Sign in to follow this  
brotherbock

Kap - Does anyone think he's good?

It's always easy to tell the guys who just check the fantasy stats and those who actually watch a guy play.

This thread wasn't about fantasy, the OP absurdly stated he shouldn't be a starting QB.

HTH

It's always easy to tell the guys who just check the fantasy stats and those who actually watch a guy play.

This thread wasn't about fantasy, the OP absurdly stated he shouldn't be a starting QB.

HTH

He shouldn't be. It's so cool that you get one good game so far this year to hang your fanboy hat on. Look, I form my opinions based on what I see, stats and actual game play included. If he's leading this team to sustained victory throughout this season, then I'll readily admit that he will have improved.

But yesterday's game doesn't change the fact that I still see, overall, a terrible quarterback.

Unless you played in the NFL, you can shove your 'armchair quarterback' insult where it belongs, which is nowhere near this discussion. You're an idiot if you think that someone has to have played the game to critique the game, which is the only meaning behind such a childish insult. If you weren't an NFL QB, then your opinion is as valid as mine is.

Stop taking it personally when I criticize the abilities of a player you like. It isn't an insult to you, don't be such an f-ing baby. If you want to disagree, that's fine. Let's talk about particular reasons why you think he's good. But if all you have are insults, go someplace else.

Are you Colin Kaepernick? Did I insult you in starting this thread? Are you somehow personally responsible for his play, or for the success of him or the team? Then why the f-ck are you so personally bent out of shape about an internet forum member's opinion of someone you don't even know? Get a grip and let people have their own opinions, even if god forbid they disagree with you.

stfu

HTH

Nailed it..

Stats wise, the guy has played some terrible games this year and he is still middle of the pack.

Just typical overreaction by idiots who clearly don't understand football.

He shouldn't be. It's so cool that you get one good game so far this year to hang your fanboy hat on. Look, I form my opinions based on what I see, stats and actual game play included. If he's leading this team to sustained victory throughout this season, then I'll readily admit that he will have improved.

But yesterday's game doesn't change the fact that I still see, overall, a terrible quarterback.

Unless you played in the NFL, you can shove your 'armchair quarterback' insult where it belongs, which is nowhere near this discussion. You're an idiot if you think that someone has to have played the game to critique the game, which is the only meaning behind such a childish insult. If you weren't an NFL QB, then your opinion is as valid as mine is.

Stop taking it personally when I criticize the abilities of a player you like. It isn't an insult to you, don't be such an f-ing baby. If you want to disagree, that's fine. Let's talk about particular reasons why you think he's good. But if all you have are insults, go someplace else.

Are you Colin Kaepernick? Did I insult you in starting this thread? Are you somehow personally responsible for his play, or for the success of him or the team? Then why the f-ck are you so personally bent out of shape about an internet forum member's opinion of someone you don't even know? Get a grip and let people have their own opinions, even if god forbid they disagree with you.

stfu

No sense in arguing with him. He will never see Kaep as the hack that he is. Plus, he is the kind of guy that quotes his own posts and agrees with it... Apparently.

No sense in arguing with him. He will never see Kaep as the hack that he is. Plus, he is the kind of guy that quotes his own posts and agrees with it... Apparently.

Always love to hear Packer fans take on Kap, especially considering what he has done to their team.

3-1 vs GB with averages of 265-PaY 90-RuY & 2-TD's per game.

I'll take that all day, every day. These are averages....

He is a good match vs very bad defenses like he played today , either wise he not even worth having on most rosters .

Completely agree..

Kaps biggest problem is that he has to play Seattle, Arizona and St. Louis 2 times per year. Those are all very good Defenses Who all will make a QB pay for bad decisions.

If hes in a weak division, He puts up some pretty good numbers.

Plus, he is the kind of guy that quotes his own posts and agrees with it... Apparently.

I have to admit, that is indeed a remarkable post. What a winner this guy is.

(Of course, the 'reality' is that he likely has multiple accounts, and thought he was going to post under a second account to support his first account, making his opinion seem more popular...and then just forgot which account he was logged in as. That's Kaepernick-level IQ right there.)

Reality, on 19 Oct 2015 - 06:37 AM, said:

HTH

Nailed it..

Stats wise, the guy has played some terrible games this year and he is still middle of the pack.

Just typical overreaction by idiots who clearly don't understand football.

Just want to preserve this one for posterity.

