Sign in to follow this  
yupper

Where would you draft Foster?

The 7th round is a starting position. If you're in a 12-team league that's around the ADP of a Spiller / Gio / JBel, receivers like VJax / Brabdon Marshall or low end QB starters (Eli and Brady).

I will take any if the above in this range over Foster.

Yep...you just listed 3 potential non starters, a streaky WR in vjax with a rookie qb and an aging Marshall with Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing.

To me an elite back missing a few games that will be the bellcow is a better option.

Yep...you just listed 3 potential non starters, a streaky WR in vjax with a rookie qb and an aging Marshall with Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing.

To me an elite back missing a few games that will be the bellcow is a better option.

Agree I think a reach for a stud rb is worth a shot .

I thought there was some question on the actual extent of his injury. It was originally reported that it was a complete detachment at the groin ( :shocking: ). However, shortly after that there were rumors it was just a sports hernia and return time could be much faster. I'm taking him as an RB4/5 any time after the 8th round. The guy just puts up insanely consistent points when he's in. I'll take a top 10 back at that cost ANYTIME, even if it's just for 1/2 the season. Hell, just having available for the playoffs or trade bait right before the playoffs is worth it.

• Like 1

Now they saying week 2-4 is a likely timeling to get him back. That cushy 7th round or later safety net for drafting him is getting weaker by the day.

He is now a number four rb . Can't yet make him a three in my book that's a flex guy still not overly sold about him coming back real strong from that type of injury .

If it helps anyone I'll be ignoring him in all my leagues this year.

Which of course means he'll win championships for a lot of people.

"Wasting" a seventh round pick? You know what garbage is in the 7th round of drafts? A bunch of timeshares and marginal ability backs, some on really bad teams.

Ill take and did take the lottery ticket in foster this past weekend.

In my 12 teamer I need a live body with big upside in the 7th. Foster is more a 9th rounder IMO. Need to fill out that roster first.

This year it's DND for Foster for me though.

I'M THINKING OF DRAFTING HIM IN THE 9TH RND. AND THEN AFTER THE DRAFT PUTTING IN OUR 1 IR SLOT. THEN I WOULD PICK SOME BACK-UP LIKE KNILE DAVIS. Thoughts?

If you're in a PPR league and you're a WR early guy, like I am....then Foster becomes even more attractive.

I know it goes against the common logic of many of the posts in this thread but I'd be fine taking him as my RB3 in the 6th round (assuming I go something like WR-WR-WR-RB-RB-RB).

If the pick hits.....you're going to be in EXCELLENT position to outright win your league. If he doesn't hit, you can still recover from missing on a 6th round pick.

Easy take in my opinion. One of those rare situations where you're getting an elite player at a pretty big discount while sacrificing 4 or 5 games. I mean hell.....early in the preseason when L. Bell was still technically suspended for 3 or 4 games people were still treating him as a late first rounder...you're getting Foster in the SIXTH OR SEVENTH.

He's the type of pick that can win your league but not outright cost you it.

• Like 1

If you're in a PPR league and you're a WR early guy, like I am....then Foster becomes even more attractive.

I know it goes against the common logic of many of the posts in this thread but I'd be fine taking him as my RB3 in the 6th round (assuming I go something like WR-WR-WR-RB-RB-RB).

If the pick hits.....you're going to be in EXCELLENT position to outright win your league. If he doesn't hit, you can still recover from missing on a 6th round pick.

Easy take in my opinion. One of those rare situations where you're getting an elite player at a pretty big discount while sacrificing 4 or 5 games. I mean hell.....early in the preseason when L. Bell was still technically suspended for 3 or 4 games people were still treating him as a late first rounder...you're getting Foster in the SIXTH OR SEVENTH.

He's the type of pick that can win your league but not outright cost you it.

He's not elite after a groin surgery. You've lost your mind with this guys value. Don't do it. Not in the 6th and definitely not as your rb3. If one of your other backs goes down or underperforms you are doomed all because of Foster. The risk reward is far too stacked in the risk column.

I think the reward far out ways the risk in this case , you are talking about a middle round pick on a top five rb . I'm buying .

The fact that he could be back in late September changes it a lot. He know jumps from being drafted in the double digit rounds to being drafted in 6-7 round. Essentially hes like Bell. Going to miss the first couple of games but will be back soon.

Like this quote or hate it, DJGB put his money where his mouth is; he took Foster at 6.3 in 12 Geeks. http://football27.myfantasyleague.com/2015/options?L=73552&O=17

I think the reward far out ways the risk in this case , you are talking about a middle round pick on a top five rb . I'm buying .

Everyone seems to want to pretend his groin didn't come off the bone in this case. There is zero chance he's going to perform like last year now. Zero.

Don't see why they would let him come back so soon if they and Foster himself did not think he was ready . I'm still buying somewhere in the forth rb position . Just like the fact if I can get him at that spot he could be a top rb later down the road and to me it's worth the gamble .

Will they said eight plus weeks at first and it seems like his return is getting shorter and that's tells me he must be getting to a point where Foster feels ready to play . So to draft a value like him as a number four rb is a very good move IMO .

I'M THINKING OF DRAFTING HIM IN THE 9TH RND. AND THEN AFTER THE DRAFT PUTTING IN OUR 1 IR SLOT. THEN I WOULD PICK SOME BACK-UP LIKE KNILE DAVIS. Thoughts?

If you have an IR spot on your roster I don't see Foster making it to the 9th round. Lots of people are already drafting him in the 5th and 6th rounds.

