Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Fanduel - Straight up? Step inside......

So are you going to touch the hot stove again next Sunday? Let us know how it turns out.

So you're going to keep posting in a thread where you have no interest in? You lost, bored or just being a d!ck? Run along junior.

http://www.legalsportsreport.com/4548/draftkings-data-leak-faq/

More good reading and outlines just how valuable this information is.

So, the article shows a tweet from the DK "spokes person" advising any employee playing on a competing site would be fired. Yet, one of their employees played and won on Fanduel. So, has he been fired or not?

It also doesn't address the accusation of multiple plays in the single entry games.

Yep, I'm out.

Sh!t gets deeper..........quoted from that thread:

https://dfsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/PetrGibbons-RG.png

"So Top 50 Grinder and Top 10 TPOY player PetrGibbons is a Fanduel employee who sets the pricing for FD. He became a Top 50 grinder and a TPOY top 10 in only 5 months playing almost every sport at an elite level. Holy ###### fellas."

https://dfsreport.com/6898/follow-up-to-draftkings-fanduel-mishaps/

How can a guy setting the player pricing be allowed to play DFS, even at a competing site?

edit to clarify:

"He only plays the sports on DK that overlap with FD at an elite level. Football, baseball, college football.

He’s incredibly ordinary in Golf (FD doesn’t have it) and there is no soccer, NASCAR, or MMA (FD doesn’t have those either).

It’s a little suspicious that he’s elite at sports where inside information is theoretically available, but ordinary or doesn’t play when that info is not available. It doesn’t prove anything but it is exactly what it would like if there was something going on."

I was reading comments on an article and guys were saying that lienup changes happen for the top money finishers. That can only happen from the inside. This was NBA and one guy had the same lineup as another, but in the 4th quarter of game his center changed. He took screen shots and emailed them. His account was deleted and he was banned.

Is it just hearsay. Possibly, but this is starting to look really bad at least for DK and FD!

On Monday, DraftKings and FanDuel released a joint statement that said “nothing is more important” than the “integrity of the games we offer,” but offered few specifics about how they keep contests on the level.

A spokesman for DraftKings acknowledged that employees of both companies had won big jackpots playing at other daily fantasy sites.

Late Monday, the two companies temporarily barred their employees from playing games or taking part in tournaments at any other site; they already had prohibited their employees from playing on their own company sites.

I capped those statements in bold to emphasize that if the two companies are releasing a joint statement, two conclusions may be drawn from that.

1. There are close relationships at the upper levels of both companies.

2. Since employees from both companies have won big jackpots on other sites, there is a high probability

that information was being traded between employees regarding player usage.

The fact that Ethan Haskell had a say in what price players garnered cannot be overlooked. Ever wonder why some players barely increase in price while others (who may be underperforming) remain high? Did he set the price low on some players to assist a Draft Kings employee who was playing on Fan Duel then received the same treatment from that employee?

• Like 1

They are all crooked as a barrel of snakes. Show all lineups at start of first game for the week otherwise, it's fraud. Pure, plain and simple!

These sites need an ability to search by players. Draftstreet had it and I considered it one of the surest ways of legitimacy and transparency. The first thing I'd ever do in a tournament was search and record the numbers of multiple "sleepers" owned.

The thing that irritates me the most about this situation is the arrogance from nearly everyone in the DFS industry regarding this incident. They are brushing it off like its no big deal, flaming those that do, deleting posts (RG), and joking about how the MSM is overreacting on a subject they don't know.

Its seriously like a bunch of college frat boys that got accused of breaking the law with the behavior and antics I've seen over the last week.

On the one bright side, if ever you were looking for overlay in tournaments across the industry, this weekend might be the one

• Like 1

Well stated giraldi02 :thumbsup:

I agree that the sharks are circling the wagons now trying to defuse a bomb after it's already gone off.

