Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Rudnicki

2016 Off-Season Dynasty Trades

More opinion. No Fax. lol

One year wonder? He has only been in the league 2 years and had a great fantasy season, why will he not be good anymore?

Why don't you ask Steve Slaton, or Trent Richardson.

• Like 1

Then why is everyone on Rawls and David Johnson, but not Freeman?

Maybe because they are on better teams? I thought they both looked better than Freeman who was running through holes that a Mack truck could fit through a lot of the season, and thats probably more of an indictment of the defenses the Falcons faced.

Maybe because they are on better teams? I thought they both looked better than Freeman who was running through holes that a Mack truck could fit through a lot of the season, and thats probably more of an indictment of the defenses the Falcons faced.

If they are on better teams, why didnt they do better than Freeman this year? Horrible horrible argument? Sad really.

Atlanta OLine was pathetic and how did Peterson do on a bad offense, all be it a playoff team?

Miller? Martin? Gurley? Teams success has little to do with fantasy production for RBs.

Not to mention the Falcons played the Panthers twice, you might have heard of them, they are in the Super Bowl.

But funny when you dont have an argument other than a hunch, you go to the defenses as if he had a choice of who he played.

I'll stick to keeping the #1 scoring RB in the top 10 who is in a situation where nothing changed. After all its risk vs reward, and its bigger risk to say this guy will just suck... because you think so.

Welp. This one just went down gentlemen.

Allen Robinson + Zach Ertz

for

Gronk + Gary Barnidge

If they are on better teams, why didnt they do better than Freeman this year? Horrible horrible argument? Sad really.

Atlanta OLine was pathetic and how did Peterson do on a bad offense, all be it a playoff team?

Miller? Martin? Gurley? Teams success has little to do with fantasy production for RBs.

Not to mention the Falcons played the Panthers twice, you might have heard of them, they are in the Super Bowl.

But funny when you dont have an argument other than a hunch, you go to the defenses as if he had a choice of who he played.

I'll stick to keeping the #1 scoring RB in the top 10 who is in a situation where nothing changed. After all its risk vs reward, and its bigger risk to say this guy will just suck... because you think so.

This. AR on the money once again.

for

Gronk + Gary Barnidge

Is that the trade pending in dyno? I think its a solid trade. I was in Gronk discussions as well but couldnt really pull the trigger on a deal.

for

Gronk + Gary Barnidge

I love the side getting Robinson and Ertz.

I love the side getting Robinson and Ertz.

My reasoning behind it was two-fold.

Its a three year catch and release w/ taxi squads (no devy).

Ertz was in his final year of ownership for me. As an Eagles fan, I truly do believe Ertz can be a top-5 TE. But, with Celek coming back for another year and the uncertainty at QB, I just couldn't rely on his spotiness he's provided thus far. Particularly from a value standpoint.

As for Robinson, I might be one of the biggest supporters of him there is. I think he's the real deal and that he should be a top 5 dynasty WR behind Brown, OBJ, Nuk, and Dez. Unfortunately, being a top WR and being Gronk was the ultimate difference.

Likely, I'll fail with this trade because that's what happens with me lol.

But getting Gronk for three more years makes me happy. And Barnidge could be a great candidate for repeat success. Hue might make sure he'll be a target hog in the subsequent years, regardless of Gordon's availability. I know he's old, but the wear on the tires is minimal enough to get a couple solid years of production.

Agree with this completely. In addition I would add things like scoring, lineup, and roster size/rules matter greatly.

For instance in a league where there the starting lineup is 2 RB/2WR/1TE /1 flex compared to a league where the lineup is 2 RB/3WR/1TE 2 flex the potential for multiple quality players down the road by making the trade over a stud comes into play.

Whether there are large - deep rosters, whether there is a cutdown.......standard vs full PPR with the opportunity to take a couple of RBs high where the RB value vs WR can be a bit diminished.........all those things matter, but as petekrum notes the existing roster is the biggest determinant.

