1 1/2 tbs ap flour
Additional ap flour (for dredging)

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/3 c dry white wine
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
1/4 c chicken broth
1/4 c drained capers
1/4 c chopped fresh parsley

Place chicken between 2 large sheets of plastic wrap. Using meat mallet, lightly pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Mix 1 tablespoon butter and 1 1/2 tablespoons flour in small bowl until smooth. Place additional flour in shallow baking dish. Dip chicken into flour to coat; shake off excess.
Heat oil in pan. Add 2 chicken breasts to the pan and cook until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter; tent with foil to keep warm....or preheat oven to low (175 or 200) and hold in oven.

Bring wine, lemon juice and broth to boil in pan over medium-high heat. Whisk in butter-flour mixture and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in capers, parsley and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.

• Like 2

Love this dish... Just a preference thing I guess, but I coat in Panko too.... The capers are the deal maker.

Love this dish... Just a preference thing I guess, but I coat in Panko too.... The capers are the deal maker.

i like panko a bit. there are several dishes i prefer dredging lightly (marsala, certain fish, etc)

You nearly lost me at capers, but I may give it a shot :thumbsup:

lemon/caper is a great combo.... also works well with white fish (snapper, sole, skate, etc)

..and by 'meat mallet' you mean..

a double sided kitchen mallet vs something you might find in the garage.

On 8/5/2015 at 11:04 AM, Bier Meister said:

a double sided kitchen mallet vs something you might find in the garage.

Or in the "secret" room.

On 8/4/2015 at 8:11 PM, Bier Meister said:

4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 1/2 tbs ap flour

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/3 c dry white wine
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
1/4 c chicken broth
1/4 c drained capers

Place chicken between 2 large sheets of plastic wrap. Using meat mallet, lightly pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Mix 1 tablespoon butter and 1 1/2 tablespoons flour in small bowl until smooth. Place additional flour in shallow baking dish. Dip chicken into flour to coat; shake off excess.
Heat oil in pan. Add 2 chicken breasts to the pan and cook until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter; tent with foil to keep warm....or preheat oven to low (175 or 200) and hold in oven.

Bring wine, lemon juice and broth to boil in pan over medium-high heat. Whisk in butter-flour mixture and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in capers, parsley and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.

My sister makes an excellent piccata.  Good recipe and fairly easy to make.  Good stuff!!

37 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

^^

dinner tonight

Sounds freaking delicious. When you gonna put out the cookbook? 

11 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Sounds freaking delicious. When you gonna put out the cookbook? 

thought about it several times.

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Not a fan of capers.  Not sure why,  but they just don’t work for me. 

neutral for me.  like them in a few dishes

On 8/4/2015 at 7:11 PM, Bier Meister said:

1 1/2 tbs ap flour

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/3 c dry white wine
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
1/4 c chicken broth
1/4 c drained capers

:thumbsup:  I made piccata this weekend using pork chops.   I used damn near the exact recipe you have, I only added a little finely chopped artichoke heart.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2015 at 5:11 PM, Bier Meister said:

1 1/2 tbs ap flour

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/3 c dry white wine
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
1/4 c chicken broth
1/4 c drained capers

^^

On 10/1/2019 at 10:50 PM, Cloaca du jour said:

[/b]My sister[/b]  makes an excellent piccata.  Good recipe and fairly easy to make.  Good stuff!!

I have her meat mallet in my pants. 

On 10/1/2019 at 7:50 PM, Cloaca du jour said:

My sister makes an excellent piccata.

Uhh...CAN SIZE?   Duh

26 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

I have her meat mallet in my pants. 

Dude....That sounds really fukkin ghey....Just sayin

58 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Dude....That sounds really fukkin ghey....Just sayin

Everything sounds ghey when one is ghey, grasshopper.

Ghey on, brave soul.

On 8/4/2015 at 8:30 PM, Cruzer said:

There’s nothing wrong with panko.  But, then you’re not making piccata.

15 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

There’s nothing wrong with panko.  But, then you’re not making piccata.

That's why I said it was a preference thing. Seeing how most recipes are adaptions of other dishes, this is totally acceptable - at my house it's picatta. 

8 hours ago, Cruzer said:

That's why I said it was a preference thing. Seeing how most recipes are adaptions of other dishes, this is totally acceptable - at my house it's picatta. 

That’s cool.