Sign in to follow this  
Citikid18

2016 version Josh Gordon

What value does Gordon have for next season? He is obviously on our wire and with my soon to be 2-7 record and a team riddled with injury's, it's time to look to next year. We have a 4 keeper rule so looking to add some options for next year. Gordon has been quiet in the news so thinking maybe he's straightened out a bit and may return to his rookie form. Dudes got talent. Any thoughts on his 2016 potential output?

Is he still a Brown?

He looked horrible last year when he came back.

Next year will prove that Gordon is the latest in a long line of one-hit wonders. We've already seen his best; look elsewhere.

He is still with the browns, and I doubt they will do him a favor by trading him. Doubtful patriots would take on someone like that now after the hernandez incident.

A lot of if this and that's. If he finally saw the light and was in great shape with a real QB that wasn't in Cleveland. I cant help but think giving defenses a choice between Dez Bryant or him. I think when he came back to Cleveland it was more him not in shape and poor QB. He had some flash but was gassed right away.

I've bought or picked him up in any dynasty/keeper league where I'm looking at a rebuild. Cheap, talented and easily better than the end of bench fodder I dropped to get him.

• Like 1

I'd rather burn a roster spot on Kevin White than Gordon. NFL is a young man's game. Or a YOUNGER man's game lol... I couldn't trust Josh anyway.

I'd rather burn a roster spot on Kevin White than Gordon. NFL is a young man's game. Or a YOUNGER man's game lol... I couldn't trust Josh anyway.

Until the preseason hype becomes he found God and looks like Antonio Bryant.

I saw a recent picture of Gordon standing on some mountain top or something like that, and he looked like T.O. in his no body fat form.. He seemed to be in spectacular shape and I think he could come right in and be great again.. Problem is unfortunately the Browns are dumpster fire organization from top on down and who knows who the coach/qb/gm will be next year so it clouds his outlook...

He is still with the browns, and I doubt they will do him a favor by trading him. Doubtful patriots would take on someone like that now after the hernandez incident.

Gordon doesn't have anything like the problems Hernandez had, unless I've missed some news. Addiction problems aren't like killing someone and gang crap. Hoodie seems to be good at whipping people into form, Hernandez being an outlier.

Gordon doesn't have anything like the problems Hernandez had, unless I've missed some news. Addiction problems aren't like killing someone and gang crap. Hoodie seems to be good at whipping people into form, Hernandez being an outlier.

He would be just another warm body in new England that everyone would be warm and fuzzy over

I agree, it didn't stop them from resigning Blount.

The funny thing is, I dont think hes an addict. I didnt see reports of him going out every night etc. etc.

I think its more like he's an idiot who behaves stupidly when he's had a few drinks in him and when he does have a couple drinks its hard for people not to notice because he is so stupid when he does it.

There are lots of people like that out there. I have friends who drink once or twice a year and are stupid like that. That doesnt make them addicts. it just means they're stupid when they drink.

I'm sure hes on his best behaviour right now. Whether he gets his head screwed on straight is another matter.

The funny thing is, I dont think hes an addict. I didnt see reports of him going out every night etc. etc.

I think its more like he's an idiot who behaves stupidly when he's had a few drinks in him and when he does have a couple drinks its hard for people not to notice because he is so stupid when he does it.

There are lots of people like that out there. I have friends who drink once or twice a year and are stupid like that. That doesnt make them addicts. it just means they're stupid when they drink.

I'm sure hes on his best behaviour right now. Whether he gets his head screwed on straight is another matter.

Fair enough. I just tend to assume that when a guy multiple times can't put aside recreational substances for millions of dollars, again multiple times, after severe warnings, that there's an addiction issue.

Anyone who says a clean and dedicated Gordon, who will be 25 next year, doesn't have a chance to be a top 10 wide receiver has either never seen him play or is bat sh!t crazy.

The question is whether or not he will be clean and dedicated. Recent reports look good. Obviously, though, no one knows what he'll do between now and then.

Despite the risk, he is worth adding as one of four keepers without question.

Anyone who says a clean and dedicated Gordon, who will be 25 next year, doesn't have a chance to be a top 10 wide receiver has either never seen him play or is bat sh!t crazy.

The question is whether or not he will be clean and dedicated. Recent reports look good. Obviously, though, no one knows what he'll do between now and then.

You are the crazy one. You don't just sit out for 2 years and then come back and dominate the nfl. Dude is done.

He's definitely low cost, for sure. And man, when he was on two years ago...uncoverable, like three years ago Megatron uncoverable. There is a chance, and it's a tempting proposition for a team that's light on WR.

You are the crazy one. You don't just sit out for 2 years and then come back and dominate the nfl. Dude is done.

I think you are the 1 that missed a few key words.

1) Age-25

2)Dedicated and clean

3)Next year

A speedster that is well aware of where he needs to be at young age of 25 with a full pre-season and has been there before. Were not talking Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith who are padding there stats instead of knowing when to say when. If he stayed in Cleveland they would be smart averaging 15 attempts a game his way. If they traded there rights then ill take him in Dallas with 10 opposite of Dez. He goes to New England or Green Bay then his value isn't as good. All sorts of ways you can take fantasy but sitting on a mountain top broke and nobody caring at 25 can create a Chris Carter.

1) Age-25

2)Dedicated and clean

3)Next year

A speedster that is well aware of where he needs to be at young age of 25 with a full pre-season and has been there before. Were not talking Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith who are padding there stats instead of knowing when to say when. If he stayed in Cleveland they would be smart averaging 15 attempts a game his way. If they traded there rights then ill take him in Dallas with 10 opposite of Dez. He goes to New England or Green Bay then his value isn't as good. All sorts of ways you can take fantasy but sitting on a mountain top broke and nobody caring at 25 can create a Chris Carter.

Agreed. Gordon coming back with [insert team name] is good for 5/75 per game easily. If he's managed to maintain, or recover, a mental edge, bump that up. If he gets in a vertical offense, bump that up. He!l, picture him in Cleveland this year, as you say, with McCown airing it out like he's been, Barnidge drawing attention underneath? I'd take that. He's not a true speedster (although he's not slow), he's big and strong, but not massive. 6'3", 225, at one point ran a 4.4 in the 40 (coming out of high school, 4.52 out of college), 10'2" broad jump. That's Mike Evans/Jordan Matthews sort of measurables, very similar to Evans. Back to back 200 yard receiving games (only player to ever do that).

In other words, WR1 territory, by measurables and past performance. If he gets his head straight, he'll do fine.

1) Age-25

2)Dedicated and clean

3)Next year

Dude's done.

Dude's done.

Wow, when you put it that way, it really makes sense. It didn't hit me the same way the first time you wrote it. I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

I changed my mind. Dude's done, man. Bank it.

• Like 1

Wow, when you put it that way, it really makes sense. It didn't hit me the same way the first time you wrote it. I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

I changed my mind. Dude's done, man. Bank it.

Ok. He might not be done, but the josh that destroyed the league a few years ago is never coming back. I'm 100% sure about that. He will never even come close to that level of play.