I make trades in leagues with slightly different rules and different rosters I would not make in another................. all the time.

This whopper went down in another league.

Team A gets pick 1.2,1.3,1.7,2.2, 3.5,3.7

Team B gets Odell Beckham Jr, 2017 2nd

This deal was in one of my leagues....Dynasty PPR no contracts....start QB/RB/3WR/1TE/1 RB/WR/TE flex

The owners WRs were OBJ, Matthews, Austin, Golden Tate, Marvin Jones, Snead, Strong, Steve Smith, Hardy....

for

Gronk + Gary Barnidge

It's tough to get rid of the Gronk. But I gotta say, I'm really digging the Robinson and Ertz side of the deal. Either way, seems reasonable for both sides.

Giraldi02, didn't realize you're a eagles fan. What do you think so far of Jordan Mathews first 2 years in the league?

Any guesses as to how he fits in with the new staff, and his future prospects.

Giraldi02, didn't realize you're a eagles fan. What do you think so far of Jordan Mathews first 2 years in the league?

As a jmatth owner in both dynasties, i am excited. I think he could be this years Jeremy Maclin, hopefully healthier and thus more consistent. I said many bad things about him ladt year but that was out of frustration. A lot of the perceived drops werent as bad as just a plain drop. He has all the tools to be a top flight receiver. I think the Eagles and Pederson will continue to view him as such. Who the qb is is the only issue i really see. If i didnt have him in both dynasties i would be looking to acquire him on the cheap

I think unreasonable expectations were placed on him last season from both a fantasy and a real life perspective. Inconsistencies (ie: drops) early in the season were amplified by the lack of success with the team.

The lack of help from others in the offense worsened this. Agholor really struggled last season, forcing Matthews to shoulder even more of the responsibility in the passing game. Bradford was locking on to his initial read early in the year as well and didn't seem to have a rapport with the guys he was throwing to.

Having said that, I think Matthews is a solid young receiver with a desire to get better. His work ethic has never been questioned so I do believe he has solid upside. I also believe that Pederson is going to make damn sure that J-Matt stays predominantly in the slot. That's where he did his damage his rookie season.

The main issue to me with all of the Eagles skill guys is: Who's the quarterback? This cannot be overlooked.

Theres Bradford and the potential of him with yet another different offensive system. At number 13 there's little chance IMHO they can get Wentz or Goff. And therein lies the rub. Is it going to be some retread veteran while a lesser rookie talent is groomed? I know people will say," But Alex Smith made Maclin into a solid fantasy WR", but Alex Smith for all his criticisms is a decent quarterback on the short to intermediate passes. I fear Sanchez could legitimately be the quarterback week one.

Long story short, I think Matthews is a buy in dynasty if the price is right, but few owners would part with him this early in his career. I just cannot look past the qb situation so im not very interested...yet.

This happened in one of my leagues yesterday....

12 team 1 PPR 25 man rosters QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/D/K

Team A gets Eric Decker, Jordan Reed

Team B gets Breshad Perriman, Zach Zenner, 2016 3.02

My opinion: Team B is selling high on two perfect sell high candidates but IMO didnt really get a sell high price for them. Decker was a the WR15 or so, and Reed the TE2 last year. Decker was the model of PPR consistancy, scoring between 10 and 20 points in every game he played and scored a TD in 12 of the 15 games he played in. They were second and seventh in the league respectively in red zone targets last year, and little is likely to change significantly in either offense next year (caveat: This assumes the Jets resign Ryan Fitzmagic and the Redskins either resign Cousins or slap the franchise tag on him, which all indications point to at this time). Reed has the concussion issue, but managed to play in 14 games last season. Im not usually a fan of taking on player with injury issues, but in this case swapping Reeds concussions for Perrimans legs seems to be an even swap. Plus the team getting Reed has a couple of decent fallback options at TE in Martellus Bennett, Crockett Gilmore and the up and coming Will Tye. Perriman is the great unknown here, a huge boom or bust pick even before the leg injuries.. If he gets healthy and lives up to his hype/ability, it could sway this trade to the other side. But getting a consistant guy like Decker mitigates that risk IMO. Right now at this second a Perriman owner would likely give his right nut for Perriman to have Eric Deckers career. I know the Lions just cut Joique Bell, but Zenner to me is not a guy who will ever be more than a rotational piece of a RBBC. The draft pick is semi-worthless.

