Sign in to follow this  
flacto

Genius?........or DUMB!

posted this a while ago, but now my drafts almost here, and am STILL second guessing it.........What's your opinion on what I'm about to do...I think.........I'm going in with Antonio Brown as keeper, and have the first pick in a 12 team non-ppr. My plan is to take Le'Veon Bell #1......wr/rb at the 24/25 turn...then Big Ben/Latavis Bryant with my next turn at 48/49...then filling in................Too many eggs in one basket? I think Pitt's D is gonna have them playing catch-up all season, having to score in bunches, and as long as I have a GOOD back-up QB and decent non-Pitt RB/WR's (24/25 picks and after 48/49)....I think I'm gonna either ROLL................or crash and burn....with the Steelers. If not........I'm curious as to who would YOU team up with AB as the #1 pick (rb)

GOOD LUCK! and thanks for the opinions.........OH.....and DEZ is kept- or THAT would be my #1..........THAT would be scary, with two RB's picked next on the turn, but......

]\[\

I STILL love a team with Antonio Brown-Le'Veon Bell-Martavis Bryant-Big Ben...........add in Justin Forsett, Brandon Cooks maybe at my first turn....or Joseph Randle/Amari Cooper......or Jonathan Stewart/Andre Johnson........ALL available to throw into my Steeler mix.....Maybe I'm wrong, but with a back-up like Tannehill (BEAST this year imo) or even Bridgewater to cover my bye week (steelers)......I just don't see this not working? But I smoke a lot, so what the hell do I know :doh: Thanks again!

There is the obvious downside of being too heavily invested in one offense, i.e. they have a bad week, or two; and their bye week. That's a lot of firepower you're sitting down all in one week. Your WR1, WR2/3, RB1, and QB1. Add in injuries to your roster - which we all have to deal with - and you might have to count that bye week as a likely loss.

And on weeks that the Pittsburgh offense sputters, unless you get big numbers elsewhere in your lineup, you're probably sunk for that week.

I don't mind having a couple of guys from one team, especially don't mind prolific QB/WR tandems - when they're clicking it's like watching a pinball machine light up!! But 4 guys from one offense, occupying 4 of your biggest point producing roster spots, makes you susceptible to being sunk by the results from one game.

Bell and Brown isn't terrible, bu adding Big Ben and Bryant to the mix is a little much for my taste. One bad week and you lose. A lot of other better players out there than just on the Steelers. Target guys like Gore/Alfred Morris/Ingram and then WRs like Matthews/Andre Johnson/Golden Tate/Jarvis Landry

Respond to mine please.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=446752

Brown and Bell I think would be great. Like others before me said, I probably wouldnt go with Ben and MB. I dont like having more than 2 eggs in 1 basket myself, but if the turn comes around and say Ben is the best available QB, then I wouldnt blame you. However i think you could get a much better WR2/3 or RB2/3 at that point.