I've sent yet another email to Fan Duel's support staff, this time requesting my monies back for this tainted year. Who knows........ :dunno:

For all their stupid ad campaign, I would love to see this go viral. Everyone should post a link to the article on their FB page.

I won't write ESPN, but I'd love to see them revoke their support!

It's the UltimateBet poker scandal all over again. These companies will NOT regulate themselves until an outside entity forces them to. There is no incentive for them to do so.

This insider betting is the only story to surface so far. How much other cheating and collusion do you think goes on that is not reported?

Once the government cracks down, they will freeze all your funds and you won't be able to access your money.

I personally would not trust FanDuel or DraftKings with a single cent.

So with the FD/DK employees now banned from playing, is anyone else going to give it a try? I'm still not 100% convinced that data and everything else is on the up and up there.

I banked hundreds last year and it definitely seemed easier then. Now that those sites allow scripting where the sharks can alter hundreds of lineups quickly, it seems more difficult.

FBI involved now, the truth shall come out. Can't hid behind your computer screens when the feds get involved, nor can you brush it off as 'nothing to see here.'

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/15/sports/draftkings-fanduel-fbi-investigation.html

Also, ITT lots of stupidity. Any industry left to self regulate will have issues, it's human nature to be greedy. Hell industries that are heavily regulated consistently end up with scandals. Where there is money involved, and especially lottery type free money like this industry, there will be shade. Sure as corporations, neither of these companies need drama. Their business is raking. Doesn't matter who wins, who loses, they make $ on every cent wagered. End of story. Or is it? THe individuals working in these corporations are not the corporation. Same as some rouge banker is not bank of america. Human nature will prevail. If you think a dude making 15-20 bucks an hour is not going to try and gain an edge, walk a fine line between skills and illegal behavior, well I have a bridge to see you in BK.

Forget about the sharks, and the people using scripts and such to essentially turn the average player into a sucker that feeds the system at best. That's a whole other story. Let's talk about the real story, insider trading. Taking confidential info to gain an edge. insider trading is a very serious problem here. Forget that a new guy won, and with a bunch of outliers. You have to have outliers to win the lottery contests, and whether a guy is new or old is absolutely irrelevant. If you have access to what player is owner in what % across the board, and you also are somehow connected with creating the market, aka determining what price each player should fetch, the combo will make you a lot of money in the long run. You might miss on 10 weeks in a row, but that 11th week based on that insider info you'll come up with that magical lineup and cash in on 350K. Or 2 mil. And the upper mgmt folks will not care because they're not being asked to regulate anything. People are winning, number of users increasing week over week, we're all gonna be billionares! They're too busy burning through other people's cash on incessan, horrific t advertisements to care. Until the feds get involved that is. THis business model is nothing different from online poker. The corporation is interested in making 100s of millions off the rake, don't need any drama. But the corporations are filled with nefarious cats working there, because guess what, gambling attracts degenerates. These degenerates will always walk the fine line between having more knowledge than others and engaging in illegal activities. Add in the fact that you can literally off 5-10 bucks, over the course of a single sunday, walk away with 6-7 figure winnings, and it will be shady. Until it is regulated, and even then there will be shade involved. Too much money for there not to be, and too many degenerates attracted to this type of gambling model to even keep it completely clean. Again, look at our banking industry as a blueprint...

As the old saying goes, if you look around the room and can't spot the sucker, guess who the sucker is...

ALso, looks like those scripts dudes and other sharks are actually looking at a 17% rate of return, not 7. That'd make hedge fund managers cream their pants...

91 percent of player profits in daily fantasy sports were won by just 1.3 percent of the players. In fact, the top 11 players on average paid $2 million in entry fees and made $135,000 in profit while accounting for 17 percent of all entry fees.

Many of the professionals use automated processes that let them change hundreds, if not thousands, of lineups in seconds, a decided advantage when last-minute changes are made in the lineups of real football, basketball or baseball teams.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/15/sports/draftkings-fanduel-fbi-investigation.html

You'd have to be an idiot spending money on this. Like literally you'd be better off gambling straight up on sports...

