Sign in to follow this  
Jarvis Basnight

Belichick is so genius.

I think the player blew the call.

Yeah, I heard them mention that in post game. How the fock does that happen? Who was the player responsible?

Yeah, I heard them mention that in post game. How the fock does that happen? Who was the player responsible?

Now it's being reported Bill said kick it. That's insane.

Now it's being reported Bill said kick it. That's insane.

That's Bill

The tin foil hats are already big and plenty.

The Patriots just didn't want the Steelers in the playoffs

• Like 1

I can understand if you have an incredible defense and the wind is a big factor in the game, but neither of these things applied today. Bill outsmarted himself.

• Like 1

It may have indeed been another stroke of genius!! They knew Steelers already lost so why not roll the dice and if Jets win oh well works out good for Pats. Who would rather have in Playoffs....Steelers or Jets?

The tin foil hats are already big and plenty.

The Patriots just didn't want the Steelers in the playoffs

Why wouldn't he. They would eat that defense alive

Why wouldn't he. They would eat that defense alive

I don't think anyone wants to play the Steelers in the playoffs. That offense has such explosive potential.

Steelers blew it today . There is no playoffs this season for them .

Steelers blew it today . There is no playoffs this season for them .

Well if Bills beat Jets and Pitt beats Browns. But they don't deserve it despite good record because all they had to do was out score Mallett

Nothing to do with Belichick. All slaters fault. He said we want to kick and then when he realized he messed up he started crying to the ref. Unreal.

Nothing to do with Belichick. All slaters fault. He said we want to kick and then when he realized he messed up he started crying to the ref. Unreal.

Yep then he lied and said Bill said to kick. Then Bill was the bigger man and took responsibility and defended it. It was clearly Slater who was confused.
  • Like 1

They usually outsmart most folks but today, they outsmarted themselves...chit happens.

Bill is never outsmarted....ever.

You think it's a coincedence, former patriots QB Ryan Mallet beat the Steelers today? I think not....Bill > NFL

• Like 1

Rumors are swirling the Pats threw the game to help get the steelers eliminated from playoffs.

Yes Steelers are so dominant NE would sacrifice home field and let a team like NYJ that has their number in

NE got beat live with it

Bill is never outsmarted....ever.

You think it's a coincedence, former patriots QB Ryan Mallet beat the Steelers today? I think not....Bill > NFL

:doh:

Rumors are swirling the Pats threw the game to help get the steelers eliminated from playoffs.

The Pats had plenty to play for, I.e. #1 seed

Also, why was Slater trying to correct the refs and came off the field crying if that's what BB wanted. Something seems off here.

• Like 1

Also, why was Slater trying to correct the refs and came off the field crying if that's what BB wanted. Something seems off here.

If you believe the official story, Slater was supposed to call the wind. He just thought calling to kick also allowed them to choose the direction.

Didn't he go for it on 4th down deep in Indy territory against Peyton Manning one time?

If you believe the official story, Slater was supposed to call the wind. He just thought calling to kick also allowed them to choose the direction.

If true, it's not the first time it's happened. There was a game years ago (late 80's/early 90's???) where a guy won the OT coin toss, and chose to kickoff thinking he also got to pick which side of the field. I think they lost, too.

I believe it. Slater said "we want to kick that way".

Dumb call and I have a hard time with all of the cover ups.

Ah, that's the old madden play. You're supposed to defer knowing they will receive and then you get to pick your side.

If true, it's not the first time it's happened. There was a game years ago (late 80's/early 90's???) where a guy won the OT coin toss, and chose to kickoff thinking he also got to pick which side of the field. I think they lost, too.

NE did it in 2013 and won. The Vikings chose to kicked in OT earlier this year and won. Don't know the stats but teams don't often score a TD on first possesion in OT. Didn't work this week but it might not be a dumb strategy.

NE did it in 2013 and won. The Vikings chose to kicked in OT earlier this year and won. Don't know the stats but teams don't often score a TD on first possesion in OT. Didn't work this week but it might not be a dumb strategy.

Based on the stats, the team that receives the kickoff wins 7.6% more often than the team that kicks.

That game in Denver in 2013 was different because there was strong wind and snow affecting the decision. Yesterday, there was no wind and really no reason to take a particular direction.

• Like 1

Because of the new OT rules put in place a few years back that mandates the team that doesn't get the ball first in OT gets a possession if the other team scores only a FG, I think that for some teams it is more advantageous to get the ball second in OT because the onus is on the team with the first possession to score a TD for the immediate win, whereas the second team getting possession can score a FG for the win or tie.

If it was a conscious choice to kick then it was stupid. Pats had the momentum after that huge game-tying drive. Why couldn't they have marched down the field and scored again?

Based on the stats, the team that receives the kickoff wins 7.6% more often than the team that kicks.

That game in Denver in 2013 was different because there was strong wind and snow affecting the decision. Yesterday, there was no wind and really no reason to take a particular direction.

The Vikings game was also quite windy, and both teams were playing good defense.

We're all underestimating the Sith Lord Belicheat. He gave this game away on purpose after the Steelers loss was final. He knows he can beat the Jets in the playoffs, but not Pittsburgh. So he threw the Jets a bone and kneecapped the Steelers in the process.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBGB8f1CUAA6yLd.jpg