Team A, who finished in 7th place one game out of the playoffs, now trots out a WR corps of Jordy, Decker, Cooks, John Brown, Diggs, Crowder, Conley, Rashad Green and JJ Nelson.

Right now i'd say Team A wins.

My opinion: Team B is selling high on two perfect sell high candidates but IMO didnt really get a sell high price for them. Decker was a the WR15 or so, and Reed the TE2 last year. Decker was the model of PPR consistancy, scoring between 10 and 20 points in every game he played and scored a TD in 12 of the 15 games he played in. They were second and seventh in the league respectively in red zone targets last year, and little is likely to change significantly in either offense next year (caveat: This assumes the Jets resign Ryan Fitzmagic and the Redskins either resign Cousins or slap the franchise tag on him, which all indications point to at this time). Reed has the concussion issue, but managed to play in 14 games last season. Im not usually a fan of taking on player with injury issues, but in this case swapping Reeds concussions for Perrimans legs seems to be an even swap. Plus the team getting Reed has a couple of decent fallback options at TE in Martellus Bennett, Crockett Gilmore and the up and coming Will Tye. Perriman is the great unknown here, a huge boom or bust pick even before the leg injuries.. If he gets healthy and lives up to his hype/ability, it could sway this trade to the other side. But getting a consistant guy like Decker mitigates that risk IMO. Right now at this second a Perriman owner would likely give his right nut for Perriman to have Eric Deckers career. I know the Lions just cut Joique Bell, but Zenner to me is not a guy who will ever be more than a rotational piece of a RBBC. The draft pick is semi-worthless.

Team A, who finished in 7th place one game out of the playoffs, now trots out a WR corps of Jordy, Decker, Cooks, John Brown, Diggs, Crowder, Conley, Rashad Green and JJ Nelson.

If i was rebuilding i would rather have team B. I am skeptical Decker can maintain his consistency. Zenner is a nice lotto ticket to have. You are probably right about his future, but he looked good to me when he played. Perriman has a higher ceiling than Decker also. IF Flacco can trust Perriman enough to turn him into a target monster, he could pay off big time. I believe the knee injury was kind of a freak injury rather than a trend.

If i was rebuilding i would rather have team B. I am skeptical Decker can maintain his consistency. Zenner is a nice lotto ticket to have. You are probably right about his future, but he looked good to me when he played. Perriman has a higher ceiling than Decker also. IF Flacco can trust Perriman enough to turn him into a target monster, he could pay off big time. I believe the knee injury was kind of a freak injury rather than a trend.

I wouldnt classify Team A as rebuilding. They are pretty solid, although they could use a RB upgrade. They have plenty of under 25 WRs, and could afford to trade one. Agree about Perrimans higher ceiling, but i think he has a much lower floor too. He was already a guy who had concerns about drops in college. Obviously the guy could blow up next year, You cant teach 6'2" 210 lbs and a 4.2 40 time. But he is far from a sure thing. He could be the next Dez Bryant, but he could also be the next Troy Williamson.

Decker's last 4 seasons:

85/1064/13 .

87/1288/11

74/962/5 (with Geno Smith starting 13 games)

80/1027/12

Thats pretty consistent. Like i said if 4 years from now Perriman is a guy averaging 80/1100/10, who ever owns him will be ecstatic.

Ill admit i thought Perriman had hamstring issues as well as the knee thing. So maybe that skews the injury for injury trade off.

I just dont see how Zenner is going to get enough touches with Abdullah and Riddick ahead of him to be any more fantasy relevant than a bye week fill in, unless there is an injury.