This part of the Times article caught my eye:

"Major League Baseball and the National Basketball Association, along with networks such as NBC, Comcast and Fox and the team owners Robert K. Kraft of the New England Patriots and Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys, are among the investors in the sites."

How is this not betting and how is it allowed for the Associations, even owners, to be invested in these things? This whole thing reeks of dirty...

So the Federalies have landed and are investigating. My my my......if I had any sort of cash in Draftkings and Fanduel, I'd be withdrawing these funds A.S.A.P. in case the sites get seized. The hammer is coming and it would be best watching from a distance.

So the Federalies have landed and are investigating. My my my......if I had any sort of cash in Draftkings and Fanduel, I'd be withdrawing these funds A.S.A.P. in case the sites get seized. The hammer is coming and it would be best watching from a distance.

:thumbsup: this

This part of the Times article caught my eye:

"Major League Baseball and the National Basketball Association, along with networks such as NBC, Comcast and Fox and the team owners Robert K. Kraft of the New England Patriots and Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys, are among the investors in the sites."

How is this not betting and how is it allowed for the Associations, even owners, to be invested in these things? This whole thing reeks of dirty...

it's actually perfect for the leagues. They have known since the beginning of time that gambling increases interest in their sports/leagues. That is not rocket science. But they can't overtly support gambling, because you know the integrity of the game and some other crap. As if these guys aren't focused solely on the money. So along comes daily fantasy, same as gambling, will increase interest in their sports same as gambling, if not more, and no stigma attached to it. So they not only support it, they invest in it to help it grow exponentially. ALl these ads you see day and night, they're funded by the investments the leagues and owners have put into these sites.

The sooner people realize that the whole world is a sham, and anyone and everyone is out for their own interests, and will take everything you have without thinking twice about it, the sooner you'll learn to navigate the realities of this crazy world we live in.Till then, keep on dumping your cash into these pyramid schemes(not directed at you, just making a general statement)...

:thumbsup: this

won't happen. Not at this stage anyway. Read that last NYTimes article I just posted. WHen in 2006 they signed legislation trying to limit online gambling and money laundering and all taht good stuff, they left an exemption for fantasy sports. Guess who was big behind that exemption. The NFL. That's right, the league lobbied for all this. This is not like gambling where shady bookies are working in the shadows. They got their exemption, and every major sports league in this country and across Europe are investing in and endorsing these sites. That means there's real clout behind this. The feds can only go so far. They'll stick around, but changes will need to occur. However, regardless of what changes occur, this is a sucker bet right here. If you're comfortable with paying for entertainment, figure out what your price is, and put that much money in to be entertained. If you have any delusions of grandeur about hitting it big, or even being semi profitable, well I got another bridge in BK for sale. Brand new...

won't happen. Not at this stage anyway. Read that last NYTimes article I just posted. WHen in 2006 they signed legislation trying to limit online gambling and money laundering and all taht good stuff, they left an exemption for fantasy sports. Guess who was big behind that exemption. The NFL. That's right, the league lobbied for all this. This is not like gambling where shady bookies are working in the shadows. They got their exemption, and every major sports league in this country and across Europe are investing in and endorsing these sites. That means there's real clout behind this. The feds can only go so far. They'll stick around, but changes will need to occur. However, regardless of what changes occur, this is a sucker bet right here. If you're comfortable with paying for entertainment, figure out what your price is, and put that much money in to be entertained. If you have any delusions of grandeur about hitting it big, or even being semi profitable, well I got another bridge in BK for sale. Brand new...

The FBI is investigating whether DK (maybe FD as well) allowed people from states where this is banned to still play. That'd be a conspiracy and might mean charges for some there.

