Sign in to follow this  
SexyRexy

So I have the 2 pick...

I threw Eddie Royal out to prove I could get a bi-week filler towards the end of a 12 man draft. Ive yet to hear 2 recievers you think u can get after picking 2 RBs . Like I stated all that will be left is a dime a dozen. You will land either Lynch or Peterson picking second in a draft but I feel more confident with Dez and Jordy Nelson and then going off on picking Rbs from then on picking Eli 2 early and a TE like josh hill or Owen Daniels when I have to. You all have Eli on your radars and lower round than me, but I also know I will be the leader of the draft and you will be trying to catch up. Third pick Joseph Randle and 4th pick Latavius Murray are risky but they offer more than a WR I can pick towards the end that I hope I only need to use 2 times like a Michael Floyd. Mike Wallace , Roddy White, Percy Harvin

I threw Eddie Royal out to prove I could get a bi-week filler towards the end of a 12 man draft. Ive yet to hear 2 recievers you think u can get after picking 2 RBs . Like I stated all that will be left is a dime a dozen. You will land either Lynch or Peterson picking second in a draft but I feel more confident with Dez and Jordy Nelson and then going off on picking Rbs from then on picking Eli 2 early and a TE like josh hill or Owen Daniels when I have to. You all have Eli on your radars and lower round than me, but I also know I will be the leader of the draft and you will be trying to catch up. Third pick Joseph Randle and 4th pick Latavius Murray are risky but they offer more than a WR I can pick towards the end that I hope I only need to use 2 times like a Michael Floyd. Mike Wallace , Roddy White, Percy Harvin

I'll just pointout a few things. You use Randle and Murray as the picks with RB1 upside in the 3rd/4th. You think your the only one that sees that? I've done a million mocks both ways as I am drafting from the 3rd overall.

My favorite team is usually going best available RB at 3 overall, grabbing Alshon/Green/Cobb at 22 overall and then best available WR/RB/TE in the early 3rd 27 overall. I can tell you Hopkins/Evans/Hilton are just as good of a dice role as L.Murray/Randle. I think this strategy gives you the most flexibility for moving through the middle rounds drafting best available WR/RB.

If you want to go WR or QB I would trade back to the mid-late 1st. See if anybody will swap 1st & 2nd round picks with you. 2nd overall seems like a waste at having an early pick when you're taking someone who will be available later. There is nothing wrong with that but as it stands no way is Jordy going to be around at 23rd overall. Just some things to consider.

• Like 1

I'll just pointout a few things. You use Randle and Murray as the picks with RB1 upside in the 3rd/4th. You think your the only one that sees that? I've done a million mocks both ways as I am drafting from the 3rd overall.

My favorite team is usually going best available RB at 3 overall, grabbing Alshon/Green/Cobb at 22 overall and then best available WR/RB/TE in the early 3rd 27 overall. I can tell you Hopkins/Evans/Hilton are just as good of a dice role as L.Murray/Randle. I think this strategy gives you the most flexibility for moving through the middle rounds drafting best available WR/RB.

If you want to go WR or QB I would trade back to the mid-late 1st. See if anybody will swap 1st & 2nd round picks with you. 2nd overall seems like a waste at having an early pick when you're taking someone who will be available later. There is nothing wrong with that but as it stands no way is Jordy going to be around at 23rd overall. Just some things to consider.

Solid post.

You also have to have a draft strategy you are confident you will execute. If drafting WR first makes you uncomfortable you risk being on uncertain footing with the picks that follow

This. I'm picking 7th (10 team, 2QB) but it's the same idea. I'd rather go RB 1 (or QB if Luck or Rodgers drops) then get my WR1 coming back around in the 2nd. It takes a looooong time to get back in the 3rd/4th so at that point it's just best available. I've done mocks and been surprised with both the RB's and the WR's that fall to me there.

I am picking 9 gator, my point from 9 hole is land 2 sure studs with the roller coaster ride of backs is why I went dez with Jordy coming back in 2nd. I really think I can stock rbs and pick a couple wrs for bi weeks. My 1 draft allows pick-ups and trades every 4 weeks where I will get a back-up qb and te unless I decide to grab both josh hill and Owen Daniels back 2 back picks in mid rounds which im leaning towards. I know picking Eli in 5th round is early but im confident that wont hurt me because ill have a list of other backs that Il feel is a crapshoot. Eli will make gr8 tradebait for the obj owner and I wont feel bad at 5th pick knowing backs like cj spiller, bishop Sankey, Charles Sims, Devonta Freeman, Alfred Blue, Tre mason, Rashaad Jennings will still be floating around.. I just feel my first 2 picks at wide receiver are a lot safer and a rb,rb scenario could be the first nails in your coffins when its your top 2 picks. But trust me ill be licking my chops when people bank there 2015 season on a Demarco Murray, or LeSean McCoy with new homes. You might get a few more tds at running back position than me if it works but gl with Hopkins without Andre Johnson, Mike Evans with a rookie QB, An ageing Ty Hilton with Andre Johnson to share his 7 Tds from a year ago. By the way Skinny Bastard why post stats of number 1 at there position from a YEAR ago? I get it Dallas finally got some value from him.

This. I'm picking 7th (10 team, 2QB) but it's the same idea. I'd rather go RB 1 (or QB if Luck or Rodgers drops) then get my WR1 coming back around in the 2nd. It takes a looooong time to get back in the 3rd/4th so at that point it's just best available. I've done mocks and been surprised with both the RB's and the WR's that fall to me there.

Two qbs leagues changes the way I look at rb and wr because of how much earlier I feel you need to take a qb .

I still think going WR/WR is eliminating your flexibility.

I've done it before and it's worked. I've also gone RB/RB and it has worked. I just think the strategy above has given me the best balance.

One other small point....if your WR goes down there isn't an easier position to replace on your roster from the waiver wire.

I'm going Luck with my #2 pick. Call me bat poop crazy. Gimme the best Fantasy player in 2015. He won't be coming back to me anyway. I want him on my team. I will get him.