Sign in to follow this  
72dolfan

Patriots in the Playoffs

Patriots fans. It looks like Edelman should be back, but what about the O-Line? Are they expected to get healthy or healthier by playoff time?

Edelman will be back. Vollmer will be back. The line will still be a mess. Not sure if the timing will be there, but I know that they will be able to at least get some separation in close quarters to take the pressure off of Brady.

On defense, Jones and Hightower will be back which will be huge. They can't get a pass rush without Jones and they suck at the run without Hightower.

Edelman will be back. Vollmer will be back. The line will still be a mess. Not sure if the timing will be there, but I know that they will be able to at least get some separation in close quarters to take the pressure off of Brady.

On defense, Jones and Hightower will be back which will be huge. They can't get a pass rush without Jones and they suck at the run without Hightower.

This

Looks like another great shot for another Super Bowl Title .

Vollmer will be back on the o-line. That's a big deal because they basically have no left tackle right now. Vollmer was the backup to Solder (who is out for the year) so they're already playing an RT out of position there. Now Vollmer can handle it but Cannon et al really cannot.

So Vollmer goes to LT, Cannon goes back to RT where he belongs, and suddenly you're looking much better. Plus they'll probably put Andrews in at Center and move Stork to LG to get Tre Mason out of the lineup because he has done horribly in pass protection lately.

Edelman back at WR, Hightower back at LB, Chandler Jones back at DE, McCourty full strength at Safety. They will look like a different team two weeks from now.

Then the question is what will lost momentum cost them, if anything? Also is Brady okay with that ankle or will he be hobbling around out there behind an o-line that hasn't been playing together much in recent weeks?

Will Edelman be effective when he returns has got to be a concern. Dez with "same" injury was a shell of himself and never improved. If he can't make those quick cuts and get open NE passing game will continue to suck.

Man I shudder to think about the Pats when the day comes that Brady retires. That cassel year was a decade ago people, let it go, it's gonna be ugly. I do think Janine Garofallo can play so there's that.

Will Edelman be effective when he returns has got to be a concern. Dez with "same" injury was a shell of himself and never improved. If he can't make those quick cuts and get open NE passing game will continue to suck.

Dez' problems after he got back were named Matt Cassel, Brandon Weeden, and Kellen Moore.

Also, Edelman has more heart in his pinkie than Dez does in his whole body. I'm more concerned about Brady's ankle.

Man I shudder to think about the Pats when the day comes that Brady retires. That cassel year was a decade ago people, let it go, it's gonna be ugly. I do think Janine Garofallo can play so there's that.

And they will go right back to not caring about the Patriots like all of those years before.

what the hell do you mean by let it go?

what the hell do you mean by let it go?

I mean stop using that one year to say the Pats will be fine without Brady. Its similar to the argument that Brady haters would use back then to say he was a system guy and Bill was the real reason they won. I never bought that, but it had traction until Brady "mysteriously" went from a 26-28td a year guy to a perrenial 4k 30+ including 50tds after age 30. By mysteriously I mean it coincided with reports of doctoring footballs etc.

Dez' problems after he got back were named Matt Cassel, Brandon Weeden, and Kellen Moore.

Also, Edelman has more heart in his pinkie than Dez does in his whole body. I'm more concerned about Brady's ankle.

heard dez had more surgery today

After the news about Dez having more surgery his biggest problem was his injury , plus a lack of a qb with the talent of Romo . Plus Dez is a deva , sorry about that last bit of insight .

And they will go right back to not caring about the Patriots like all of those years before.

Pats have been selling out since January of 1994, which is before Brady. Let's not let facts get in the way, though.

Pats have been selling out since January of 1994, which is before Brady. Let's not let facts get in the way, though.

How many games were blacked out before Parcells got there? I was at a few of them. The last game of the 1990 season was the first home game televised locally since they had gone to the Super Bowl in 85 . That's because Giants fans filled the place up. How come?

I mean stop using that one year to say the Pats will be fine without Brady. Its similar to the argument that Brady haters would use back then to say he was a system guy and Bill was the real reason they won. I never bought that, but it had traction until Brady "mysteriously" went from a 26-28td a year guy to a perrenial 4k 30+ including 50tds after age 30. By mysteriously I mean it coincided with reports of doctoring footballs etc.

Lots of other QBs had statistical jumps around the same time too. And Brady has maintained his performance even with a supposedly non-doctored football. It had far more to do with rule changes to favor the passing game than anything else :doh:

Agree about the rule change statement , this past season 11 qbs passed for 30 plus tds and two more had 29 passing tds , that's 13 qbs with 29 plus tds , I'm out drafting a qb before round 10 ever again .

All teams have injuries, if they cant afford any then that's on them. --NO EXCUSES.

Most teams don't lose their #1 RB, WR, TE, LBs and half their O Line all at once. HTH

Most teams don't lose their #1 RB, WR, TE, LBs and half their O Line all at once. HTH

Billichick is a genius remember? Only 2 sure things you know he will do is ride Brady and Gronk no matter what rules they violate. Otherwise the fans remind us how great he is even with injuries, or a RB in a doghouse because of a fumble. MAN-UP and stop making your excuses when your team starts to struggle. If I am forced to see all you Patriot fans posting in your face comments then stand behind your team and stop acting like bandwagon jumpers when there is less then ideal situation.

Billichick is a genius remember? Only 2 sure things you know he will do is ride Brady and Gronk no matter what rules they violate.

I stopped reading here. :rolleyes:

How many games were blacked out before Parcells got there? I was at a few of them. The last game of the 1990 season was the first home game televised locally since they had gone to the Super Bowl in 85 . That's because Giants fans filled the place up. How come?

You understand that we are talking about something that was over 25 years ago. Right?

You understand that we are talking about something that was over 25 years ago. Right?

its been a pretty good 20+ years in NE.

I think you are confused, Pats fans don't think it will be fine when Brady leaves, its anyone that called Brady a system QB. You're really way off here, and close with a pretty pathetic whine. I expect better from you.

time to doctor some balls

Yep. Or:

1) Get the "tuck" rule ready to deploy.

2) If Brady gets hit too much, 15 yard penalties work wonders

3) Video taping the Chiefs.

4) Whatever else Hoodie comes up with

:D

looking forward to the ass whooping they have coming to them :banana:

looking forward to the ass whooping they have coming to them :banana:

Just stop. You're getting annoying and making yourself look bad. Save the smack talk for after the game.

Just stop. You're getting annoying and making yourself look bad. Save the smack talk for after the game.

he's not drobeski ;)

Meh, they've won 11 straight, they're confident, they've got an elite defense, the Royals already won the World Series this year... cmh can taste it and I don't blame him.

Let him have this moment and most likely it'll just make it sweeter when the Chiefs lose :P

:banana: :banana: :banana:

What I really appreciate the most is the talent that is being built, and as worms suggests with both the royals and chiefs. It's not just about filling a roster of starters with talent, but you need depth and you need guys ready to step up when others go down.

The biggest difference I see in the chiefs and royals under the new administrations is that they understand you need a roster full of talent and just can't expect to get by with average at any one position. So yeah it finally feels good, not just because we are winning now but it feels like finally these teams are figuring how to win now and build for the future. And I just hope it continues because I'm loving the sh!t out of it.

Royals, Chiefs, Jayhawk basketball it really can't get much better for me right now.