I have to admit, that is indeed a remarkable post. What a winner this guy is.

(Of course, the 'reality' is that he likely has multiple accounts, and thought he was going to post under a second account to support his first account, making his opinion seem more popular...and then just forgot which account he was logged in as. That's Kaepernick-level IQ right there.)

:lol:

I quoted my post because it was spot on, you have no clue what you are talking about. You started a thread and got called on it..

After looking through your profile you appear to have a lot of similarities to Roroco, another user who spends a lot of time starting threads relating to SF... Possible projecting going on here, accusing somebody of having aliases when you could very well be doing that yourself.. Interesting.

:lol:

I quoted my post because it was spot on, you have no clue what you are talking about. You started a thread and got called on it..

After looking through your profile you appear to have a lot of similarities to Roroco, another user who spends a lot of time starting threads relating to SF... Possible projecting going on here, accusing somebody of having aliases when you could very well be doing that yourself.. Interesting.

And you don't get that quoting yourself and saying 'nailed it' is, literally, something no one else does? Okay.

And if by 'called on it', you mean that you disputed my claims...yes, I was clearly 'called on it'. But what you probably mean is to imply that I was somehow 'proven wrong', simply by the sheer existence of your reply. Which I clearly have not been. My opinion, that Kaepernick is a terrible QB, has not been proven wrong by a single game of football. That you replied does not mean that I am wrong. You're not magical, even if you might be 'special'.

And yes, quoting yourself, with the text of your post in no way indicating that you were intentionally referring to your own post (like saying "I was right when I said this"), but instead phrased exactly the way you would phrase a response to someone else's post, is suspicious. Posting about the same topic? Yes, of course child. Very suspicious. Everyone here posts about FFB, we must all be the same person dun dun dunnnnnnnn.

Oline is a disaster, and the Seattle coverage did a good job. They did a great job of pointing it out on the broadcast.

Blaming Kaep for this performance only further strengthens my point that the common fantasy fan or critic simply doesn't understand the intricacies of football.

Oline is a disaster, and the Seattle coverage did a good job. They did a great job of pointing it out on the broadcast.

Blaming Kaep for this performance only further strengthens my point that the common fantasy fan or critic simply doesn't understand the intricacies of football.

Are you the intricacy guru then? Kaep sucks. Plain and simple. Other teams have been able to score on the seahawks so its not like this is the defense from their SB run. 3 points? Thats a bad qb.

• Like 1

Are you the intricacy guru then? Kaep sucks. Plain and simple. Other teams have been able to score on the seahawks so its not like this is the defense from their SB run. 3 points? Thats a bad qb.

I'm sure he shares some of the blame, but damn, that oline was getting destroyed.

See below

I'm sure he shares some of the blame, but damn, that oline was getting destroyed.

This guy gets it, the 49'ers are not a good team, not even close. You will get absolutely no argument from me on that.

You guys make me laugh.

I'm a Steelers fan. Roethlisberger looks GREAT (as did Landry Jones in a much smaller sample size) behind a much criticized offensive line, when Mike Vick looks horrible. Does that make Vick a terrible QB? The answer is "maybe". The reality is that Roethlisberger and Landry Jones have had 3 years to learn Todd Haley's system, Vick has had 8 weeks. Add to it that he's never been the best QB as far as timing and accuracy and you get the pathetic numbers he's put up. Could he do better in another system where his athleticism and ability to extend plays and launch deep balls is emphasized? Probably. The point is there are MANY factors that go into QB performance.

Back to Kaepernick. He has a bad offensive line, in a new system with a new coach, lost his best WR from last year and has a hurt RB. The deck doesn't get much more stacked against you than that. You could put a 49ers uni on Tom Brady and drop him under center and possible not get much different in the way of results. Continuity of system, coaching staff and players is a TREMENDOUS advantage that Kaep has none of. Bad defenses that can't bring pressure will make him look good, good defenses will do the opposite. We're still talking about the "almost" superbowl champions here ("I could sleepwalk that thing to him"), not the Browns or something. He's not Joe Montana and he's not Brady Quinn, just various points in between.

You guys make me laugh.

I'm a Steelers fan. Roethlisberger looks GREAT (as did Landry Jones in a much smaller sample size) behind a much criticized offensive line, when Mike Vick looks horrible. Does that make Vick a terrible QB? The answer is "maybe". The reality is that Roethlisberger and Landry Jones have had 3 years to learn Todd Haley's system, Vick has had 8 weeks. Add to it that he's never been the best QB as far as timing and accuracy and you get the pathetic numbers he's put up. Could he do better in another system where his athleticism and ability to extend plays and launch deep balls is emphasized? Probably. The point is there are MANY factors that go into QB performance.

