Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

biden/warren

Not that I could give a s*** in the very least, but.

It seems to me that This ticket could blow Hilary completely out of the water, Especially if they came together So early in the process.

No idea how they would poll Against Trump. But then again, I still don't see Trump as a long term Candidate. That is just my opinion. It seems like Warren Would Tap into the anti establishment Point of view Pretty easily.

What say you?

Dems are trying to figure out what to do now. Hillary has taken a huge hit with the email server thing and it may not go away. What then? O'Malley hasn't gained traction and Bernie certainly isn't someone the establishment wants.

It'd be a formidable opponent to Hillary, but what exactly does Joe bring to the table that Hillary doesn't?

I feel like they both would be going for the same people in the party yet Joe isn't younger, he's not a woman, he's not considered smarter, etc. Head to head he doesn't beat Hillary in any category except one. The trust factor, and maybe that's enough.

Even before the email server thing, the dems didn't want Hil. She couldn't even beat a relatively unknown black guy 8 years back. And this is a base that pretty universally regards her husband as the best president since FDR.

I'd vote for Bernie over Hil no problem. I'd probably vote for Biden/Warren over Bernie. I like Bidens foreign policy experience and he's a straight shooter. Warren comes in on the berniesque social issues.

Well Joe Biden's presence brings it all full circle for me and makes me realize just how completely focked up 2016 is.

I have a very clear recollection of the first time he ran for president in 1988. It was the first election where I was old enough to be completely tuned in to this political bulls*t. I had volunteered for Jack Kemp that year. Biden was also running. His presence ties 1988 together with 2016 for me in a powerful way like no other politician; my first (still too young to vote) and my most recent election.

Boy I hated Biden. The man is/was a tax and spend Democrat that didn't give a rat's ass about the deficit. Everything wrong with the Democratic Party in 1988, Biden was embodied in this guy. And then today: my avatar dates to the fiscal cliff negotiations. Like 1988, I want deficit reduction intensely, it's always been my #1 issue and I chose cliff. How that turned out infuriated me. I was completely disgusted by the horrible deal that Biden struck with McConnell to end the thing. Deficit reduction ws the entire purpose and there was none there. It was the most gut-wrenching and disgusting deal I've ever witnessed in all my years of watching this politics cr@p. Like the president he serves under, Biden doesn't care about the runaway deficit. The fiscal cliff isn't ancient history, it's a very recent situation where Biden personally p*ssed me off to no end on my most obsessive topic.

Now, neither Biden nor I nave changed all that much over the years. He still believes the same things he did back then. I am still the same I was then well. My reaction to him in 1988, was go the fock away. He was one of the worst out there. Borrowing Neil Kinnock's grandfather was hilarious. In 1988, I'd have easily voted for any Republican candidate back then over him except maybe -maybe- Pat Robertson. (Again, too young to vote.)

Now, Ha! I'll actually be relieved if he runs. He'd suddenly be the best Dem (with a chance) and better than most Republicans (that party has gone totally to sh*t since '88). That I'd ever type this shocks me. But it's true. This drives in my mind just how low we've sunk in 2016. One of the worst candidates in 1988, in now one of the 'best' in 2016 and we both believes the same things now as we did back then when I hated him. Oh my Gawd. In fairness his foreign policy and mine have become very similar since 9/11 and that is a big issue for me.

Man I hate 2016. Please let Kasich win.

Biden, when he puts his smart hat on, is a formidable opponent in a debate. Ask Paul Ryan. I remember when he was constantly on Meet The Press with Russert after 9/11 and during the wars, thinking this guy is sharp. Really sharp. Then he would get in front of the press and poof! I was not so impressed. I guess he's good with a script and narrow subject matter, but he's just full of flubs left on his own.

To KSB,

I think would Biden brings over Hilary Is number 1 like ability. Number 2, display knowledge, he hasn't been involved in A bunch of scandals. And 3, Even though he does mouth off occasionally, He actually is a pretty seasoned veteran. Which would at least score as a push against Hilary.

