Sign in to follow this  
TAM2020

Draft Buddy Help Please

I did my draft this weekend and I saved it to my computer. Now when I try and open it, I get an excel message that says,

Excel cannot open the file 'Sin City draft_buddy_football_2015_1.2.xlsm' because the format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.

Please help me fix this so I can open it up. It has everyone in my league's teams saved.

Thanks

Not sure why that happened unless the file truly got corrupted when you saved it after the draft. Send me the file and I'll see if I can open it over here. compiler@fftoday.com

Got it. The file says .xlsm on the end, but the large file size tipped me off. It should be .xls. In Windows or on your Mac, change the filename so it says .xls on the end. Then it should open in Excel. I got the same error message you received and then it worked after I made that change.

I really like your team. Nice job!

Whew. Thanks Mike. I was panicking there. Got it opened. BTW, I won my law firm's fantasy trophy last year (and have won 3 out of the last 6 years) using Draft Buddy. I'm the only one who uses it, and I get a ton of from my colleagues about my computer doing my drafting for me, but I tell you, I love the program.

Thanks again.

Cool, thanks! Nice run of success there. Lets keep it going this year!