But in all of this, i could be completely wrong. Its just, like, my opinion, man.

I'm not a fan of Perriman at all TBH. Two injuries to the PCL his rookie year & I honestly do wonder if his Osgood-Schlatter disease contributed to adult bad knees.

I'd never give up DJ, Karlos, and Hurns for those two guys. DJ on his own could net a nice haul from an overzealous owner. Hurns himself, while not as valuable as A-Rob, is still a decent commodity. And as for Karlos, I'm very bullish on his future and own him on both my dynasty squads.

I'm not big on Devonta Freeman as it pertains to dynasty, despite his performance this year. Yes he'll be in Atlanta for the next two seasons, but I do think that Tevin Coleman will eventually figure some things out and get some carries. I actually like Coleman as a nice sleeper next season in re-draft. As for Aiken, I think the skills are there, but I think it's a coin flip between he and Hurns personally. So in essence, you're trading DJ and Karlos for Freeman. Meh...

Having said that, if you can net that in that trade, kudos :thumbsup:

Devonta Freeman put up big numbers (at least in part) because of the schedule. Atlantas schedule (during the period where freeman went crazy) May have been the most run friendly in the NFL. I think Freeman only faced one or two decent defenses. All the rest were poor.

Not taking anything away from him. He is still a pro calibre player who put up good numbers, but I would bet every cent I own that he will not put up the same numbers next year.

The only question we should be asking is how steep will the decline be?

Not taking anything away from him. He is still a pro calibre player who put up good numbers, but I would bet every cent I own that he will not put up the same numbers next year.

The only question we should be asking is how steep will the decline be?

I think he'll be better than his numbers after his return from injury late in the season, but not anywhere near his extremely productive weeks. And that's the problem with his value is that it's completely polarizing. You either have the people that believe he's the best thing since sliced bread or you have the skeptics. Either way, if you own him you're not selling for anything less than a king's ransom. And if you want to buy him you're likely not giving away a top-10 dynasty asset to acquire him.

I think he'll be better than his numbers after his return from injury late in the season, but not anywhere near his extremely productive weeks. And that's the problem with his value is that it's completely polarizing. You either have the people that believe he's the best thing since sliced bread or you have the skeptics. Either way, if you own him you're not selling for anything less than a king's ransom. And if you want to buy him you're likely not giving away a top-10 dynasty asset to acquire him.

I was offered I give up Bell, he gives up Freeman. Freeman isnt 1/4 of the value Bell is to me. I would have needed another legitimate stud in the trade to consider it. Thats just my personal value on him.

Not as impressed as you with that WR group in dynasty. Plenty of potential and some depth but questions marks across the board.

I'm not as high as others on Perriman and agree this is a good deal for "A". I really like the addition of Reed at TE and Decker is WR depth.

I was offered I give up Bell, he gives up Freeman. Freeman isnt 1/4 of the value Bell is to me. I would have needed another legitimate stud in the trade to consider it. Thats just my personal value on him.

I shared your feelings on Bell a year ago. I'm not quite as sold now with more injury history. But, yes, I would want Freeman, PLUS for Bell.

Call the police, there's been a robbery. It's not even that I love what team A got so much as I love how little they had to give up to get them. Not a fan of Perriman at all especially in that Ravens passing offense. Zenner doesn't even exist in terms of fantasy and anyone that thinks he does hasn't been paying attention to the RB position for the last 25 years. The pick is less than meaningless.

Not as impressed as you with that WR group in dynasty. Plenty of potential and some depth but questions marks across the board.

I wasnt saying these WRs were anything special, just giving some context for why i thought adding a more consistent, higher floor Decker would fit in with all the unproven "potential" guys. He isnt a gamebreaker, just a guy you can count on to get 12-15 pts every single week. He probably wont ever have a 30 point outburst game, but he also probably wont ever have a 3 point stinker. There is value in that.

I also think Decker is fairly undervalued.

