Sign in to follow this  
joshvon1

How similar are your rosters and how are they working out?

I'm in 3 standard leagues . Two 10 team leagues, and one 12 team league.

I have 13 players that are the same in at least two leagues (Julio Jones and Latavius Murray in all three). Pretty close, right?

My record is (3-0), (1-2), and (1-2)

I've only been playing a couple years, but wondering if anyone takes that into consideration?

During drafts do you target different players in different leagues to increase your odds - For example, take Le'Veon Bell in League 1, even if he's still available take Jamaal Charles in League 2. (more diversity means one of your teams will outperform the others)

Or, do you just build the best team you can and if that means they all look the same, so be it?

Over-caffeinated morning and just curious.

I asked a similar question before the season started. Lets just take my 4 leagues that arent draft only

Dynasty 1 (2-1)

Bell

L Murray

JMatth

Luck

Cooks

TColeman

Dynasty 2 (3-0)

Bell

L Murray

Jmatth

D Johnson

Maclin

Eifert

Redraft 1 (1-2)

Bell

Cooks

Eifert

DJohnson

T Coleman

Maclin

Keeper 1 (3-0)

Bell

Luck

Jmatth

Cooks

T Coleman

So far so good, though i havent been scored a lot on. Bell in every league obviously. I stayed away from L Murray in redraft because my top two backs in all my leagues would have been Bell and Murray. I own a lot of DJohns stock not realizing he may end up the most underutilized rookie not due to injury. Cooks is hurting me and helped contribute to my 1-2 big money record.

Three 12 teamers, two H2H, one total points only (auction). The H2H teams are both 1-2, but one is 2nd in points, the other 5th. Points only league is also in 2nd. I have two shares of Eli, Ivory, L Murray and Matthews, everything else is split.

This is the first year I've joined more than 2 leagues in a season. I'm currently in 7 leagues total, 3 re-draft and 4 auction. Before the season started, I had only 1 player that was on more than 2 teams: Demarius Thomas on 3 teams. I haven't made any trades, but through the ww I also have Freeman on 3 teams (I drafted him in 2 leagues, dropped him in 1 league before his big game, but picked him up on 2 different teams). I have several players that are on 2 teams. I drafted this way intentionally to diversify the risk, but always avoided certain players.

When choosing who to start and sit, I try to diversify there as well. This is only for close decisions and not for no-brainers. For example: D. Thomas starts every week he plays on every team, but this week in one league I am forced to start Karlos Williams because McCoy is out and in another league I have a choice between Freeman and Williams. Since this to me is a close decision, I will start Freeman because I already have Williams starting in the other league.

My current records:

3-0

2-1

2-1

2-1

1-1-1 (first time I ever tied w/ fractional scoring)

1-2

0-3

Overall 11-9-1 which is about .500, but as you can see more than half (4/7) have winning records with only 2 below .500. So even though your overall results are average, you can still end up with more winning teams than losing teams assuming you do not draft terribly. If you consistently take the same players throughout, you're more likely to be 7-0 or 0-7 but even with this system my weekly records have been 1-6, 5-1-1, and 5-2. As time goes on, I hope to develop better strategies.