The FBI is investigating whether DK (maybe FD as well) allowed people from states where this is banned to still play. That'd be a conspiracy and might mean charges for some there.

yup, that'd be breaking the law, but only if DK or FD knowingly did this. if the users used some tricks like proxy and spoofing and whatever, they can't pin it on the sites. And even if they pin it on the sites, they'll levy a fine, and move along. Again, look at our banks and the financial crisis for a blueprint. ANd the way these sites are growing, with their valuations in the billions now, there's no fine heavy enough to shut them down. Hell Robert Kraft would probably pay for it behind the scenes.

It's the same as it ever was man. If there's enough money involved, looking the other way will be common place. No one gets held responsible. Faceless 'corporations' pay some money, get a slap on the wrist, and they continue on with their business. ANd that business, have no doubt, is about parting a sucker from his money...

Funny thing is, they released stats, and both sites had their largest volume in history this weekend. Odds are every weekend beats the previous record, but they had a major spike this weekend. All this bad publicity actually turned into good publicity, because a lot of outsiders learned about this industry. What's that tell you. These little hiccups are mere blips on the radar. This daily fantasy stuff is merely carving out a corner in the trillion dollar gambling industry that exists. And they don't have to worry about it being underground. Other than that, same as it ever was...

To clarify, the FBI is investigating a DK guy (Augilar or something like that) who detailed to someone via email/text about how to get around a particular state's ban on DFS. If proven true and it was a regular practice at either or both sites, someone is going to be the fall guy.

That house of cards might come tumbling down if THAT guy decides to cooperate with authorities. Who knows what all is going on there.

To clarify, the FBI is investigating a DK guy (Augilar or something like that) who detailed to someone via email/text about how to get around a particular state's ban on DFS. If proven true and it was a regular practice at either or both sites, someone is going to be the fall guy.

That house of cards might come tumbling down if THAT guy decides to cooperate with authorities. Who knows what all is going on there.

Not even close man, but I won't get into a never ending argument about it with you or anyone else. Billion dollar companies don't fold because of stuff like that. They pay fines, apologize vaguely without admitting to anything, and move along. They promise some changes that may or may not materialize, and onwards and upwards. Remember, this ain't the mafia that rhey can slap a RICO charge on. It's a legit business, with tons of money and high priced lawyers. I'll say it 1 more time. Please see big American banks for the playbook on stuff like this. We won't do it again mister, pinky swear! Ok...pay us $30 mil and try to behave! At least in public!

Wink wink

Nod nod

Nudge nudge

Same as it ever was...

• Like 1

Lol.....true pooh.

I'm laughing at these guys thinking they're so smart. Do you think they'll quit their jobs at the sites to play or keep their jobs and hope the gravy train isn't going to stop for them (i.e. they eventually get to play again)?

Lol.....true pooh.

I'm laughing at these guys thinking they're so smart. Do you think they'll quit their jobs at the sites to play or keep their jobs and hope the gravy train isn't going to stop for them (i.e. they eventually get to play again)?

The Sharks that are makin bank based on their system or scripts or whatever, of course they're gonna bounce, unless they're high up with equity in the business or something. But from the smell of things, lot of these top dog turds are getting rich off insider info, so how can they bounce and still get paid. Know how? They'll keep their jobs and just be a bit more covert about their playing. Their sister's boyfriend's great aunt will now be the account t that wins 350k. Same as it ever was. Like I said, lip service will be paid to regulations and then...same as it ever was...

Moral of the story here is to not get too vested in what the end result will be. Who cares? I got 99 problems but these sites ain't one! If you're smart enough you wouldn't waste a dollar on That nonsense. But fiends gon fiend...it's what they do...Gieco needs to make a commercial about it...

More drama...looks like some of the devious stuff happening might have been know it even sanctioned by higher ups. My opinion that there's no way these companies go down is shifting slightly. Will have to see what the Feds dig up, but they're not running around for nothing. There's smoke in the air, fire must be somewhere...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/17/sports/fantasy-sports-trade-group-is-said-to-receive-subpoena.html

Well, the can't really tell if the dust is finally settling or not.

Florida and Georgia are latest to jump on the cease and desist order/mantra.

