Sign in to follow this  
xxxdog

Stefon Diggs....the real deal

yeah but starks is scoring now, I think Lacy is done and starks will continue to be the man. I'm 3 and 3, don't have all day for long term speculative plays, plus there's too many mouths to feed there. Cmike is my speculation play atm. I don't trust arians to do the right thing. I also have yeldon on my bench. I always go with the volume guys. Yeldon is guaranteed the touches when he's healthy, so is starks as long as lacy is fat and gimped.

Ok. Im not going to argue with the logic. I think Starks is really hit or miss unless Lacy is really hurt. I think Djohns ceiling is higher overall. 3-3 isnt a bad record to have right now. If Djohns becomes the feature back this week you will be the first to curse this move. But it seems a lot of times when i take a strong stance the exact opposite happens. Its probably a 50 50 toss up as to who is more valuable ROS

Per rotoworld:

Stefon Diggs ran as the Vikings' No. 4 receiver, behind Charles Johnson, at practice Thursday.

In the same drills Wednesday, Diggs was with the starters, ahead of Johnson. The coaching staff flipped the script Thursday with Johnson returning to form from a ribs injury, and OC Norv Turner cautioned outsiders to "slow down" before anointing the rookie a starter. "He's got a lot of work to do," Turner said. "He had an opportunity because of injury, he came in and made the most of it." With that injured player back, Diggs could be headed back to a sub-package role. Oct 23 - 11:13 AM

<_<

• Like 1

How much truth is there to this bs vs coach speak. I can't imagine the offense looking better and Teddy loving a guy they drafted and then you take him out of his rhythm by reducing him to 3 WR sets. Think it's just motivation?

How much truth is there to this bs vs coach speak. I can't imagine the offense looking better and Teddy loving a guy they drafted and then you take him out of his rhythm by reducing him to 3 WR sets. Think it's just motivation?

My thoughts exactly....norv had many chances to simply say this...as recently as yesterday diggs ran as the 2... I think it's a smokescreen to throw Detroit off their game planning.

Yeah, because Charles was doing so much better. I hope it's smokescreen coach speak, but I won't be surprised if they roll Johnson out there as the #2.

Stefon Diggs was back running with the first-team offense in three-wide sets at Friday's practice.

The media could only view the first few minutes of practice, so take it for what it's worth. But after running with the ones on Wednesday, then getting demoted to the twos Thursday, Diggs was back with the starters Friday, along with Mike Wallace and Jarius Wright, ahead of 2015 disappointment Charles Johnson. Coach Mike Zimmer has refused to say who will start against the Lions, leaving owners on their own to figure it out. Diggs is a high-risk, high-reward WR3 play. Oct 23 - 12:37 PM

:dunno:

Have a hard time believing Diggs won't be out there getting a lot of run. Coaches are weird sometimes though.

I think there is something to what Turner said , he is a old school coach and the old school way is that a player does not lose his job because of a injury . Now C Johnson like some of us thought this past summer was way over rated was not putting up any numbers Before he was hurt , I still think there is more to what Truner is saying then just cheap coach talk .

Kids gonna be a beast. He's breaking guys like Talib off to the point any QB can get him the ball he's so open. His route a crisp, he's very quick in and out of his breaks. Kids a young Brown. I think Dion Lewis and this Kid will be the waiver Gems this year.

Kids gonna be a beast. He's breaking guys like Talib off to the point any QB can get him the ball he's so open. His route a crisp, he's very quick in and out of his breaks. Kids a young Brown. I think Dion Lewis and this Kid will be the waiver Gems this year.

He did look good the second game. I am still skeptical of lofty comparisons like Brown, but he has potential. I dont trust the Vikings coaching staff so i expect mediocre Charles Johnson to be trotted out there.

Every QB has a nookie blankie. Typically these guys are the TE. Someone that can take the heat off quick when the heat comes through the lines.

It appears, at present, Diggs has a good relationship with Teddy,

But Teddy at the moment, in my leagues scoring system is #30.

While someone must get the ball, and it appears this someone now is Diggs.

there is still cause to be cautious when placing too much optimism on Diggs.

Especially around rabid Vikings fans that are constantly trolling for the next Carter, Moss, Harvin to emerge

Could Diggs be it, sure. But don't plan your HOF weekend just yet.