I think Hilary especially now just comes across As evasive, slick, and untrustworthy.

Biden, when he puts his smart hat on, is a formidable opponent in a debate. Ask Paul Ryan. I remember when he was constantly on Meet The Press with Russert after 9/11 and during the wars, thinking this guy is sharp. Really sharp. Then he would get in front of the press and poof! I was not so impressed. I guess he's good with a script and narrow subject matter, but he's just full of flubs left on his own.

Debates aren't scripted :dunno:

Debates aren't scripted :dunno:

Yeah, But they kind of are. What I mean by that is With modern debate prep, These guys have about 90 percent of the questions nailed down With Essentially prescripted answers from the writers and advisors.That's why, Prior to a big debate, Many of these guys locked themselves down like they're in training camp. And for 8 to 10 hours a day just go over and over and over Potential questions and answers.

Yeah, But they kind of are. What I mean by that is With modern debate prep, These guys have about 90 percent of the questions nailed down With Essentially prescripted answers from the writers and advisors.That's why, Prior to a big debate, Many of these guys locked themselves down like they're in training camp. And for 8 to 10 hours a day just go over and over and over Potential questions and answers.

That's true but you still gotta be quick on your feet. You can prep the hell out of it but there's always variables involved with the moderator and especially your opponent.

Biden mopped the focking floor with Paul Ryan. Haven't seen a debate K.O. like that ever, but I am a younger guy (compared to all you old fossils)

Well Joe Biden's presence brings it all full circle for me and makes me realize just how completely focked up 2016 is.

I have a very clear recollection of the first time he ran for president in 1988. It was the first election where I was old enough to be completely tuned in to this political bulls*t. I had volunteered for Jack Kemp that year. Biden was also running. His presence ties 1988 together with 2016 for me in a powerful way like no other politician; my first (still too young to vote) and my most recent election.

Boy I hated Biden. The man is/was a tax and spend Democrat that didn't give a rat's ass about the deficit. Everything wrong with the Democratic Party in 1988, Biden was embodied in this guy. And then today: my avatar dates to the fiscal cliff negotiations. Like 1988, I want deficit reduction intensely, it's always been my #1 issue and I chose cliff. How that turned out infuriated me. I was completely disgusted by the horrible deal that Biden struck with McConnell to end the thing. Deficit reduction ws the entire purpose and there was none there. It was the most gut-wrenching and disgusting deal I've ever witnessed in all my years of watching this politics cr@p. Like the president he serves under, Biden doesn't care about the runaway deficit. The fiscal cliff isn't ancient history, it's a very recent situation where Biden personally p*ssed me off to no end on my most obsessive topic.

Now, neither Biden nor I nave changed all that much over the years. He still believes the same things he did back then. I am still the same I was then well. My reaction to him in 1988, was go the fock away. He was one of the worst out there. Borrowing Neil Kinnock's grandfather was hilarious. In 1988, I'd have easily voted for any Republican candidate back then over him except maybe -maybe- Pat Robertson. (Again, too young to vote.)

Now, Ha! I'll actually be relieved if he runs. He'd suddenly be the best Dem (with a chance) and better than most Republicans (that party has gone totally to sh*t since '88). That I'd ever type this shocks me. But it's true. This drives in my mind just how low we've sunk in 2016. One of the worst candidates in 1988, in now one of the 'best' in 2016 and we both believes the same things now as we did back then when I hated him. Oh my Gawd. In fairness his foreign policy and mine have become very similar since 9/11 and that is a big issue for me.

Man I hate 2016. Please let Kasich win.

I agree about Kasich. Being that Ohio is so important he should be on the ticket either way. Kasich/Rubio would be good. Considering how spending has skyrocketed under O/B, how could you think Biden or any D would be better at controling spending than a R. Granted most of the the R's reallydon't give a rats ass about the deficit but there is hope that they would control spending ... some ..a little.

