Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Denard Robinson - aka Shoelace

There seems to be one every year, and it looks like Robinson better tie up his shoelaces and grab a helmet after Yeldon went out with knee/ankle injuries.

Of course, we will have to see about the severity of Yeldon's injuries, but Robinson came in and rushed for 75 yards and a TD, while adding a 12 yard reception.

With Gerhart and Pierce both on the shelf (IR), he will have every opportunity to shine in a much improved offense. Defenses have to respect the pass with ARob, Hurns, and Thomas all healthy. This week he gets the Atlanta, which have given up the 2nd most TD's to RB's in the league, and next week against the Saints, which we know can be gashed.

A lot of people will chasing DuJuan Harris and/or Freddy Jackson.....but Shoelace could be the better add.

• Like 1

Agree he might just be the better player to add .

I added shoelaces last week along with Hightower, herron, fjax, and turbin to cover myself in case Rawls got injured yesterday and someone else's rb went down..

Lo and behold Rawls did of course and now I have to decide which one of these doods is the least drastic drop of from Rawls...

Have Demarco murray collecting dust on my bench where he will stay...

Also have Draughn but he is kind of off limits playing vs cincy...

I also have Ivory who is the wild card here and could be great or could be horrific to use..

I'm deciding between Ivory, Shoelaces, and Hightower and whichever one seems most likely to do well is who I will have to cross my fingers and roll with..

I'm thinking about picking him up and playing him over Darren McFadden next week since he plays jets nasty run d. I have already made the decision that I'm starting Hightower over Woodhead next week. Crazy how my running backs have turned out with all the injuries :(.

I'm thinking about picking him up and playing him over Darren McFadden next week since he plays jets nasty run d. I have already made the decision that I'm starting Hightower over Woodhead next week. Crazy how my running backs have turned out with all the injuries :(.

It's not just you that includes the majority of FF players out there. I'm also trying to figure out who's the better start between Shoelace and Hightower but right now I'm leaning Robinson mainly based on schedule the next two games.

Its just shoelace.

Okay....but he does have 2 of them. :music_guitarred:

I added shoelaces last week along with Hightower, herron, fjax, and turbin to cover myself in case Rawls got injured yesterday and someone else's rb went down..

Lo and behold Rawls did of course and now I have to decide which one of these doods is the least drastic drop of from Rawls...

Have Demarco murray collecting dust on my bench where he will stay...

Also have Draughn but he is kind of off limits playing vs cincy...

I also have Ivory who is the wild card here and could be great or could be horrific to use..

I'm deciding between Ivory, Shoelaces, and Hightower and whichever one seems most likely to do well is who I will have to cross my fingers and roll with..

Do you have a 15 person bench?

As mentioned, it is "shoelace" as a singular.

Shoelace better tie his jockstrap on and get some in the 2nd half.

I made the wrong call starting him over Hightower. Oh well, it happens. And to think it is pretty easy to run against the Falcons defense. Don't tell Robinson that.

Robinson got me 15 in my PPR league, 2 above his forecast so i can't complain. Started L. Murray instead of Hightower which i will most likely be able to complain about.

I still think Hightower falls flat on his face. Even the great mark Ingram had a bunch of "off' games when he was starting.

I'm not in PPR so robinsons catches aren't points, just yards. I don't think he will do much this week on a bad foot even though matchup looks promising. Very hard to trust in a championship game.

I'm not in PPR so robinsons catches aren't points, just yards. I don't think he will do much this week on a bad foot even though matchup looks promising. Very hard to trust in a championship game.

But it's the Saints. I could get to 100 yards on a bad foot against that defense.

Well, here we go again. Shoelace says he is fine and is listed as probable. Yeldon is still in a knee brace today (Wed.).

Playing against a potentially Bree-less Saints team that is woeful against the run. In fact, gave up 3 TD's to Lion RB's last week.

I might have to trot him out one last time.

Well, here we go again. Shoelace says he is fine and is listed as probable. Yeldon is still in a knee brace today (Wed.).

Playing against a potentially Bree-less Saints team that is woeful against the run. In fact, gave up 3 TD's to Lion RB's last week.

I might have to trot him out one last time.

Ugh! I don't know how anyone, including me, could trust him after the egg he laid last week? Of course, my other option is Latavious Murray, and he hasn't been doing much either, so maybe it's a toss up.

But it's the Saints. I could get to 100 yards on a bad foot against that defense.

Week 13, Jstew had 82 yards on 22 carries.

Week 14, Martin had 81 yards on 11 carries.

Week 15, both Bell and Abdullah had about 70 yards each (combined, yes, over 100).