Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 11-16 Commentary - July PPR **

I don't know what all the discussion is for. Mike laid out what this draft was for. He also laid out that we had to draft a kicker and a defense?????

I wasn't trying to start an argument. Thought I was bringing up some valid points. If everyone is only drafting one kicker and one defense then it doesn't matters since we will all get zero points on those bye weeks and it all evens out in the end. I was just thinking to myself if there would be any gained advantage to drafting two each in this format.

I don't know what all the discussion is for. Mike laid out what this draft was for. He also laid out that we had to draft a kicker and a defense?????

We are just saying 16 picks doesnt leave much room for a backup kicker or D. Just some discussion on a different way to set up the draft. Of course Mike could tell us all to pound sand we arent changing anything.

I wasn't trying to start an argument. Thought I was bringing up some valid points. If everyone is only drafting one kicker and one defense then it doesn't matters since we will all get zero points on those bye weeks and it all evens out in the end. I was just thinking to myself if there would be any gained advantage to drafting two each in this format.

Its most likely a few points. There definitely could be an advantage to using a bench spot on a defense that pairs well with another instead of a 6th WR like i did.

^ Agree. I actually think part of the strategy of this mock is where to invest those flex 3 picks.

I went 2 WRS and a TE.

3 QBs can provide an edge.

2 defenses, ect

You're on a roll ICEMAN. Allen Robinson went in the 5th round. You'd have the steal of the draft getting him now.

I was debating between a 6th WR, which would have been Bowe (JScott took him) of a RB5. Went with Sims as my 5th RB as he just has too much upside and could be a starter by the end of the year, we don't know. His point total would estimate out to about a Bowe here, so thoughts I'd gamble some.

Guess my Flex's turned out to be RB-WR-TE.

Dude that happened to me when i drafted leveon bell in our startup last year. If the news would have come out an hour earlier i wouldnt have taken him.

Either that or I really reached :o :P

Make what you want of this comment, but when I checked the "July PPR Mock - Picks by Round" post, It never occurred to me to look any earlier than the 9th round to see if Robinson had already been selected.

ICEMAN

I think his ADP right now is early in the sixth. He was on a 77-catch pace before his injury last year and that is considering he had a raw rookie QB, virtually no offseason and was a bit player in his first game. I understand the QB situation is probably only marginally better and that he's probably not going to catch 10 TDs, but I like him as a high-upside WR3 at worst that will benefit from Julius Thomas taking some attention off of him.

I think 75-1000-6 is probably doable for him and I don't think I expect more than that. If he hits those marks, he'll be a fine WR2 for me (WR3 in reality since I grabbed Gronk).

All I can tell you is that he was selected 9.01 in the June Mock this year (which I have been using as the barometer for ADP for years) and was like the 38th WR selected. I don't know about Bortles. He seems like a nice kid and I am sure that he is a terrific dancer, but I don't see Robinson scoring any more than 4-5 TD's. That offense is awful and I don't see it changing any time soon. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have him this late in the draft, but the 5th round is crazy. I can't believe that his ADP is even early in the 6th round! That just doesn't seem to match his history, or potential in my mind.

None of this excuses my (for the 2nd, or 3rd time in this mock!) selecting a player that had already been drafted. I need to pay better attention.

ICEMAN

All I can tell you is that he was selected 9.01 in the June Mock this year (which I have been using as the barometer for ADP for years) and was like the 38th WR selected. I don't know about Bortles. He seems like a nice kid and I am sure that he is a terrific dancer, but I don't see Robinson scoring any more than 4-5 TD's. That offense is awful and I don't see it changing any time soon. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have him this late in the draft, but the 5th round is crazy. I can't believe that his ADP is even early in the 6th round! That just doesn't seem to match his history, or potential in my mind.

None of this excuses my (for the 2nd, or 3rd time in this mock!) selecting a player that had already been drafted. I need to pay better attention.

ICEMAN

Its the third

Its the third

Thanks for clarifying.

ICEMAN

I hear ya. I'm not going to say I have much reason to believe Robinson will live up to where I selected him, but look at his fantasy numbers in the games in which he actually played the majority of snaps last year. While I don't expect the offense to be much better, he has a clear connection with Bortles (look at the consistent targets). That's worth something when trying to find the one player in a poor passing offense that will be worth starting in fantasy.

I was debating between a 6th WR, which would have been Bowe (JScott took him) of a RB5. Went with Sims as my 5th RB as he just has too much upside and could be a starter by the end of the year, we don't know. His point total would estimate out to about a Bowe here, so thoughts I'd gamble some.

Guess my Flex's turned out to be RB-WR-TE.

I was eyeing the same 2 players. Having Martin I was thinking Sims to 'cuff, but given the make up of my WR corp I felt I needed more depth there so Bowe was 1a to Sims' 1b.

I was eyeing the same 2 players. Having Martin I was thinking Sims to 'cuff, but given the make up of my WR corp I felt I needed more depth there so Bowe was 1a to Sims' 1b.

I think there are receivers with more upside than Bowe. He is a DND for me.

I think there are receivers with more upside than Bowe.

True, but he is Cleveland's WR1, so should get steady if unspectacular targets. And given the way I drafted, taking WRs late, I needed slow and steady at this point since the rest of my WR corp has the potential for boom/bust each week.

I got an Internal Server error for about 15 minutes :dunno:

ICEMAN

This format can be hard to keep track of players available. I'm much more organized while at work where I have a player list that I've been crossing players off that have been picked. I also have my roster written down. When at home I just use my phone and I have to do a bunch of searching to make sure a player hasn't been picked already.

Ralphster, Royal was already taken and was in this round. This draft has really fallen off the rails.

Open the pick thread in chrome, hit cntrl + f, type in yer guy...

Need to do this in the current round thread too :wave:

Need to do this in the current round thread too :wave:

LOL Could just scroll up the page just a bit and look at the players picked in that round.

Does anyone have Ralphster's number or email? I noticed he doesn't hang around frequently so we may not see him again for a while since he thinks he's made his pick.

LOL Could just scroll up the page just a bit and look at the players picked in that round.

Yeah, I've been trying to update the pick threads but the last few days I've been too busy to keep up with it. Seems like once the threads started falling behind people started making duplicate picks.

Does anyone have Ralphster's number or email? I noticed he doesn't hang around frequently so we may not see him again for a while since he thinks he's made his pick.

I texted him.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay, life is getting in the way alittle