All one has to do is look as Patterson. Had great stats as a Rookie. As a returner. He hasn't developed as a WR, and as a returner tends not to be challenged. More over he is the #6 wr at this point if all are healthy.

Damn, I wish they could trade Patterson for some O line men.

So yes, jump on that ride and hope it takes you as far as it can go.

just don't be delusional about it.

I hope Vikings brain trust don't have a brain fart.

Every QB has a nookie blankie. Typically these guys are the TE. Someone that can take the heat off quick when the heat comes through the lines.

It appears, at present, Diggs has a good relationship with Teddy,

But Teddy at the moment, in my leagues scoring system is #30.

While someone must get the ball, and it appears this someone now is Diggs.

there is still cause to be cautious when placing too much optimism on Diggs.

Especially around rabid Vikings fans that are constantly trolling for the next Carter, Moss, Harvin to emerge

Could Diggs be it, sure. But don't plan your HOF weekend just yet.

All one has to do is look as Patterson. Had great stats as a Rookie. As a returner. He hasn't developed as a WR, and as a returner tends not to be challenged. More over he is the #6 wr at this point if all are healthy.

Damn, I wish they could trade Patterson for some O line men.

So yes, jump on that ride and hope it takes you as far as it can go.

just don't be delusional about it.

Charles Johnson is more of a comparison to Patterson. Diggs is on another planet I see him being consistent. Hes too good to be put aside and plus defenses will be focused on Mike Wallace.

Charles Johnson is more of a comparison to Patterson. Diggs is on another planet I see him being consistent. Hes too good to be put aside and plus defenses will be focused on Mike Wallace.

He can't be consistent on a team that is so inconsistent and a Qb that is underachieving . I think it's coaching so let's not talk about how anyone is going to do next summer because it's Norv Turners system . It stinks .

Hes polished, veteran cornerback Terence Newman said. Runs good routes. Quick as a hiccup. Very smooth. When I first got here I was like, Hey, who is this kid? I was impressed with him from Day 1."

If he keeps his head on straight and keeps doing what hes doing, hell be one to watch. Potential Hall of Famer, down the road.

Fellow veteran corner Captain Munnerlyn nodded emphatically. Hes so special, Munnerlyn said. Hes one of the most polished receivers Ive ever seen come out of college. Im glad he dropped into our hands. I feel like we got the steal of the draft. Great routes, great hands, works hard, great attitude.

NFL defensive backs are the foremost finger-waggers and trash-talkers in pro sports. They know they may never get to celebrate in an end zone, so they act out all over the field. They are the last people to give credit to a young receiver, unless they believe that guy can help them win.

Diggs is one of those guys, cornerback Trae Waynes said, who if youre going half-speed, hes still going 100 percent.

You never know how things are going to go on Sundays, but day in and day out, thats what weve been seeing, said safety Harrison Smith. Hes an explosive player with great hands, but for me whats most impressive is his understanding of the game. He knows how to get that good separation. Hes incredibly well-rounded for such a young player.

Hes really crafty, really smooth on his routes, runs tremendous routes, cornerback Xavier Rhodes said. Hes going to be a great receiver.

Adrian Peterson called Diggs a game-changer, noting that Diggs hands are almost as big as Petersons famously powerful bear claws.

The Vikings have been looking for a star receiver since they traded Randy Moss in 2005. Since then they have tried out Troy Williamson, Bernard Berrian, Marcus Robinson, Travis Taylor, Sidney Rice, Bobby Wade, Percy Harvin, Jerome Simpson, Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson, Charles Johnson and Mike Wallace as potential No. 1s. In two games, Diggs has indicated he might be the one.

But it's been quite some time since the Vikings were reserved in their opinions of Diggs. Quarterbacks coach Scott Turner -- who recruited Diggs when he was at the University of Pittsburgh -- badgered receivers coach George Stewart for months about Diggs before the 2015 draft. Stewart said in training camp that Diggs was more athletic than Percy Harvin.

The rumor Stewart heard about Diggs during his first night at the Vikings' rookie camp -- that the Maryland product was running routes on his own, in the dark, long after practice -- already is part of the receiver's origin story. So is the toughness Diggs displayed while playing with a lacerated kidney last November against Penn State. And already, Diggs talks about insights he gleans from film study like a veteran receiver.

