Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Please Explain Succession

I have an appointment with the attorney and want to look like I know what he's talking about. TIA.

So when a king dies, succession is the process by which the next King is chosen.

I'm thinking when a Buddy Holly impersonator dies, it's how the town drunk and his other remaining relatives split up his stuff.

You're sure it's not a "suck session"?

He already said there's a lawyer involved. Pay attention.

Its when Edjr gets suspended then cries about it and doesnt come back in protest and some other jerk takes his place as lead clown.

Its when Edjr gets suspended then cries about it and doesnt come back in protest and some other jerk takes his place as lead clown.

I'm trying my best but edjr had some mighty big shoes to fill

You're sure it's not a "suck session"?

Beat me to it....

Sounds like someone was executor of an estate, the dead or cant locate, so it falls to you, if you were next on list. I could be wrong. Depends what state

I'm trying my best but edjr had some mighty big shoes to fill

The clown shoes are designed to be super huge and are much bigger than the clown's feet. You'll get use to them eventually.

So what was it?

Don't know. Outstanding debts that I may incur and all that. It's pretty Fawking complicated. I may be untitled to some worth. Blah blah blah.

My $250 an hour attorney is on it. Figured I'd save a bit here. Play on.

Bunny, I would try to help. Unfortunately you live in Louisiana, which is a legal world unto itself.

I would hazard to guess you mean intestate succession. This is when someone dies without a will and their estate (net of debts) passes to a relative in the chain of consanguinity as laid out by statute. Generally, a spouse gets first cut, then children, then siblings.

Hth

Bunny, I would try to help. Unfortunately you live in Louisiana, which is a legal world unto itself.

I would hazard to guess you mean intestate succession. This is when someone dies without a will and their estate (net of debts) passes to a relative in the chain of consanguinity as laid out by statute. Generally, a spouse gets first cut, then children, then siblings.

Hth

Yea I looked into this cuz I have a 75yr old dad whos too stubborn to write a will. Im not legally his son since he and my mom had a fake wedding with their stoner friends and didnt put himself as the father on my birth cert. I found out that if he croaks id just have to go down to the courthouse and claim to be his son. If no one challenges it then it will pass just fine.

Hth

Maybe a business succession plan. You own your own shop. Right?

His father just passed right? That is why I assumed the former.

Yes. It involves the business and personal finances. I have POA over my mom and all that encompasses.

Without getting into details, I'm dealing with a mess. At some point, succession will be necessary. Talked to the attorney and more importantly, the CPA. I'll know more when I meet with him. Never realized that the CPA was more important than the attorney.

My $250 an hour attorney is on it. Figured I'd save a bit here. Play on.

Does he wear a white suit and talk like Foghorn Leghorn?

Iv been seeing him post for years but only just now noticed the typo in Bunnys name. funny.

Somebody started a thread about what cartoon characters remind them of what poster. Somebody said Foghorn for me. :P

It's a new HBO show that is pretty good...