2015: 13th in total pts, 14th in PPG

2014: 26th /27th (factoring out Dontrelle Inman who played 2 games)

2013: 9th/12th

2012: 9th/12th

He also has 41 TD receptions in his last 62 NFL games, 36 in his last 47 games if you throw away the Geno Smith season. He has more receiving TDs (50 in 92 career games) than Jordy Nelson (45 in 105 games) Demaryius Thomas (47 in 85 games) Jeremy Maclin (44 in 90 games) DeSean Jackson (42 in 112 games) and Antonio Brown (38 in 86 games)

Again im not saying he is a world beater, just a good solid startable guy to have, and if Perriman averages 80/1100/10 over the next 4 years his owners will be ecstatic.

I wouldnt classify Team A as rebuilding. They are pretty solid, although they could use a RB upgrade. They have plenty of under 25 WRs, and could afford to trade one. Agree about Perrimans higher ceiling, but i think he has a much lower floor too. He was already a guy who had concerns about drops in college. Obviously the guy could blow up next year, You cant teach 6'2" 210 lbs and a 4.2 40 time. But he is far from a sure thing. He could be the next Dez Bryant, but he could also be the next Troy Williamson.

Decker's last 4 seasons:

85/1064/13 .

87/1288/11

74/962/5 (with Geno Smith starting 13 games)

80/1027/12

Thats pretty consistent. Like i said if 4 years from now Perriman is a guy averaging 80/1100/10, who ever owns him will be ecstatic.

Ill admit i thought Perriman had hamstring issues as well as the knee thing. So maybe that skews the injury for injury trade off.

I just dont see how Zenner is going to get enough touches with Abdullah and Riddick ahead of him to be any more fantasy relevant than a bye week fill in, unless there is an injury.

But in all of this, i could be completely wrong. Its just, like, my opinion, man.

Ya know, youre right. A got the better end. Even if i believe B is better for the future, he still didnt get enough in return.

Team B. The best player in the trade is LeSean McCoy, but he's going to be 28 when the season starts. LeSean has the 7th most rushing attempts of all active running backs. His value at the conclusion of next season could very well be half of what it is, particularly if he gets nicked up again or if Karlos Williams continues to be a home-run hitter in that offense.

Percy Harvin is useless IMHO for dynasty or redraft. He's played in 28 games in the past four seasons. And when he does play, what upside does he really offer? I'd rather have Coleman, the #2 WR in New Orleans now that it's likely Marques Colston is on the outs.

Romo is 36 in April. Maybe he plays for 3 more seasons? But given his severe injuries, I don't know if I'd bank on that. Gimme Cousins over Romo. While I'm not huge on Cousins, when he plays at home, he's a pretty solid fantasy quarterback.

Team B effectively got rid of two aging veterans with a lot of miles under their tires for a handful of young upside guys and picks

• Like 1

Team B won easily. I don't love any of the players they got but at least they will have something to show for it in two years, plus they could get some nice pieces with those picks.

Team A Gives Michael Floyd, 2017 2nd round rookie pick

Team B Gives Brandon Marshall, 2017 1st Round Rookie Pick, 1st Round Free Agent Pick

Team B's best player is not officially Michael Floyd. WAS Brandon Marshall

Team B Gives Brandon Marshall, 2017 1st Round Rookie Pick, 1st Round Free Agent Pick

Mixed bag of cats. In a vacuum, I think it's a good deal for each. But when you say that Marshall was Team B's best player, it really makes me not like giving up a 1st round rookie pick next year.

People really need to start giving some context to these trades, It really can make a difference. For instance, is this a 10 team league with 24 man rosters? If so the WW would likely be chock full of rosterable players and that Free Agent pick might be pretty valuable. If this is a 16 team league with 35 man rosters, probably not so much. It doesnt have to be a 15 page thesis, just some basic info.....league size, roster size, maybe starting lineup requirements. If youre feeling froggy a little bit about whether the teams are contenders or rebuilders. Heck go crazy and post full rosters.

Anyway....

