Baker Boy

Meet the new PC James Bond

The image of a smooth-talking, chain-smoking and sexist James Bond may be a thing of the past as the latest 007 novel gives him a politically-correct makeover.

Author Anthony Horowitz has revealed the new book Trigger Mortis has been amended for modern readers and contains anti-smoking messages and for the first time an outspoken gay friend.

Horowitz admitted that while doing so he has had to work carefully to preserve 007s characters and attitude as created by the spy novels first author Ian Fleming, who died in 1964.

As the younger generation begins to frown on Bonds chauvinistic attitudes and unhealthy lifestyle in the era of political correctness, Fleming has introduced a cast of new characters who will point out the error of his ways.

Included will be messages about smoking causing cancer and women who give the charmer a run for his money as little twists have been added to make the story suitable for the modern reader.

For the first time a Bond girls storyline will be followed beyond her fleeting experience with 007, with the return of Galore.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3227197/James-Bond-set-politically-correct-makeover-author-latest-novel-suggests-chain-smoking-sexist-007-way-out.html#ixzz3lM7TYQHk

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And the Social Engineering continues.

• Sad 1

Oh no...he doesn't smoke and has a gay friend...fire up Huckabee and Kim Davis to the rescue.

Seriously...this is what republican hacks want to complain about now?

Good move to bring in a younger audience.

:thumbsup:

I heard Idris Elba is in line to play the next Bond, love it.

Pretty soon they will replace all the guns in every movie with bananas

And then put a condom over them to teach conflict resolution.

Alcohol and gambling will be excluded next,or bond will be drinking an umbrella drink.

I feel like phurboy isn't going to find this new Bond near as sexy. :(

He has a thing for his new friend though.

Consider this. I think this is less PC. It's basically the same thing as someone saying, "I have a black friend"

We don't know the sexual orientation of any of James Bonds' friends. Nor should we since it's irrelevant. Now they are specifically going to shoehorn some homosexual stuff to show how gay friendly they are. In other words, "Hey look, James Bond has a gay friend!"

Consider this. I think this is less PC. It's basically the same thing as someone saying, "I have a black friend"

We don't know the sexual orientation of any of James Bonds' friends. Nor should we since it's irrelevant. Now they are specifically going to shoehorn some homosexual stuff to show how gay friendly they are. In other words, "Hey look, James Bond has a gay friend!"

If they had any balls, they would make James a sissy.

007 will be a black woman (probably lesbian)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7244671/Thought-007-never-woman-black-shes-James-Bond-hand-number-over.html

Since Daniel Craig announced he was standing down as James Bond, debate has raged whether the next 007 should be a woman, or black.

Now The Mail on Sunday can reveal that she will be both – thanks to the intervention of feminist TV writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

In what's been called a 'popcorn-dropping moment', British star Lashana Lynch, will be given Bond's licence to kill in the 25th movie in the franchise, currently being shot in Italy and the UK.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

007 will be a black woman (probably lesbian)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7244671/Thought-007-never-woman-black-shes-James-Bond-hand-number-over.html

Since Daniel Craig announced he was standing down as James Bond, debate has raged whether the next 007 should be a woman, or black.

Now The Mail on Sunday can reveal that she will be both – thanks to the intervention of feminist TV writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

In what's been called a 'popcorn-dropping moment', British star Lashana Lynch, will be given Bond's licence to kill in the 25th movie in the franchise, currently being shot in Italy and the UK.

IF this is actually true, I guarantee you by doing this they've pretty much sunk the series.  No way this will even come close to the box office of any of the male-led movies.  James Bond should always be a male and this PC nonsense will effectively kill these movies.  This is like replacing the NBA with the WNBA.

No way a woman can kick ass like men despite what Hollywood may try to fool us with.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

IF this is actually true, I guarantee you by doing this they've pretty much sunk the series.  No way this will even come close to the box office of any of the male-led movies.  James Bond should always be a male and this PC nonsense will effectively kill these movies.  This is like replacing the NBA with the WNBA.

No way a woman can kick ass like men despite what Hollywood may try to fool us with.

There was a big push to have Idris Elba be the new bond. Which I think would be awesome. I guess that wasn't woke enough.

She's not carrying the movie, sounds like the current Bond comes in from retirement to replace her.

Meh, no big deal.

If they make a new one and she's the lead, that would be a different story.

Idris Elba would be awesome btw.

Idris Elba would be great. I would watch that. A chick? No thanks 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

There was a big push to have Idris Elba be the new bond. Which I think would be awesome. I guess that wasn't woke enough.

They should have Idris Elba be a transgender female lesbian who is also Muslim.  Checks all the boxes. 

James Bond is and will always be, a cunning, adult, white, British Male! 😎

Everything else is a PC infected bag of snot.

I think it deserves a free watch at least. If the lead sucks, then I wont watch any more. If she is really good though, then that's good for the series. Black female leads are pretty rare. If an actor or actress is good in a part, then that's usually all that matters.

