranked around where you got him.

Am I really picking guys that much earlier than where the rest of you have them ranked?

Yes. But that is not uncommon, esp in lower rounds where value becomes increasingly subjective, I would not read into it very much

Yes. But that is not uncommon, esp in lower rounds where value becomes increasingly subjective, I would not read into it very much

Well said cowboy :)

Nah. Allen is ranked around where you got him.

That's what I thought. I keep seeing him right around a TE12. I'm curious what everyone else is using for their player rankings. Are you using a list from another site or do you have your own made? I'm also curious if your rankings are based on this mock's scoring system.

Agreed. But, in this format, defenses this early is up for debate and questions, maybe??

Agreed. But, in this format, defenses this early is up for debate and questions, maybe??

I generally never take a defense until the last two rounds but that's in a normal league where I can stream my defense. This is not the same and do not have the ability to stream at all so I figured I'd hop on a defense that has a better chance to score well all season.

That's what I thought. I keep seeing him right around a TE12. I'm curious what everyone else is using for their player rankings. Are you using a list from another site or do you have your own made? I'm also curious if your rankings are based on this mock's scoring system.

As for Allen and his rankings...... I simply do not want a part of a TE by Committee possible approach in Indy. While I believe Allen has top 10 potential, at this point I just don't know how much he will be cannibalized by ______. I would guess by Sept 1st we may have a more clear picture. Just my 2 cents.

I generally never take a defense until the last two rounds but that's in a normal league where I can stream my defense. This is not the same and do not have the ability to stream at all so I figured I'd hop on a defense that has a better chance to score well all season.

I don't disagree with your logic Iowa Man, but with the scoring for defenses in this draft as it is, I simply feel they can wait. I love Buffalo's chances in other formats and Leagues, just trying to apply the scoring here to the picks.

As a rule yes, unless you think you know of a team that has scoring potential. I still get grief from picking the Ravens Def a few years back in round 9, but they scored above that round during the season and I won the June Mock season challenge.

Right now I do not see a scoring defense worthy of a higher pick than round 14, but someone else may be dialed into something I am overlooking.

I really considered waiting one more round but I didn't want a run on defenses to start before my next pick. I figured I'd follow the rule of starting a run on a position. I don't think I missed out on too much talent in that round anyway.

I really considered waiting one more round but I didn't want a run on defenses to start before my next pick. I figured I'd follow the rule of starting a run on a position. I don't think I missed out on too much talent in that round anyway.

Pretty much everyone left is a crap shoot.

Pretty much everyone left is a crap shoot.

This. in the teen's rounds you are really rolling the dice while using your very best estimations and judgement, in many cases you are even looking past upside and trying to guess what starters are most likely to go down, giving your prospect touches....

I am in no way saying that my strategy is the best but it's just something I'm trying a little different. I'm interested to see how it will play out. The one thing I haven't done yet is to look at all of your teams so far. I don't even know how the rest of you have been drafting.

I am in no way saying that my strategy is the best but it's just something I'm trying a little different. I'm interested to see how it will play out. The one thing I haven't done yet is to look at all of your teams so far. I don't even know how the rest of you have been drafting.

Im drafting like a champ fwiw.

Im drafting like a champ fwiw.

:huh: :lol:

I feel stupid asking this question but I think it's important to know. If we are drafting based on this being treated as a best ball league like an MFL10, wouldn't it be smart to draft two defenses and two kickers? If you only have one of each then you're taking a 0 at those positions on their bye week.

I feel stupid asking this question but I think it's important to know. If we are drafting based on this being treated as a best ball league like an MFL10, wouldn't it be smart to draft two defenses and two kickers? If you only have one of each then you're taking a 0 at those positions on their bye week.

Technically yes. Though there are only 16 rounds so its pretty difficult to draft a backup K and Def. 18 rounds would be perfect imo to get the backups. OR we removed the K position altogether since MFL10s no longer have kickers and we use what would have been our K pick for a backup Def.

Technically yes. Though there are only 16 rounds so its pretty difficult to draft a backup K and Def. 18 rounds would be perfect imo to get the backups. OR we removed the K position altogether since MFL10s no longer have kickers and we use what would have been our K pick for a backup Def.

Getting rid of the K position and leaving that spot open for a second D makes the most sense to me. Now I'm curious as to what would pay off more, having a backup K and D or having the extra RBs or WRs. There's no way of knowing if a late round RB or WR is ever going to put up usable points for your team or not.

Mods: can we get a Round 14 thread up? Thanks.

Getting rid of the K position and leaving that spot open for a second D makes the most sense to me. Now I'm curious as to what would pay off more, having a backup K and D or having the extra RBs or WRs. There's no way of knowing if a late round RB or WR is ever going to put up usable points for your team or not.

This ...... times 100!

Question: Are we letting someone do this July Mock in an MFL10 format OR will someone from the Board be doing a no-hassle format similar to the June Mock?

Guys, I'll be busy with work today. Won't be able to keep the draft lists up to date so hoping another mod has the time to jump in and do it.

Also, with the limited scoring DSTs get in this format, I'd much rather keep the PK and dump DST.

Also, with the limited scoring DSTs get in this format, I'd much rather keep the PK and dump DST.

Why not just drop both and have a total of 5 flex spots?

Since there has been a defense and a kicker already drafted, it makes the most sense to extend the draft 2 rounds so we can get backups. Or we leave it as is and i roll with a kicker and defense and no backups. I also like a team kicker better in this format if we have no backups. If your kicker goes down you are screwed.

I know I've taken several players ahead of their ADPs but after about round 12 I don't really care about ADP and will jump a couple rounds just to get the guys I want.

I think 18 or 20 spots in theory make sense to account for another K-D but I don't think we should switch anything up at this point.

While it probably won't impact things too much I was def drafting with the idea that most likely only 12 Ds would be in play. If 24 are in play there is almost more downside of getting 'stuck' with some lower options if that makes sense.

I guess my point is any changes in draft should be minizmized.

That said its the July Mock and whatever works best. :)

Doesn't make much difference to me since it's a mock draft is July. It just popped in my head as I was trying to figure out my last couple picks and needed to make up my mind what is more important to pick up.