Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Dammit... I need a good fiction book to read

Scifi.. military.. fantasy..

I don't care for mysteries, romance, non-fiction, teen vampire bullsh£t... etc.

GO!

The Stand-Stephen King

Best book about the end of the world I've read. Really big, though, over 1000 pages. Get the unedited version.

The Stand-Stephen King

Best book about the end of the world I've read. Really big, though, over 1000 pages. Get the unedited version.

Read it... also Tommy Knockers, 1965, and Eyes of the Dragon.

My favorite book is The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster. It reads sort of like Kafka does pulp detective noir of NYC of the 80s. Not sure if that's your bag, just throwing it out there.

Dragon Doom. Dennis L mckiernan.

He also wrote the silver call dualogy. A ripoff of the hobbit but made for a quick fun read without all the depth of middle earth lore, just focused on action.

So the jim butcher knock off wasnt that good? Have you tried Lev Grossmans " the magicians", going to be a new series on syfy.

Leviathan Wakes is another by james corey. The new syfy series the Expanse is based on it.

Did you see the trailer for the movie The 5th wave? It played at Star Wars and said from the best selling novel. Its like a disaster/aliens invade/bodysnatchers kind of thing. I always liked reading books then seeing movies bring them to life. Maybe that would be worth a look.

Did you see the trailer for the movie The 5th wave? It played at Star Wars and said from the best selling novel. Its like a disaster/aliens invade/bodysnatchers kind of thing. I always liked reading books then seeing movies bring them to life. Maybe that would be worth a look.

Read that as well as the sequel. Pretty good

So the jim butcher knock off wasnt that good? Have you tried Lev Grossmans " the magicians", going to be a new series on syfy.

Leviathan Wakes is another by james corey. The new syfy series the Expanse is based on it.

I'm on the 3rd or 4th one... okay, but not page turners tou know?

My favorite book is The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster. It reads sort of like Kafka does pulp detective noir of NYC of the 80s. Not sure if that's your bag, just throwing it out there.

Hrrmmm... I'm not a snob. I'll take a look.

Again.. I'll take a look. Could be good if they went series or movie with it.

Greedo, a guy from the geek bored, wrote a book called The End of Heroes, kind of sci fi fantasy. I liked it.

Greedo, a guy from the geek bored, wrote a book called The End of Heroes, kind of sci fi fantasy. I liked it.

I bought it... its sitting in my kindle que. I think I tried starting it last year. Didn't take at first.

Hrrmmm... I'm not a snob. I'll take a look.

It is very ... philosophical? The Music of Chance is another good one from the same author.

The Girl in the Spiders Web

Does this make a a ghey ?

The Stand-Stephen King

Ditto

I enjoyed the lisbeth salander books, although all those icelandic names were hella to remember.

I enjoyed the lisbeth salander books, although all those icelandic names were hella to remember.

True. Did you read the newsest one ? This author really picked up where Steig left off.

Have you read any Tolkien?

Just enough to say I have. :wave:

Scifi.. military.. fantasy..

I don't care for mysteries, romance, non-fiction, teen vampire bullsh£t... etc.

GO!

The Talisman - Stephen King

Haunted - Chuck Pahlinhiuk

Just enough to say I have. :wave:

The title ? The inside jacket blurb ?

How about The Martian?

Think from another thread he read that.