Sign in to follow this  
rsekine

How To Leverage Draft Buddy In Espn Drafts

Hello Mike,

Can you give be some tips in using Draft Buddy in ESPN drafts? ESPN ranking is different, do you see areas where Draft Buddy ranks can get me to the promised land? Should I use your tiers?

Hi rsekine. Tried to answer this earlier but the forums went glitchy on me at the time. I think you should use the DB rankings and tiers based on the FF Today projections. I think no matter what site your league runs on, they are going to have default rankings or ADP readily available while you and other owners in your league draft, and they will influence the picks. That data tends to be a little outdated from what I've seen, and if a bunch of people are influenced by it then that just leaves better choices for you. You can to a degree compare the two lists and use it to your advantage. Say ESPN lists Brandin Cooks around WR25, but DB has him inside the top 20, then you know you can usually wait a little longer for him. Don't try to get too cute though or you'll just straight miss out on players you really want.

Hope that helps.