I do think that it's great to see people complain about Hollywood not being creative enough, then when they try to change something to be creative, people (Trumpers) just complain anyway.

I think the most I will remember about Trumps time in office is the rise in Trump fan boy complainers. Even if Trump goes on to do great things, its hard not to be inundated with Trumper complaints.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

James Bond is and will always be, a cunning, adult, white, British Male! 😎

Everything else is a PC infected bag of snot.

The character of James Bond is reportedly NOT being changed in this film.  James Bond is still Daniel Craig.  The agent number 007 is simply being given to a black woman.  So that gives them an out to change 007 back if this is met with a huge backlash and fails at the box office.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I think it deserves a free watch at least. If the lead sucks, then I wont watch any more. If she is really good though, then that's good for the series. Black female leads are pretty rare. If an actor or actress is good in a part, then that's usually all that matters.

I do think that it's great to see people complain about Hollywood not being creative enough, then when they try to change something to be creative, people (Trumpers) just complain anyway.

I think the most I will remember about Trumps time in office is the rise in Trump fan boy complainers. Even if Trump goes on to do great things, its hard not to be inundated with Trumper complaints.

Yeah. The complaint is that the 35th incarnation of a movie isn't original. 

I like it.  It's important for kids of all races, genders, and sexual orientations to know that they too can grow up to be a super spy with an uncanny ability to not get hit by enemy fire from point blank range.

This should be leading to a threesome at least. Right? 

34 minutes ago, nobody said:

I like it.  It's important for kids of all races, genders, and sexual orientations to know that they too can grow up to be a super spy with an uncanny ability to not get hit by enemy fire from point blank range.

Then how how about starting your own original f****** franchise?

1 hour ago, nobody said:

what the flyin'fock? :dunno:

Disney owns Bond now too?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Then how how about starting your own original f****** franchise?

EXACTLY!!!!

It's all about pissing off the white man, you know the one, the one that made pretty much anything and everything that's worth a damn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riversco said:

The character of James Bond is reportedly NOT being changed in this film.  James Bond is still Daniel Craig.  The agent number 007 is simply being given to a black woman.  So that gives them an out to change 007 back if this is met with a huge backlash and fails at the box office.

Why not give her a different number and have her work with 007 Bond? That seems less contrived.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. The complaint is that the 35th incarnation of a movie isn't original. 

That isnt the complaint at all. The movies end up typically good, so I dont see anything wrong with continuing a quality long running series.

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Why not give her a different number and have her work with 007 Bond? That seems less contrived.  :dunno:

I think the way it works, is they have a specific set of double-0 agents.  When one leaves/dies whatever, they just give their next recruit that 00 designation and the associated license to kill.  It actually fits that the gender and race and sexual identity or whatever can change.  I doubt MI-6 had a rule that only white males could be super spies.  That would be a bit limiting for their espionage efforts.

The concept of a 00 agent designation being assigned to different genders and races makes sense in the narrative, however the timing given real world issues is a terrible one.  There is significant backlash to gender bending being used as political propaganda to win elections, so it makes it look like the people in charge of this series is just working as an arm of the democrats / labour.

13 minutes ago, nobody said:

I think the way it works, is they have a specific set of double-0 agents.  When one leaves/dies whatever, they just give their next recruit that 00 designation and the associated license to kill.  It actually fits that the gender and race and sexual identity or whatever can change.  I doubt MI-6 had a rule that only white males could be super spies.  That would be a bit limiting for their espionage efforts.

I read riversco's comment to mean that Bond is still in the movie, but not 007.  Guess I don't follow.

20 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

That isnt the complaint at all. The movies end up typically good, so I dont see anything wrong with continuing a quality long running series.

The movies end up good because of the male lead.

15 minutes ago, nobody said:

MI-6?  Or Ian Fleming?

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I read riversco's comment to mean that Bond is still in the movie, but not 007.  Guess I don't follow.

I have read a rumor that Bond is still in the movie and is not 007, yes.  I don't know for sure.

I'm sure if James bond retires his 00 status is revoked.  Then they're like "we got this new chick that is also capable of being a ruthless killer.  Let's promote her to 00." 

23 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

The movies end up good because of the male lead.

I agree that because of the actor it ends up good. Maybe this actress will be good, or maybe she will suck. If she is good, the movie will be good

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I agree that because of the actor it ends up good. Maybe this actress will be good, or maybe she will suck. If she is good, the movie will be good

No one wants to see a female James Bond.  No one.  I guarantee if they go in that direction the movies will bomb and they'll be back to a male lead faster than you can say "box office bomb".

32 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

No one wants to see a female James Bond.  No one.  I guarantee if they go in that direction the movies will bomb and they'll be back to a male lead faster than you can say "box office bomb".

I'm not going to agree that no one wants to see that. 100% of Trumpers, I agree