Back to Kaepernick. He has a bad offensive line, in a new system with a new coach, lost his best WR from last year and has a hurt RB. The deck doesn't get much more stacked against you than that. You could put a 49ers uni on Tom Brady and drop him under center and possible not get much different in the way of results. Continuity of system, coaching staff and players is a TREMENDOUS advantage that Kaep has none of. Bad defenses that can't bring pressure will make him look good, good defenses will do the opposite. We're still talking about the "almost" superbowl champions here ("I could sleepwalk that thing to him"), not the Browns or something. He's not Joe Montana and he's not Brady Quinn, just various points in between.

Well said. Thanks for saying what I have been trying to say but, just don't have the patience to hammer out on a keyboard.

Than again you might put a Forty Niners uniform on Tom Brady and he would do better and make the talent that Kap now has to play with better . So there is two sides to it . I think Kap is not playing very good and I'm not to sure he is a starting qb going forward . But than again he might be with better talent around him .

The Oline was being pushed back every snap, sometimes back to back sacks. Seemed like someone was coming free on every drop back.

Then add Boldin with a Hammy that couldn't separate when a LB was covering. Simms said it all night, "nobody is open".

Sad to Vernon Davis on the down side...

Always love to hear Packer fans take on Kap, especially considering what he has done to their team.

3-1 vs GB with averages of 265-PaY 90-RuY & 2-TD's per game.

I'll take that all day, every day. These are averages....

HAHAHAHAHA! Glory Days! :music_guitarred:

I guess congrats on unleashing a gimmick on the Packers and the Packers and the rest of the league taking a little bit to figure out the gimmick...

....but they and everybody else did :doh:

But here's where we sit today

*Kaepernick 160 total passing yards (including a garbagetime long pass long after being dominated the whole game) 0 TDs, 1 INT, 3 TOTAL OFFENSIVE POINTS in getting embarrassed by the Pack at home

* Kaepernick now one of the sh!ttiest QBs in the league

* 49ers stuck paying Kaepernick $128 million to suck it up for now and the future because SF believed in the gimmick that's been exposed by the whole league

*SF got rid of their best QB in the last 2 decades because of the gimmick... He's not that good compared to Packer QBs, but he's the best they've had in ages.

* Packers currently 6-0, Super Bowl contenders every year and every year in the future... Have best quarterback in the universe

Have fun with Gimmick Guy and 3-13.... Maybe SF can be sh!tty for another decade to draft enough talent which you can completely ruin with a NEW GIMMICK GUY :doh:

Enjoy your VHS tapes and glory days! :lol:

You guys make me laugh.

I get this view point, but if you put Rodger or Brady on the Niners, and they are a MUCH better team. Their QB skills cannot be compared to Kaep's. Both QB get the ball out of their hands very quickly and very accurately. They can hide deficiencies in the offense with their skill sets.

Kaep takes too long to make his progressions and he has very poor accuracy. Yes, get him a better o-line and WRs and his numbers would be better, but that doesn't make him an above average QB. His football IQ is low, accuracy is bad, and he doesn't have any touch with the ball. When teams learned to get rid of the threat of his legs, he lost his NFL starting QB status.

You can put a team around him to win despite his mediocrity, but most likely he will be cut by the end of the year and become a backup on some team with no QB depth.

* 49ers stuck paying Kaepernick $128 million to suck it up for now and the future because SF believed in the gimmick that's been exposed by the whole league

Just kind of glanced through the dumbness of your post, you may want to educate yourself on this one though. This deal is very team friendly if they decide they want to move on.

When you spout this type of garbage it further proves my point that a large group of you, seemingly a majority of GB fans in this particular instance, are horribly ignorant when it comes to the intricacies of the NFL, the 49'ers, and just football in general.

I am actually embarrassed for you guys.

:dunno:

Just kind of glanced through the dumbness of your post, you may want to educate yourself on this one though. This deal is very team friendly if they decide they want to move on.

When you spout this type of garbage it further proves my point that a large group of you, seemingly a majority of GB fans in this particular instance, are horribly ignorant when it comes to the intricacies of the NFL, the 49'ers, and just football in general.