My first thought was that the team receiving Floyd at least did a good job getting younger, but then after a little research i realized that Marshall isnt as old as i thought he was (31) and Floyd isnt as young as i thought he was (26). I thought they were more like 33/34 and 23/24. I think the team getting Marshall got the best player and the better rookie draft pick and got a second pick on top. If team B's best player is Micheal Floyd that 2017 first Team A picked up could be pretty sweet. Like the trade i posted upthread, Marshall is a great sell high candidate, but Team A didnt get a sell high price for him. This feels like a trade that was consummated because Team B felt like he HAD to trade Marshall.

I agree with giraldi and petekrum. Team B wins this trade in a vacuum. The one caveat i'll toss out there is that if Team A feels like they are a championship contender in 2016, then maybe this trade makes sense for them as well. But without some context its impossible to tell.

I agree with giraldi and petekrum. Team B wins this trade in a vacuum. The one caveat i'll toss out there is that if Team A feels like they are a championship contender in 2016, then maybe this trade makes sense for them as well. But without some context its impossible to tell.

Team B RB core before he gave up McCoy...

Lacy (Starks, too)

Freeman (Coleman, too)

D. Murray (Matthews, too)

L. Miller

Jeremy Hill

McCoy

Team B also had no picks and has some aging players int he WR core.

• Team A gave up Draft Pick 1.05; $20.00 in blind bidding

Team B gave up Draft Pick 2.08; Draft Pick 2.11; Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from Defending Champ; Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from Defending Champ

When you say a fact, I'll pay attention.

Freeman is a 300 point PPR player, there are few of those. He is 24, and shown he can produce big on the nfl field.

That is a fact, Williams, is a backup he is tevin coleman. Mariota is a titan with a bad coach an organization. he is ok, crowder is hardly anything special. an early one doesnt guarantee fournette or chubb and you can only hope one of them will be 300 point ppr players.

studs are hard to come by, the object of the game is to score points.

Not sure why you aren't considering the SSS issue? One year of elite production does not a trend make, or a career for that matter. There's a long history of one off elite performances that have gone down before disappearing, and there are plenty of alarming concerns here including:

Negatives:

*only two years in the NFL, with only 1 highly productive season (his rookie year was undistinguished). So Small Sample Size

*Share back at FSU in a platoon role, never earned bell cow status or produced elite numbers while there.

*Production declined as teams got plenty of tape on him (or because the line, and the passing game began to fall off).

*regime drafted Tevin Coleman to be their lead back.

*received a 2nd-4th round grade from most sources following his 2013 season, and didn't make Mayock's top 5 at RB: ""This kid, for his size, is very physical. There is not much tread on his tires. This kid has always split the duties in the backfield. He's fresh and can catch the football." -- Mike Mayock

Positives:

*Tevin Coleman stinks, his only elite trademark is top end speed, and while superior to Freeman in preseason, looked much worse during regular season.

*Kyle Shanahan is an outstanding OC with a long history of producing elite backs and passing games.

*Freeman is a great match for a zone blocking scheme

*there was some strong support for Freeman by scouts like McShay in the lead up to the '14 draft.

*Atlanta's line received middling cosmetic changes during '15 offseason, and he was still productive when those middling at best lineman started going down with injuries every week, not as productive, mind you, but certainly productive.

*Matt Ryan had a career poor year after a quality start, and Freeman was still exceptionally productive.

*The tape/clips (obviously I don't get coaches tape) looks good. Great burst, breaking plenty of tackles, acceleration, good, quick decisions, and he's got quality hands etc.

*Did tend to be the first option in FSU's share back situation, remarkably duurable, and some scouts felt he'd make a better pro than a college player.

When I consider Freeman I like him a lot, but not at his current value. I expect to get discounts on players with that scale of small sample size, but you won't after his performance in '15 which is why I won't be buying. Having not earned bell cow status at FSU, and not having won over the Atlanta brass until an injury to Coleman, I'm suspicious. I'd consider drafting him in redraft because there are so few quality RB's, and in Dynasty start ups possibly as well, but I wouldn't trade for him considering the cost.