Everyone seems to want to pretend his groin didn't come off the bone in this case. There is zero chance he's going to perform like last year now. Zero.

This is how I feel but the lure and pull of coachspeak is so powerfull sometimes! I constantly second geuss myself even tho I know better!

If the guy is missing 2-4 weeks why let him fall so far? I mean Bell is out 2 weeks and he still goes in the top 3.

Would I be crazy drafting him in the 4rth round?

Foster is missing games due to injury , Bell is due to smoking weed . So when Bell comes back he should be ready to roll he might be hungry but ready to roll . With Foster you still want to becareful due to the injury .

Just took him mid 5th in a best ball draft last night. Type of format you swing for the fences. Redraft i am likely more cautious.

He's not elite after a groin surgery. You've lost your mind with this guys value. Don't do it. Not in the 6th and definitely not as your rb3. If one of your other backs goes down or underperforms you are doomed all because of Foster. The risk reward is far too stacked in the risk column.

To each their own brother...at the end of the day it comes down to your risk threshold. It doesn't matter if he's my "RB3" cause I'm the type that ends up drafting at least 6 RB's in the middle rounds.... so even if he doesn't hit the backbone of my team are elite WR's. Rb's are simply interchangeable parts in my strategy.

Which is what makes Foster so intriguing...he can be a lot more than an interchangeable part. Like I said before he can really throw the balance in your favor.

Also..I thought I read somewhere that his injury ended up being a sports hernia, not a case where he ripped the groin muscle off the bone. If that's the case I don't see why he can't come back at least close to full strength.

It's also the whole point of Zero RB.

You take a bunch of RBs after the first few rounds... knowing full well there will be wasted picks.

This is how I feel but the lure and pull of coachspeak is so powerfull sometimes! I constantly second geuss myself even tho I know better!

This is how it's going to go. While coming back and rehabbing Foster will be leaning on that healthy leg. And that hammy will be doing extra work. That healthy quad will be clocking overtime. Then, when he thinks he's good to go.....SNAPPY MCPULLSTRAIN is coming to town and he's comin in hot.

DND fantasy brethren.

DND.

Only time will tell. However taking a risk like this is something that could essentially win you a championship. It's gambles like this that people make who end up as #1. I'd rather risk it and lose than play it safe and do alright.

I said that and I was joking, keyboard muscles. I don't think you'll necessarily be 3-7. I do think you should be drafting potential flex starters and RB/WR depth over a guy who won't play for 8 games in the 6-8 round range and the fact that everyone misses on picks isn't a good reason to overdraft a player. The news that Foster may be back late Septenber slightly changes my view on his value.

Please don't beat me up toughguy. :rolleyes:

Keyboard muscles.

I lol'd :lol:

To each their own brother...at the end of the day it comes down to your risk threshold. It doesn't matter if he's my "RB3" cause I'm the type that ends up drafting at least 6 RB's in the middle rounds.... so even if he doesn't hit the backbone of my team are elite WR's. Rb's are simply interchangeable parts in my strategy.

Which is what makes Foster so intriguing...he can be a lot more than an interchangeable part. Like I said before he can really throw the balance in your favor.

Also..I thought I read somewhere that his injury ended up being a sports hernia, not a case where he ripped the groin muscle off the bone. If that's the case I don't see why he can't come back at least close to full strength.

Agree

Had my draft yesterday and took him in the 5th (11th spot). My plan was to go WR heavy then load up on potential Rbs like foster. I was going to wait until the 6th for him but the guy I. The 12 hole had done the same thing, WRs, TE so far. He was pissed because he said he was taking Foster. I can't be sure but going 4 picks earlier then I wanted didn't seem like a big deal.

I also took Jonathan Stewart. I feel like they are good compliments to each other. Stewart should be good to start the season but who knows if he can stay healthy. Hopefully he can last long enough to get Foster on the field.

When you look at your paper and see about 15 wrs and rbs you value the same around round 5 lock him up and let them laugh, then go get your QB. 16 rounds to put it all together is a lot and the adp measuring tool will be useless in this case.

Yes, over the last week his ADP on fantasy football calculator has risen to the 4th round. Those are mock drafts so reality can be different. I think it does mean that by round 5/6 he is definitely gone.

As more of theses favorable reports come out people will be thinking they need to use a 5th to get him.

I picked him up the other day 12 team PPR two starting Qbs and took him I the ninth round . I will take him as a four or later but I won't reach for him as a three .

Really I would not touch him .. I don't think he sees the field this season IMO.

I'd imagine someone will reach for him in the 6th-8th rounds in a ten teamer. If you get him you'll have to draft his cuff(s) Blue - maybe Polk or Grimes. 3 slots for one backfield, but you've got deep benches...

Hes this years Gordon, that should answer your question.

I won't

Avoid

Maybe round 10-12. I doubt you get him then. I wouldn't risk risk much more.

The only time I would draft him is in a really deep league. Like maybe round 20 of an MFL10 draft.

He should never be drafted again in his career.

Never

I'd draft Josh Gordon before I draft Foster

:cheers: I probably just jinxed the hell out of him but oh well

:cheers: I probably just jinxed the hell out of him but oh well

These comments were made when everyone was reporting that he would be back week 10 or so. I still say theres something fishy about his fluctuating timetable. Until I see him play, the jury is out.

Drafted him in the 3rd round of my high $ 12-teamer as my 1st RB. My mom always told me, "Sometimes she won't believe it, so you just have to pull it out and prove it"

After the news of him coming back in September I was able to draft him got him late and I'm still hoping he can come back , but still not sure .