I am actually embarrassed for you guys.

:dunno:

You didn't evaluate my other points :lol:

I think those hit home too hard :(

You signed a sh!tty quarterback to a $126 million contract. How much he has gotten out of the contract and how much he will get is really rats a$$ for me....

Your franchise is screwed either way...

Enjoy your VHS tapes and watching the good football teams with the good quarterbacks play the rest of the way :banana:

ETA: and you didn't glance through my post... you read every word :pointstosky:

You didn't evaluate my other points :lol:

I think those hit home too hard :(

You signed a sh!tty quarterback to a $126 million contract. How much he has gotten out of the contract and how much he will get is really rats a$$ for me....

Your franchise is screwed either way...

Enjoy your VHS tapes and watching the good football teams with the good quarterbacks play the rest of the way :banana:

ETA: and you didn't glance through my post... you read every word :pointstosky:

I rest my case.

I get this view point, but if you put Rodger or Brady on the Niners, and they are a MUCH better team. Their QB skills cannot be compared to Kaep's. Both QB get the ball out of their hands very quickly and very accurately. They can hide deficiencies in the offense with their skill sets.

Kaep takes too long to make his progressions and he has very poor accuracy. Yes, get him a better o-line and WRs and his numbers would be better, but that doesn't make him an above average QB. His football IQ is low, accuracy is bad, and he doesn't have any touch with the ball. When teams learned to get rid of the threat of his legs, he lost his NFL starting QB status.

You can put a team around him to win despite his mediocrity, but most likely he will be cut by the end of the year and become a backup on some team with no QB depth.

I'm not trying to downplay Brady, at all. I can't stand the Pats but Brady is maybe the best QB I've seen. His quickness in decision making is beyond compare, but a LARGE part of it is the system he plays in with the Pats is PERFECTLY suited for his skill set. He would make just about any team better, but they won't be as good as New England is with him. He has years in Belicheat's system, that can't be downplayed.

He's always been a great runner and a horrible quarterback.

If he's not running, he's useless. Lot of contributing factors to limiting his ability to do so, but he's still yet to develop touch, the ability to read coverages, or go through progressions.

Trent Dilfer

Kap is better than Trent.

However, you don't have to be Rodgers to get a ring. Heck, Bradshaw wasn't that great a QB. But has rings and is in the HOF.

Problem in SF, has more to do with disfunction of that organization at the moment, and the years prior, than anything it does Kap.

Kap is just the easy fall guy. But when you don't have a Line, and you lose as much veteran talent. It would be hard for either Brady or Rodgers to look any better than Kap does in that hanous situation.

IMO, the league change in the preseason training has resulted in poor product on the field.

IMO, the league moving away from player development, has resulted in lack of depth at such levels one hasn't seen in a long while.

IMO, the league rosters sizes is in needing of being enlarged by about 5 guys.

IMO, the league needs to eliminate the Thursday night games.

IMO, if retailers keep trying to open on Turkey day, you might as well do away with the day off and that Thursday game as well.

Man that was hard to watch :lol: :cry:

They didn't cover either receiver. That is unreal. I'd imagine there are 25+ QBs out there that would have audibled out of that call with that coverage.

Esh.

They didn't cover either receiver. That is unreal. I'd imagine there are 25+ QBs out there that would have audibled out of that call with that coverage.

Esh.

To be fair, the cover guy at the top of the screen came down late. Play was almost happening by then. That receiver was covered mostly up to the snap.

The receiver jumping up and down at the bottom of the screen is another matter.

It isn't all his fault....but a lot of things are his fault.

The team asked for this though, forcing all the organization's talent out because of politics. I guess Baalke will have plenty to fix the next 5 years.

It isn't all his fault....but a lot of things are his fault.

The team asked for this though, forcing all the organization's talent out because of politics. I guess Baalke will have plenty to fix the next 5 years.

Sure, nothing is all anyone's fault. 11 guys on the offense, if only one guy was bad (even Kap-levels of bad), the rest could adjust. The O-line and running game could still come through, for example. I said it earlier, Kap was able to put up good numbers when he had an outstanding team surrounding him--the same team that was making Alex Smith look fantastic that year before he got hurt and they gave the job to Kap. But with that talent gone, as you say...

Kaep should be benched at this point.

Per Jason Cole (via Rotoworld), some of his teammates agree. And Tomsula-the-mic-rulah 'declined to endorse' Kap as the starter going forward.