Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Well this is a first.

I quite literally had every single player on my team score less than their projection. EVERY ONE. In a game that turned out to be very winnable not one of my players could manage anything. At all. It is like a joke.. One that is not very focking funny.

Yeah it's been a great fantasy football season . I've enjoyed putting in the time to rebuild every week . But it's been fun and enjoyed the season to the fullest .

I think it's been a bit of an oddball week.

in my league the top 3 teams all lost (or are in serious danger of losing) and the bottom 3 teams all won.

The ebbs and flows have all led my 3 teams to each be 5-6 after 5-3 starts. 1 game back of the playoffs in all of them.

I quite literally had every single player on my team score less than their projection. EVERY ONE. In a game that turned out to be very winnable not one of my players could manage anything. At all. It is like a joke.. One that is not very focking funny.

What projections? Who's and do they have the ability to predict the future, I would love that. I could win so many games.

What projections? Who's and do they have the ability to predict the future, I would love that. I could win so many games.

Projections are made by the same guys who say dont start Doug Martin because the Eagles have been tough vs the run.

It's inconceivable but never have I seen a full 16 player roster outscored by a 6 person bench! :dunno: And one bench player even had negative points!!! :bench:

Player Proj Fan Pts D. Carr Oak - QB 25.19 6.43

QB

M. Crabtree Oak - WR 12.33 5

WR

A. Hurns Jax - WR 8.72 1.9

WR

D. Inman SD - WR 6.23 5.1

WR

D. Murray Phi - RB ð~ 16.43 7.1

RB

D. Freeman Atl - RB 20.2 4.3

RB

J. Graham Sea - TE 8.01 3.9

TE

R. Rodgers GB - TE 5.88 0.7

W/R/T

C. Catanzaro Ari - K 8.67 10

K

P. Worrilow Atl - LB ð~ 7.18 13.1

D

S. Tulloch Det - LB 5.49 2.5

D

P. Posluszny Jax - LB 9.44 7

LB

M. Brockers StL - DT 1.93 3

DT

C. Dunlap Cin - DE ð~ 5.63 1

DE

B. Maxwell Phi - CB 6.94 3.5

CB

E. Weddle SD - S 8.09 2.5

S

156.36 77.03

TOTAL

Player Proj Fan Pts C. Anderson Den - RB ð~ 6.44 7.2

BN

A. Boldin SF - WR 7.24 9.3

BN

C. Spiller NO - RB ð~

BN

D. Harris NYG - WR

BN

M. Stafford Det - QB 21.19 18.5

BN

J. Allen Bal - RB 4.75 11.5

BN

T. Rawls Sea - RB 12.79 37.5

BN

D. Cobb Ten - RB 2.5 -0.3

BN

L. Collins NYG - S

BN

C. Jordan NO - DE

BN

S. Anthony NO - LB

BN

TOTAL

Projections are made by the same guys who say dont start Doug Martin because the Eagles have been tough vs the run.

In my 4 leagues (one has 2 player pools), all 5 Doug Martin owners started Doug Martin.

It was a bad week for FF in general I think. I was the only team to score over 100 (team decided to make up for sh!ting the bed last week).

With Carr and Blockhead dud performances if LaFell somehow gets a couple TDs I could win. That's how bad this week is

I almost matched you there. Rivers/AJ Green/Hurns/Ivory/L Murray/Bryant with Walker breaking the trend. Lost to a team starting Fitzpatrick/Woods/Blue/McCluster and dropped to 4-7. Top 2 in total points for 10 weeks, pretty much out of the playoffs now.

In my 4 leagues (one has 2 player pools), all 5 Doug Martin owners started Doug Martin.

Ok. I did too, what's your point? He was still poo pooed by trend monkeys like Fabiano.

I know if Yahoo's projections in my fantasy league were correct, I'd have lost every single game in my work league Where I am 8-3.

in the end, you can look at those projections, and sometimes they help you out, but most often, I look and I adjust using my own knowledge to figure out who to start. I find that those projections are based on stats that may or may not be relevant to your game.

for example: if a player has been injured and hasnt started (but still played) in a handful of games, and his production was affected by said injury, Yahoo will give him a low projection when, in fact, it may be appropriate to do the opposite due to matchup, good health and the fact he is starting.

anyhow, in the end there are only 3 rules in fantasy football:

1) know the rules inside and out so you can make the best decisions.

2) do your research so you know how to make those good decisions.

3) you are right. Everyone else is wrong. Projections dont matter. It's end results that count.