I will say it seems the winning total score appears to be down nearly 20 points. Coincidence?

Well, the can't really tell if the dust is finally settling or not.

Florida and Georgia are latest to jump on the cease and desist order/mantra.

I will say it seems the winning total score appears to be down nearly 20 points. Coincidence?

It is ridiculous to think this was a relatively isolated incident. Im not saying you said that, just in general knowing how people are, there has to be a me too mentality in these work places. Joe fanduel made a ton of money off of the other sites, why shouldnt i get a piece of that pie? I am a little surprised that the higher ups promoted this type of behavior. Even if they didnt outwardly promote it they knew what was happening. The entire idea was genius, yet they didnt have the forsight to see this as a potential catastrophic issue?

• Like 1

It is ridiculous to think this was a relatively isolated incident. Im not saying you said that, just in general knowing how people are, there has to be a me too mentality in these work places. Joe fanduel made a ton of money off of the other sites, why shouldnt i get a piece of that pie? I am a little surprised that the higher ups promoted this type of behavior. Even if they didnt outwardly promote it they knew what was happening. The entire idea was genius, yet they didnt have the forsight to see this as a potential catastrophic issue?

I have no doubt that guy having the player usage data early was just the tip of the iceberg of what all is/was going on there. Who knows what the Feds may find and the lawyers for the lawsuits when they're in the discovery phase.

Go back to the first page with the example I provided on the 'new guy' throwing 3 darts in two tourneys and taking 1st in both and 2nd in one as well. It was happening every week but not in the large tourneys (guess too many eyes were watching).

To think all this started over some guy on the gravy train, tweeting out some seemingly (or so they try and tell us) innocuous data. That those guys haven't left their positions at those companies making a fraction of what they've been winning, tells you one of two things.

1. They're hoping this blows over so they'll get to play again (or are still playing through strawmen/relatives).

2. They're not that confident they'd continue winning without that data.

1. (or are still playing through strawmen/relatives).

You focking KNOW they are with ZERO regs on this yet other than "company policy"

• Like 1

I'm checking out another DFS site and you can see the number of games played and win percentage of the players. These win percentages are stupid for alot of these guys. 3700 games played , join date is June of this year with a win percentage of 63% is one example. And I'd wager those were not all $1 double ups

I actually took down 5th place on fanduel in a 12k entry gpp in week 1 for $1,500.00 on a $10 single entry tourney.. Players cap numbers were lower in a lot of instances since the year just started and adjustments hadn't been made yet...

Fast forward 6 weeks, and between all I've read about "teams" playing lineups, scripts, and so many people buying lineups to use its become less and less fun each week knowing your not playing on a level playing field vs other regular people..

Draftpot has that fan mode option where you just pick any player you want (no salary cap) and even if that's not as much fun it appears easier to cash in since the cheap player variables have been eliminated..

It seems like not only do those contests draw in more "Joe the DFS/fantasy newbie" types who just want to use guys they know (Brady, Peterson, Gronk) so more of the entries seem to be from normal people, but I'm not sure the "insider" guys can definitively say for example "Luck is better than Brady this week" since we can all see the raw data and make our choices based solely off ceilings..

And on that site if you scroll down in the lobby the dudes who are in a bunch of contests usually stick to the "gm mode" side where there is a cap...

I pulled most of the balance left in my fanduel acct out the day the story broke about the dirty stuff going on with dk/fd a few weeks ago just in case it was frozen..

Now I will only play with the little I left in there and when I cash, if it's a decent hit I move it right off because none of us want to lose access to the money we have beaten poor odds to get our hands on...

DFS was fun while it lasted and that big cash prize was great, but I'd rather not feed the beast and lose money back to an unfair system.. All of which is a reminder of just how huge fantasy has become since way back to the time of looking in Monday's USA Today for Sunday's stats to calculate who won that week, when it was still pure and wasn't America's new all aged Bingo that people are now robbing with there shady schemes..

• Like 1