Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

Brandon LaFell

Kahlil Bell. 2011. I added him the week before and won my fantasy championship. This is spooky.

That said, you're right and I shouldn't have spoke in absolutes. Rarely will someone make the playoffs with hit or miss players. Catching lighting in a bottle in the playoffs is absolutely critical.

He adds a different dynamic to the Pats offense (a wr who can go out for the long ball not named gronk), but I think the pats excel best when they chip away constantly with the short game anyway. They looked much better when Brady was focusing more on Amendola than lafell. Lewis coming back just adds another option. Lafrll will have 2-3 big games, but I don't think he will be what he was last year. Just my hunch - we shall see.

Brady isn't going to lose trust in Lafell because of drops in his first game back. He played with him all last year and the guy only had 4 drops. Brady throws to the open man. Period.

I was bummed Lafell stunk, and I hope this doesn't affect Toms trust in him. Amedola has been hot of late.

i think LaFell is going to be the man. I know he dropped basically a season's worth of balls in a day, but he'll bring it back. Brady has faith in him. if anything buy low on the guy. I may try to trade for him..

He adds a different dynamic to the Pats offense (a wr who can go out for the long ball not named gronk), but I think the pats excel best when they chip away constantly with the short game anyway. They looked much better when Brady was focusing more on Amendola than lafell. Lewis coming back just adds another option. Lafrll will have 2-3 big games, but I don't think he will be what he was last year. Just my hunch - we shall see.

Got 'em a super bowl last year with LaFell in there :dunno:

Got 'em a super bowl last year with LaFell in there :dunno:

And? Amendola is playing at a different level as last year and is much more reliable right now. Lafell will have his games, but as someone said, Brady will throw to the open guy. Some weeks that will be Edelman, some it will be Amendola, some it will be Lewis and some it will be Lafell. All it will be Gronk... lots of mouths to feed and Lewis and Amendola will take away from Edelman and Lafell, not Gronk. Someone has to lose some ground there. In other words, my opinion has very little to do the the drops.

And? Amendola is playing at a different level as last year and is much more reliable right now. Lafell will have his games, but as someone said, Brady will throw to the open guy. Some weeks that will be Edelman, some it will be Amendola, some it will be Lewis and some it will be Lafell. All it will be Gronk... lots of mouths to feed and Lewis and Amendola will take away from Edelman and Lafell, not Gronk. Someone has to lose some ground there. In other words, my opinion has very little to do the the drops.

So Gronk then is the guy to own week to week then going forward , and I agree , no one else is really worth more than a flex play on that team week to week , like you said to many body's not enough to footballs .

So Gronk then is the guy to own week to week then going forward , and I agree , no one else is really worth more than a flex play on that team week to week , like you said to many body's not enough to footballs .

You're insane mate. Dion Lewis is a lower end RB 2 PPR and Edelman is a borderline WR1/WR2 PPR week in and week out.

You're insane mate. Dion Lewis is a lower end RB 2 PPR and Edelman is a borderline WR1/WR2 PPR week in and week out.

Agreed. Lewis is still a rb2 in ppr. I think Edelman could shift to a wr2 even in ppr.if Amendola keeps it up and labels plays more of a role. Amendola and Lafell are.both flex plays but will probably be inconsistent, especially lafell.

Yes they do. Come on. I lost a championship game because the Bears 3rd or 4th string rb, Bell or whatever his last name was, was picked up and played against me. I knew he was going to get a million dump passes and it came true. Some random scrub started for just the championship game. I would have won had i had better waiver priority.

I just made what I hope will be my last ww request of the regular season because of what you mentioned, and it was for McFadden which deemed worth it. As long as I don't get any significant injuries I'll sit on my actual waiver claims for the rest of the season and try to work my way up toward the top spot, just so I can spending it on a situation like that.

Anyone starting him tonight?

In a PPR league i have LaFell im starting

WR-Mike Evans

WR-Brandin Cooks

FLEX-James Jones

I really want to start LaFell over Jones but with GB playing in the Sunday Night game i think im sticking with him.

Who are people starting LaFell over?

I only have 3 WRs in one league, and have to start 2: Maclin, LaFell and Dez.

I gotta think I'll go Bryant - if I knew he was starting, even against SEA. More decisions...

I'll make a gentleman's wager that Woods outscores LaFell the rest of the way PPR.

The former is owned in 4% of leagues, the latter in over 60% (but started in 14% – some faith there...)

Deal. Loser has to write and post a haiku about their lack of foresight.

That's not a 'gentleman's wager'. That's also more than I care to wager on this. How about the winner pats himself on the back or buys himself a drink, something like that.....

That's not a 'gentleman's wager'. That's also more than I care to wager on this. How about the winner pats himself on the back or buys himself a drink, something like that.....

Deal. I always think of gentlemen's wagers as respect+fun.

he is what i thought he would be (and was shot down by a few lafell owners in another thread)...just another cog in the machine firmly behind gronk, edleman, and lewis. might catch a long bomb every few games but generally won't be counted on week to week with way more reliable options available for tom.

Edelman w/ a 27 and Lewis with a 23 in PPR to match Gronk's 23. Brady handed out about 100pts tonight PPR. Clearly not enough footballs.

Edelman w/ a 27 and Lewis with a 23 in PPR to match Gronk's 23. Brady handed out about 100pts tonight PPR. Clearly not enough footballs.

They could fit more footballs in the bag when they were deflated a little.

I agree with you , week to week Gronk is the guy to own .

I agree with you , week to week Gronk is the guy to own .

Julian Edelman has more points than Gronk in PPR leagues

Edelman is tied with the most receiving TD's in the NFL among WR's

He has the 4th most receptions among WRs

He has the 9th most receiving yards among WRs

WPIAFP

• Like 1

WPIAFP

Edelman also has more Red Zone targets and touches then Gronk and twice as many goal to go touches. Before Gronk's 7 RZ targets last week (he only had 1 TD) it wasn't even close. Edelman is easily a top WR2 every week in all formats and a clear WR1 in PPR.

Lafell got some looks last night and at least he came close to crossing the paint. He's in WR4 territory and flirting with WR3 in just his 2nd week back.

Wat? He had 4 catches for 47 yards, that's not WR anything unless you are in a 20 team league.

I'm glad I cut him. Too many fishes in that sea.

• Like 1

WPIAFP

I completely missed the boat on Edelman. :wall:

So the consensus would be, in light of Keenan Allen's trip to the IR, that I can without haste drop LaFell for Stevie Johnson?

Seems wise.. but keep waffling.

Wat? He had 4 catches for 47 yards, that's not WR anything unless you are in a 20 team league.

it takes more than a couple weeks to get back to football shape, I would hold onto him. Upside is there! :thumbsup: :first:

Wanted to hold onto him, but dropped him for Aiken. Shallow bench, and would rather have the #1 receiver on another Team. Im sure he will go off this week.

• Like 1

Wanted to hold onto him, but dropped him for Aiken. Shallow bench, and would rather have the #1 receiver on another Team. Im sure he will go off this week.

Sound logic.

Yes they do. Come on. I lost a championship game because the Bears 3rd or 4th string rb, Bell or whatever his last name was, was picked up and played against me. I knew he was going to get a million dump passes and it came true. Some random scrub started for just the championship game. I would have won had i had better waiver priority.

Ron Freaking Dayne won me a title one year.

Ron Freaking Dayne won me a title one year.

You need to update the 'Things Running Backs from Wisconsin Have Accomplished After College' Wiki page ASAP. With the addition of this entry it will now have two things – the other being wire fraud.