/

Deficit reduction ws the entire purpose and there was none there. It was the most gut-wrenching and disgusting deal I've ever witnessed in all my years of watching this politics cr@p.

The ACA is worse. Doesn't even resemble it's original intent. That said, Biden is much like GHW Bush. A quiet VP under a popular president (within his own party). He is waiting until Hillary hits bottom to announce, and once he does, the left will turn on Hillary just like they always have done.

We have 35 year of evidence and five Republican presidential terms that show they are no different than the Dems when it comes to debt. And still people assume a GOP president will be better on this issue. :doh:

We have 35 year of evidence and five Republican presidential terms that show they are no different than the Dems when it comes to debt. And still people assume a GOP president will be better on this issue. :doh:

point taken...but you could look at the plight of AA economic progress and see there has been a long body of democratic evidence that show they are no better than repubs... If you had to pick one side that seems more likely to improve things which side of the coin do you choose?

I need to find my prediction from last year that Biden would win the Democratic nomination.

"Told ya so."

I doubt Warren is on the ballot, not her lane right now, and she is likely setting up for a run herself in 2020.

I doubt Warren is on the ballot, not her lane right now, and she is likely setting up for a run herself in 2020.

A 2 term VP who wants the job of president generally gets it. Works for Biden, works for Warren.

A 2 term VP who wants the job of president generally gets it. Works for Biden, works for Warren.

So let me get this straight: Warren is going to bank on 20 consecutive years of a democratic presidency?

Because that's what it would take for this scenario to unfold. Eight years Obama plus eight years Biden plus four years Warren.

And it'd be 24 years if she's going to have a second term, which would presumably be the goal.

:doh:

point taken...but you could look at the plight of AA economic progress and see there has been a long body of democratic evidence that show they are no better than repubs... If you had to pick one side that seems more likely to improve things which side of the coin do you choose?

I suppose I'd choose Dems only because so many people on the right side of the aisle seem so contemptuous of minorities and the poor in general. In actuality you're probably right that their policies have little effective difference. Just like the GOP's claims to care about the deficit.

So let me get this straight: Warren is going to bank on 20 consecutive years of a democratic presidency?

Because that's what it would take for this scenario to unfold. Eight years Obama plus eight years Biden plus four years Warren.

And it'd be 24 years if she's going to have a second term, which would presumably be the goal.

:doh:

Worms, you couldn't think your way off a ledge with a push. If Biden wins, then she is VP. Is she going to run against him in 4 years? If he loses she runs in 4 years.

You are really a dope. No wonder we all think you are a fake lawyer.

Worms, you couldn't think your way off a ledge with a push. If Biden wins, then she is VP. Is she going to run against him in 4 years? If he loses she runs in 4 years.

You are really a dope. No wonder we all think you are a fake lawyer.

Whoosh!

Worms, you couldn't think your way off a ledge with a push.

I've never heard that expression. :lol:

While Worms makes you often wonder if he's a lawyer with some of his statements, this isn't one of those times. Still, he is an incredible D - Bag.

While Worms makes you often wonder if he's a lawyer with some of his statements, this isn't one of those times. Still, he is an incredible D - Bag.

Aww, thanks :wub:

So Warren should turn down Biden if he asks, hope he does not get the nomination and hope he loses if he does. Sounds like a plan. :thumbsup:

I like Kasich because he is neither GOP nor DEm (granted he runs as a GOPer) he is right in the center and will do the right thing not the party thing. Wouldn't it be great if the POTUS was not allowed to be either GOP or Dem and had to be centrist ....... pipe dream i know :(

So Warren should turn down Biden if he asks, hope he does not get the nomination and hope he loses if he does. Sounds like a plan. :thumbsup:

Better chance of that then two VPs winning in a row.

People want change after eight years of the same ol' thing. That's why Gore almost lost in 2000 even though he was following a wildly successful Clinton presidency.

H.W. is the only exception in modern times and he was a one-term guy despite being a fine president.

