Sign in to follow this  
The Elevator Killer

Can some explain to me what's with the hate for the sanctuary guys?

I don't get it. Just like I don't get people trying to get other people banned. This place used to be a place where guys could be guys. Rag on each other in the name of hilarity and such. Can we really afford to keep losing members. I would welcome the Sanctuary crowd back.

I don't get it. Just like I don't get people trying to get other people banned. This place used to be a place where guys could be guys. Rag on each other in the name of hilarity and such. Can we really afford to keep losing members. I would welcome the Sanctuary crowd back.

I acree

I don't think that there is any hate for the group in general. There might be individuals who are a-holes and those folks should expect to get some sh!t, just like anyone else.

I have no idea who is and who isn't a part of "The Sanctuary".

The hate is for the two or so posts a year "inviting" select people to join, like it is some posh and tony country club....or how all of the good posters left here to go there. Pretentious is the word. :rolleyes:

I have no idea who is and who isn't a part of "The Sanctuary".

The hate is for the two or so posts a year "inviting" select people to join, like it is some posh and tony country club....or how all of the good posters left here to go there. Pretentious is the word. :rolleyes:

The last time we did a recruiting drive was 3 years ago. And we've learned our lesson.

You guys make it out like we think it's some "posh country club". We merely perpetuate it. I've said many times it's just a regular message board with better smileys, but that doesn't play.

They got a hotel and everything. When's Mike gonna buy us a hotel?

Cheap bastard.

I think he sprang for a couple of roach motels, does that count?

I only have time for one group of message bored posters

I only have time for one group of message bored posters

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'S DRINKING TONIGHT!!@#!

You were part of an online community and decided that pastures were greener on the other side of the fence and left for a new board, it's only human for there to be some sort of resentment/negative feeling from those that you left, hate is way to strong a word and I don't think the resentment is all that strong after so many years but barbs from current posters are to be expected when you guys post here.

You were part of an online community and decided that pastures were greener on the other side of the fence and left for a new board, it's only human for there to be some sort of resentment/negative feeling from those that you left, hate is way to strong a word and I don't think the resentment is all that strong after so many years but barbs from current posters are to be expected when you guys post here.

Not sure that is "it". Some of them are good peoples, some of them are absolute dooshbags that I might pound to the pavement if we ever met in real life. When you step in and are a DB, its natural for people to feel a certain way about you (not YOU of course)

This, and the ever so often times they actively recruited others to LEAVE here and Go there. What do you think would happen if a FBG mod or something came over here and was trying to pull people away?

You'd be met with backlash. It's human nature. :dunno:

With that said I don't recall them coming over here and doing that in a long long time, so I really enjoy it when a lot of the old timers come back. It breathes some new life here and sometimes they are funny and entertaining. :thumbsup:

What is up with all the drama - did an estrogen bomb go off over FFToday headquarters? Who gives a fock who comes and goes? Some of those crying act like they invented this place - get over it.

What is up with all the drama - did an estrogen bomb go off over FFToday headquarters? Who gives a fock who comes and goes? Some of those crying act like they invented this place - get over it.

Agreed. But somebody did ask a question in the OP. Nothing wrong with simply answering it. :unsure:

Drama? A question was asked and it was answered

Put a Spoiler on the chit

They're cliquey and nerdy, but they don't bug me much. They're basically the high school band members of FFT.

They're cliquey and nerdy, but they don't bug me much. They're basically the high school band members of FFT.

They have far less talent than an average high school band.

Not sure that is "it". Some of them are good peoples, some of them are absolute dooshbags that I might pound to the pavement if we ever met in real life. When you step in and are a DB, its natural for people to feel a certain way about you (not YOU of course)

You seriously want to fight some of us? Other than gutter, who else?

Drama? A question was asked and it was answered

Put a Spoiler on the chit

The drama was in reference to this thread, and all the other angst recently generated by the recent return of a few..., Try and think big picture, if you can.

I think you guys stage this phony "war" because it's something the older set here can share that the newer people can't. It makes you feel more important. It's either that are you're seriously pissed because some posters post on other message boards. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

The drama was in reference to this thread, and all the other angst recently generated by the recent return of a few..., Try and think big picture, if you can.

Do you still have the note I left on your desk?

I think we have different opinions on what Drama is, big picture??, come on, this is a playground, I'm concentrating on the sandbox and the swings not what the moms are gossiping about.

I think you guys stage this phony "war" because it's something the older set here can share that the newer people can't. It makes you feel more important. It's either that are you're seriously pissed because some posters post on other message boards. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

No. It's because this place used to be much better. But so much blood has been lost. And instead of actually trying to hang out and be cool, you just do drive bys every so often.

I mean, I've taken my ball and gone home too. I did the DZ, the closet, etc. Cmon. It's been forever since you guys left. But stay or leave.

Do you still have the note I left on your desk?

Holy cow, I forgot about that. Ha, I did!

I think we have different opinions on what Drama is, big picture??, come on, this is a playground, I'm concentrating on the sandbox and the swings not what the moms are gossiping about.

Possible... I just think it's silly, and frankly embarrassing, that some of the current crop has its collective panties in a wad over a few of the legendary Silverbacks returning for a spell. You know as well as I do - things were just as good, if not better back in the late 90's when they were around... I think it's great to see them back - not sure why a few are so sour about it.

No. It's because this place used to be much better. But so much blood has been lost. And instead of actually trying to hang out and be cool, you just do drive bys every so often.

I mean, I've taken my ball and gone home too. I did the DZ, the closet, etc. Cmon. It's been forever since you guys left. But stay or leave.

Well every time we come back and hang out for a bit, we're usually met with a wave of anger and hatred and demands that we leave, so we just say fock this place again and go back.

The Sanctuary has lost a lot of people over the years, too. People just grow out of posting on message boards, it happens.

Holy cow, I forgot about that. Ha, I did!

CMT begged me to leave a note. So I danced like a little monkey.

I think I wrote something about you owing him FF money on the bottom. The guy bought me a Chimay, my hands were tied.

Possible... I just think it's silly, and frankly embarrassing, that some of the current crop has its collective panties in a wad over a few of the legendary Silverbacks returning for a spell. You know as well as I do - things were just as good, if not better back in the late 90's when they were around... I think it's great to see them back - not sure why a few are so sour about it.

I think that those that have issues with them coming back have expressed why in this thread, which is what TEK wanted, mission accomplished. I doubt any ill will would remain if they posted here with some regularity, time heals all, I think its the blitzkrieging and then disappearing only to return and repeat several months later that many find agitating, but that's just my take on it.

CMT begged me to leave a note. So I danced like a little monkey.

I think I wrote something about you owing him FF money on the bottom. The guy bought me a Chimay, my hands were tied.

You're not on the boat with him are you? :unsure:

You seriously want to fight some of us? Other than gutter, who else?

It will depend on what I am limited to, if I have to avoid a specific style, if prosecution could come into play where something like an eye is lost in the process. It's all relevant.

You're not on the boat with him are you? :unsure:

I focking wish. I'm freezing my balls off in Michigan.