• Like 1

This past season I started my first dynasty leagues, and followed a core strategy of building around young WR's, Todd Gurley, and Tyler Eifert, while trading assets to acquire as many 2017 firsts as possible. After the first seven months of the league I acquired a pile of '17 first rounders, and a 2nd rounder through a variety of deals some of which look a bit draconian in cost, some of which seemed rather benign. These were the deals I made to own 5 2017 first rounders.

Deal #1

Team Me trades:

'15 2.1

'15 3.12

'15. 4.1

'15 9.12

Team B Trades:

'15 3.5

'15 4.2

'15 4.8

'15 10.8

'17 first round pick

Deal #2 I planned on taking Todd Gurley in all 3 of my dynasty leagues last summer and was successful in all 3, because I had the turn picks in rounds 1/2 initially, I knew that would be too early and attempted to trade down in part to lower myself far enough in round 2 without risking losing Gurley while also acquiring '17 first rounders in the process which was my second goal for the '16 season. Deal 2 was a core part of this strategy.

Team Me gives:

'15 1.12

'15 12.1

'17 2nd round rookie pick

Team C Gives:

'15 2.4

'15 15.9

'17 1st round rookie pick

During the '16 offseason I also consummated another 2 deals to acquire more '17 first round picks:

Deal #3:

Team Me gives:

'16 1.3

Team D gives:

'16 3.4

'17 1st round Pick

Deal #4:

Team Me gives:

'16 2.12

'18 1st round pick

'18 2nd round pick

Team E gives:

'16 4.10

'17 1st round pick

'18 3rd round pick.

So at this point I now own 5 2017 first round picks, and a 2017 2nd round pick.

It's my hope that I'll be in position to collect at least 3 among: Fournette, Chubb, Cook, Smith-Schuster, Dupree and/or possibly Williams. It would be ideal if I don't have to try and package multiple '17 first rounders and my '17 2nd rounder to move up, but we'll see what happens. If the '17 rookie draft were based on the standings from the '16 season, the '17 picks would have been 3rd, 4th, 6th, 9th and 12th.

Kinda crazy I know. Currently this roster of my includes: Dalton-Gurley-Lacy (acquired in a deal that sent Rivers, Randle, C. Michael, and a '16 3rd and 5th round pick, and returned Lacy and a '17 4th round pick)-L. Murray-K. Allen-S. Watkins-D. Green-Beckham-Eifert-Jets D

Have any of you attempted to pile up '17 rookie picks?

People really need to start giving some context to these trades, It really can make a difference. For instance, is this a 10 team league with 24 man rosters? If so the WW would likely be chock full of rosterable players and that Free Agent pick might be pretty valuable. If this is a 16 team league with 35 man rosters, probably not so much. It doesnt have to be a 15 page thesis, just some basic info.....league size, roster size, maybe starting lineup requirements. If youre feeling froggy a little bit about whether the teams are contenders or rebuilders. Heck go crazy and post full rosters.

Anyway....

My first thought was that the team receiving Floyd at least did a good job getting younger, but then after a little research i realized that Marshall isnt as old as i thought he was (31) and Floyd isnt as young as i thought he was (26). I thought they were more like 33/34 and 23/24. I think the team getting Marshall got the best player and the better rookie draft pick and got a second pick on top. If team B's best player is Micheal Floyd that 2017 first Team A picked up could be pretty sweet. Like the trade i posted upthread, Marshall is a great sell high candidate, but Team A didnt get a sell high price for him. This feels like a trade that was consummated because Team B felt like he HAD to trade Marshall.

Anyway....

Anyway....

24 Teamer...Full IDP

I noticed that too. I thought BMarsh was older tooooo...and mike floyd seems like he should be 24

This past season I started my first dynasty leagues, and followed a core strategy of building around young WR's, Todd Gurley, and Tyler Eifert, while trading assets to acquire as many 2017 firsts as possible. After the first seven months of the league I acquired a pile of '17 first rounders, and a 2nd rounder through a variety of deals some of which look a bit draconian in cost, some of which seemed rather benign. These were the deals I made to own 5 2017 first rounders.

