Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

Rate this Shizz

I've been playing in a competitive league for about 10 years now, 12 team league. Recently we had a rule change to allow teams to keep 1 player on their roster and not draft a player in the first round. Our scoring is 1/2 PPR, big play bonuses, and weighted towards QB's and DST scoring. I drafted second overall, we redraw our draft position every 2 rounds. I took Rodgers second overall after Luck was gone (QB heavy scoring).

Start 8 players, Manditory 1 QB, 1 DST, 1K, minimum 1 RB (up to 4), minimum 1 WR or TE (up to 4).

QB - Rodgers (GB) & Stafford (DET)

RB - Forsett (BAL), C. Hyde (SF), Bernard (CIN), Ivory (NYJ)

WR - Cobb (GB), A. Jeffrey (CHI), Allen (SD), White (ATL), Williams (DAL)

DST - Eagles, Panthers

K - Eagles, Steelers

Draft Strategy, our big-play bounus, 1/2 PPR format actually really favours comboing up a top QB and WR combo can be mega-points for a long TD. A lot of teams matched up the top QB with the top WR on their team. I'd have loved Nelson-Rodgers, but of course Nelson is hurt. Cobb seems like a worthy replacement.

Thoughts? Rate mine and i'll rate yours, post a link!

Solid team I think, I'm really high on Chris Ivory this year and if Hyde can produce solid #'s as the 49ers starter than your really good, but I'm sure Reggie will take a lot away from him. I really like your WR's outside of Roddy, but that's just me being a New Orleans Saints fan and his past comments directed at the city of New Orleans.

Solid team I think, I'm really high on Chris Ivory this year and if Hyde can produce solid #'s as the 49ers starter than your really good, but I'm sure Reggie will take a lot away from him. I really like your WR's outside of Roddy, but that's just me being a New Orleans Saints fan and his past comments directed at the city of New Orleans.

Thanks!

I tried not to go off the draft board on a lot of risky sleeper picks this year. I just went for solid depth wherever I could find it. I tried to target RB who were at least the legit #1 starter on theri team.

Thanks for rating mine.

You got good qbs

I would start Forsett and ivory

Wide receivers are decent...no studs but no duds either

You never know in fantasy...its 85 percent luck

I've been playing in a competitive league for about 10 years now, 12 team league. Recently we had a rule change to allow teams to keep 1 player on their roster and not draft a player in the first round. Our scoring is 1/2 PPR, big play bonuses, and weighted towards QB's and DST scoring. I drafted second overall, we redraw our draft position every 2 rounds. I took Rodgers second overall after Luck was gone (QB heavy scoring).

Start 8 players, Manditory 1 QB, 1 DST, 1K, minimum 1 RB (up to 4), minimum 1 WR or TE (up to 4).

QB - Rodgers (GB) & Stafford (DET)

RB - Forsett (BAL), C. Hyde (SF), Bernard (CIN), Ivory (NYJ)

WR - Cobb (GB), A. Jeffrey (CHI), Allen (SD), White (ATL), Williams (DAL)

DST - Eagles, Panthers

K - Eagles, Steelers

Draft Strategy, our big-play bounus, 1/2 PPR format actually really favours comboing up a top QB and WR combo can be mega-points for a long TD. A lot of teams matched up the top QB with the top WR on their team. I'd have loved Nelson-Rodgers, but of course Nelson is hurt. Cobb seems like a worthy replacement.

Thoughts? Rate mine and i'll rate yours, post a link!

Might have some problems at wr , Cobb might miss week one Jeffery has been hurt this whole preseason and White is hurting and now gets his knee drain .

Might have some problems at wr , Cobb might miss week one Jeffery has been hurt this whole preseason and White is hurting and now gets his knee drain .

White will likely never leave my bench other than to cover a bye week, but they're saying it's a minor elbow injury and he should be ready for week 1.

Cobb will be a huge problem for me if he can't replicate what he did last season at minimum. They're saying it's a joint sprain so should be ready to go for week 1...

Jeffery is nursing a calf injury but doesn't sound too bad. We'll see.

Still think u have a solid squad with some top point producers. The WR's will heal up and shine....Good Luck!

thanks for answering mine earlier.

first off, can you clarify the keeper situation? did that mean in 2016 you will have a keeper from this year's squad or did you get a player from your 2014 squad to keep? i am assuming the former for this post.

also, how do you like redrawing your position every 2 rounds? seems it could go south really quickly.

here's how i see your squad.

QB: you're set. for now and the next 4+ years likely. i am assuming this is why you took rodgers #2.

RB/WR: putting them together since your settings are unique - assuming full health, you're starting Forsett, Cobb, and Jeffery every week. Deciding your last 2 flex players is going to be nerve-wracking every week of the season, unless Hyde/Ivory takes off (which they both very well might - i like Ivory this year).

If that doesn't happen, though, you will need to hit on the FA/waiver wire to find a stud. I'd also consider trying to package gio with a WR to the JHill owner for another sure-fire every-week starter. I'm not owning roddy white in any leagues so he's basically droppable imo if you find an available player with upside.

weepaws makes a solid point, you may be forced to rely on your RBs early so I hope they all hit!

not knowing the other rosters, i'd say going QB 2nd overall put you behind the curve this season at a cost of a top 2 QB for the foreseeable future. savvy mgmt is crucial.

DST: kenjon barner (sp?) has looked great on returns, and they scored a ton of DST TDs last year. like panthers D to rebound a good bit as well.

thanks for answering mine earlier.

first off, can you clarify the keeper situation? did that mean in 2016 you will have a keeper from this year's squad or did you get a player from your 2014 squad to keep? i am assuming the former for this post.

also, how do you like redrawing your position every 2 rounds? seems it could go south really quickly.

here's how i see your squad.

QB: you're set. for now and the next 4+ years likely. i am assuming this is why you took rodgers #2.

RB/WR: putting them together since your settings are unique - assuming full health, you're starting Forsett, Cobb, and Jeffery every week. Deciding your last 2 flex players is going to be nerve-wracking every week of the season, unless Hyde/Ivory takes off (which they both very well might - i like Ivory this year).

If that doesn't happen, though, you will need to hit on the FA/waiver wire to find a stud. I'd also consider trying to package gio with a WR to the JHill owner for another sure-fire every-week starter. I'm not owning roddy white in any leagues so he's basically droppable imo if you find an available player with upside.

weepaws makes a solid point, you may be forced to rely on your RBs early so I hope they all hit!

not knowing the other rosters, i'd say going QB 2nd overall put you behind the curve this season at a cost of a top 2 QB for the foreseeable future. savvy mgmt is crucial.

DST: kenjon barner (sp?) has looked great on returns, and they scored a ton of DST TDs last year. like panthers D to rebound a good bit as well.

Appreciate the reply.

The Keeper rule comes into force this year, so we're permitted to keep any one player, DST or kicker from our team, at the expense of our first round draft pick next year (if any new teams enter or someone doesn't keep a player they pick first in the draft. Rodgers is almost certain to be my keeper as long as he's healthy, our league is also QB heavy scoring as I mentioned.

Redraw every 2 rounds is difficult, however it also adds randomness to the draft and keeps everyone on their toes. It prevents people from getting locked into a cycle of shitty late round picks for the most part. I've gotten used to it now, but knowing you may be waiting up to 11+ picks until your next pick makes you sometimes have to pull the trigger early for that player you want. You really have to watch the board and anticipate what other owners might be drafting in the next rounds.