Sign in to follow this  
NickSac

Middle of the Road Streamer TE Discussion

I've been streaming TEs all year, a lot of the times picking wrong, but somehow I've made it to the finals.

So, for the people that don't have someone in the Gronk/Olsen/Walker/Reed tier, how are you feeling about your middle of the road TEs?

On my roster, Julius Thomas, Richard Rodgers, Eric Ebron, Zach Miller

Julius Thomas - @NO - Saints are a top 5 match-up, giving up 81 ypg to TEs, giving up 10 TDs on the season, but only 1 in the past 4 games. Seems maybe they've shored up that leak a little bit since Ryan got the boot?

Zach Miller - @TB - Bucs have been pretty good the past 5 weeks against TEs, only giving up 67 ypg and 0 TDs. Alshon is always banged up so you never know if he plays or sits or plays but leaves after a short period, so unpredictable. If he's out or atleast very gimpy, gotta think Miller gets a lot of targets.

Richard Rodgers - @ARI - Surpisingly, ARI has given up 87 ypg to TEs over the past 5 games, allowing 4 TDs as well. The TE points scored have been trending up the past couple months. They are the number 1 match-up play. That 30 point miracle a few weeks ago for Rodgers has him as a Top 10 TE on the year (in my league at least), but he's totaled a whopping 7 points combined the past 2 weeks. He just disappears from the game plan sometimes.

Eric Ebron - vs SF - Speaking of disappearing from the game plan, Ebron is my most frustrating TE this season. In a year where Calvin hasn't been the Calvin of old, you'd think this 6'4 250lb dude would be in a position to capitalize, but no, his past 4 games points scored, 3, 7, 3, 9. Why they don't use this guy, I don't know. Niners only allowing 42 ypg to TEs last 5 weeks, only twice all year has a TE scored 10+ on them (Rodgers wk 4 and Barnidge wk 14)

This is a glorified Who Do I Start topic, but hey, its the Finals, and there is at least some discussion to be had, I gotta think there are a lot of people out there that don't have a Top Tier option and are looking for every point this weekend. Any opinions are welcome. Thanks for reading.

Don't think there is any question about it Thomas is the pick