Deal #1

Team Me trades:

'15 2.1

'15 3.12

'15. 4.1

'15 9.12

Team B Trades:

'15 3.5

'15 4.2

'15 4.8

'15 10.8

'17 first round pick

Deal #2 I planned on taking Todd Gurley in all 3 of my dynasty leagues last summer and was successful in all 3, because I had the turn picks in rounds 1/2 initially, I knew that would be too early and attempted to trade down in part to lower myself far enough in round 2 without risking losing Gurley while also acquiring '17 first rounders in the process which was my second goal for the '16 season. Deal 2 was a core part of this strategy.

Team Me gives:

'15 1.12

'15 12.1

'17 2nd round rookie pick

Team C Gives:

'15 2.4

'15 15.9

'17 1st round rookie pick

During the '16 offseason I also consummated another 2 deals to acquire more '17 first round picks:

Deal #3:

Team Me gives:

'16 1.3

Team D gives:

'16 3.4

'17 1st round Pick

Deal #4:

Team Me gives:

'16 2.12

'18 1st round pick

'18 2nd round pick

Team E gives:

'16 4.10

'17 1st round pick

'18 3rd round pick.

So at this point I now own 5 2017 first round picks, and a 2017 2nd round pick.

It's my hope that I'll be in position to collect at least 3 among: Fournette, Chubb, Cook, Smith-Schuster, Dupree and/or possibly Williams. It would be ideal if I don't have to try and package multiple '17 first rounders and my '17 2nd rounder to move up, but we'll see what happens. If the '17 rookie draft were based on the standings from the '16 season, the '17 picks would have been 3rd, 4th, 6th, 9th and 12th.

Kinda crazy I know. Currently this roster of my includes: Dalton-Gurley-Lacy (acquired in a deal that sent Rivers, Randle, C. Michael, and a '16 3rd and 5th round pick, and returned Lacy and a '17 4th round pick)-L. Murray-K. Allen-S. Watkins-D. Green-Beckham-Eifert-Jets D

Have any of you attempted to pile up '17 rookie picks?

Ive only ever done one dynasty startup draft ( im more of an orphan rehabilitator) so im probably not the one to judge the startup trades you made (#1 and #2)

I like that you have a strategy and are sticking to it and going for it.I dont see anything that you did that is bad at all. I think you didnt get full value for this years 1.03 in trade #3. I know that a lot of people are setting up the 2017 draft to be sooo much better than 2016 that they are severely undervaluing 2016 picks. The trade is the third overall pick this year for a random first next year. The throw in third isnt even close to enough to cover the delayed payoff and the uncertainty of where the 2017 pick will be. (see the trade AaronRud posted above involving the 1.05) . It isnt a crippling trade, its just a trade where, to quote Joeseph Randle, you left meat on the bone. The 2017 1st could obviously end up being a high pick, which would make this trade look better. Either way, if it had been me, i would have needed something more like the haul the owner of 1.05 above got . I have a hard time believeing that the third best players this year is going to be worth less than the 6th or 7th best player next year. To me, the soft spot in the market is acquiring 2016 picks on the cheap from people who undervalue them because of the perception that this is a weak draft.

Im also not a fan of trading away draft picks right now. No one knows how the combine will play out, and by extension the draft. Maybe Derrick Henry gets drafted by the Cowboys, and an owner decides they have to have him. Maybe some WR with a mid first rookie draft ADP blows up the combine. THATS the point when you trade 1.03.

I like the trade you made to acquire Lacy. Even if he never gets back to his former self, you gave up next to nothing (other than an aging QB) to get him. Thats a perfectly executed Buy Low.

But all in all your roster looks decent and having 5 first rounders in any draft is strong. If you draft well next year you could be set up for a long time.