You apparently think the Democrats can not only hold the presidency for 24 consecutive years, but even with carrying over the ticket from one election to the next. I'd put the odds of that at approximately .01%.

I like Kasich because he is neither GOP nor DEm (granted he runs as a GOPer) he is right in the center and will do the right thing not the party thing. Wouldn't it be great if the POTUS was not allowed to be either GOP or Dem and had to be centrist ....... pipe dream i know :(

Kasich is definitely GOP. But he does appear to be moderate and that's worth something

If it Jeb Bush as the nominee for the GOP, I will vote for Joey.

Also, this is a borderline must see.

I seriously wonder what people from other countries think of us And our presidential candidates. I mean, It's bad enough from the inside, But can you imagine? Wait Are only two families allowed to run for president in the US? Bush and Clinton? Seriously, you have a reality star As a presidential nominee?

I think it was John Oliver that went over to England When they voted for the Prime Minister. They have like a two monthElection campaign, with a very limited maximum dollar amount. The US by comparison? Just looks like a complete and utter joke.

I seriously wonder what people from other countries think of us And our presidential candidates. I mean, It's bad enough from the inside, But can you imagine? Wait Are only two families allowed to run for president in the US? Bush and Clinton? Seriously, you have a reality star As a presidential nominee?

I think it was John Oliver that went over to England When they voted for the Prime Minister. They have like a two monthElection campaign, with a very limited maximum dollar amount. The US by comparison? Just looks like a complete and utter joke.

It's turning into American Idol. Just focking nonsense. I don't get it. Donald Trump is a reality TV person. People are actually considering him as leader of the free world? WTF are people thinking?

Hillary Clinton is the focking Anti-Christ. Just look at her.....she has sold her soul to the Devil multiple times. I don't believe one focking thing that comes out of her mouth.

And these are the leaders in the clubhouse. JFC.

H.W. is the only exception in modern times and he was a one-term guy despite being a fine president.

H.W. lost due to Perot, otherwise he an easy 2 termer. Gore lost because he refused to bend on his anti-coal stance (in other words didn't want the job). Ford lost because of Nixon. LBJ (lost) because he didn't want the job. In other words, the VP(or inherited Pres) pretty much has a huge advantage outside of extenuating circumstance or not wanting the job. If Warren doesn't attach herself to Biden because she wants the job in 4 years, it is a mistake. There is a pretty good chance Biden (if elected) would only serve 1 term.

HW and WJC were both great their family members just really suck. Why must we go from bad options in Hillary and Jeb. To worse or actually insane alternatives like Trump and Bernie. Been in Europe alot latley yes they are laughing and loudly.

warren is old, this is it for her... Maybe hillary promised her a cabinet position for staying on the sidelines... Gamble a cabinet position for a VP...

HW and WJC were both great their family members just really suck. Why must we go from bad options in Hillary and Jeb. To worse or actually insane alternatives like Trump and Bernie. Been in Europe alot latley yes they are laughing and loudly.

Why would Europeans be laughing at Bernie?

Why would Europeans be laughing at Bernie?

Brits are... America lusting to be france... lolz...

It's turning into American Idol. Just focking nonsense. I don't get it. Donald Trump is a reality TV person. People are actually considering him as leader of the free world? WTF are people thinking?

Hillary Clinton is the focking Anti-Christ. Just look at her.....she has sold her soul to the Devil multiple times. I don't believe one focking thing that comes out of her mouth.

And these are the leaders in the clubhouse. JFC.

You sound exactly like the pundits/establishment guys on TV.

How many focking times can the GOP lie to you before you figure out they BLOW. THAT is why Trump is leading and running away with this thing. Folks have had it with your establishment guys that make all kinds of promises only to cave first chance they get. Folks have had enough. That is why Trump, Carson, and Cruz are surging, most folks are DONE being lied to. You on the other hand, seem to enjoy the shtt out of it.

The definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Also, Trump is NOT my guy, however, it is very easy to see why he is running away with this thing..