Take the 16-yard catch Diggs made to extend the Vikings' first drive on Sunday. With Marcus Peters playing off coverage, Diggs had seen on film he could set the first-round pick up by stemming to the inside before breaking toward the sideline and turning Peters around. Diggs freed himself from Peters, leaped to catch Bridgewater's pass, tapped his toes on the sideline and stepped out of bounds with a first down.

If you bought into Diggs playing as a reserve behind Johnson, very foolish, the kid is easily the top receiver among all Vikings WR's, possible one of top 3 receivers in the 2015 draft when all is said and done....If you were FF -smart he was one of the top claims in free agency this season....if you have not seen him play with his sharp cuts and elusive quickness, might be the only reason a FF-owner is not high on him.

If you bought into Diggs playing as a reserve behind Johnson, very foolish, the kid is easily the top receiver among all Vikings WR's, possible one of top 3 receivers in the 2015 draft when all is said and done....If you were FF -smart he was one of the top claims in free agency this season....if you have not seen him play with his sharp cuts and elusive quickness, might be the only reason a FF-owner is not high on him.

It's easy to post this AFTER the Vikes state he's a starter now.

I believe Facebook will be huge.

I'm concerned he is getting maybe too much love and recognition this early. I hate to get opponents fired up to stop him like they have been against Odell this year. But, I do own him and plan on playing him real soon.

It's easy to post this AFTER the Vikes state he's a starter now.

I believe Facebook will be huge.

OH Really..........I started this post almost a week ago in regards to his overall ability.., picked him up two weeks ago in 4-leagues.....I started him in all four leagues as of Friday night when nothing was announced....what the ### are you talking about, I'm guessing he was not on your waiver agenda....

Like I said this years OBJ.

I got laughed at by some friends for suggesting this but there's good reason to make the comparison. While it's almost impossible that Diggs puts up OBJ numbers, their impact could be similar. Let's compare parallels shall we?

Talented rookie who didn't begin the season as starter but is making plays now? Yup, both.

A known no.1 wr ahead of him? Yes, Wallace and Cruz.

QB with serious question marks casting doubt on his upside? Yup, we know Teddy hasn't been on fire but surely Eli doesn't fit this bill right? Well, look at Eli, last year he was coming off one of his most horrible seasons and was on no ones draft list.

I'm concerned he is getting maybe too much love and recognition this early. I hate to get opponents fired up to stop him like they have been against Odell this year. But, I do own him and plan on playing him real soon.

One thing to keep in mind, OBJ doesn't have Peterson in the backfield. Teams can afford to double/triple cover OBJ because they aren't worried about the run.

The Vikings' offense still goes through the run game.

Benched Matthews with the Eagles on two teams and started Diggs . Thank you Jesus .

Peterson only helps Diggs. Now u can't put a safety over the top of him. The guy runs some of the best routes I've seen outside of Cooper and OBJ. When you run routes and get that open like the TD he had where he was super open it was the route he ran that got him so open even I can make that throw. Kids gonna excel and be a beast all year. I'm just glad he's on my team.

OH Really..........I started this post almost a week ago in regards to his overall ability.., picked him up two weeks ago in 4-leagues.....I started him in all four leagues as of Friday night when nothing was announced....what the ### are you talking about, I'm guessing he was not on your waiver agenda....

First off.....don't get your panties in a bunch.

You made your post that I quoted when people were reacting to Norv's comments about not starting a rookie. We all know coaches don't always do what should be obvious. That's why I posted what I did.

Second....I did grab him where I could last week and started him. :banana:

I got him in both my leagues at the start of the week last week. I ended up starting him in place of maclin and I am happy with the results. He could be trade bait or a number 3 wr.

I got him in both my leagues at the start of the week last week. I ended up starting him in place of maclin and I am happy with the results. He could be trade bait or a number 3 wr.

Same here, picked him up Saturday and played him over Maclin as well and will probably keep this up. Maclin has been a real disappointment.

Same here, picked him up Saturday and played him over Maclin as well and will probably keep this up. Maclin has been a real disappointment.

I am not sure what league you are playing in but maclin has been a wr1 in my league.

Maclin has had 2 good weeks. If it isn't PPR hes been mediocre most of the year.

Diggs has been money! You can bet when he finally has an off week the doubters will be in here yappin tho. lol

I started him over maclin. Did Diggs start over Maclin in every league?