Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Lamar Miller headed to Houston

I just finish our News blurb on Osweiler to Houston, suggesting the new QB could benefit from the addition of a stud RB like Miller and wham! It happens.

Looks like 4 years at $26mil with $14mil guaranteed. Houston just got a lot better on offense!

Well crap.. Elliot just might be the target now at #4 for Dallas.

Dallas got let without a chair. Man, a #4 for a RB is steep.

Well crap.. Elliot just might be the target now at #4 for Dallas.

Don't think there is any chance he goes that high.

Dallas got let without a chair. Man, a #4 for a RB is steep.

Extremely... Hopefully Will has the juice to keep Jerry from panicking and from keeping him from taking a Rb just for the sake of taking one... But seeing how we all thought for sure we'd draft one last year, then didn't take one at all period - maybe they feel the same strategy is order for this year.

Dallas should use #4 for QB and either sign CJ Anderson or trade for a guy like Hyde if SF grabs somebody else.

I can't see Dallas rolling with McFadden/Turbin or some collection of FA scrubs like Foster/Khiry/Powell/Hillman/

Dallas should use #4 for QB and either sign CJ Anderson or trade for a guy like Hyde if SF grabs somebody else.

I can't see Dallas rolling with McFadden/Turbin or some collection of FA scrubs like Foster/Khiry/Powell/Hillman/

I think it'd be a ballsy move by Dallas to draft Elliott. Draft to your strength, give Romo a weapon now, and cool the jets on that Giants pass rush that's coming. Who focking cares if it's too high for a RB? If this kid is half the player he's supposed to be, and that includes the best rookie RB pass protector in years, nobody will be talking about reaching when he produces huge numbers behind that line. The next great Cowboy RB, in the vein of Dorsett and Smith.

Or they could draft a DE or CB and do same old same old.

I don't know I think the cowboys need to find a Qb.

Well, I gotta think Millers stock is headed up.

hes running on a team with a solid D that is more committed to the run.

I dont think the line can be much worse than what Miller had to work with in Miami.

This has to be good for him and the fantasy owners who have him.

Well, I gotta think Millers stock is headed up.

hes running on a team with a solid D that is more committed to the run.

I dont think the line can be much worse than what Miller had to work with in Miami.

This has to be good for him and the fantasy owners who have him.

Maybe good for Nuk as well.

I don't know I think the cowboys need to find a Qb.

That's what a smart team that looks to the future would do. A dumb team would draft a RB despite having a QB on his last legs and end up being the Vikings with AP for the last ten years, a team with a great RB that was never a contender because their QBs suck.

Miller is going to be a HOT commodity come draft time. First rounder even? Definitely second round at least

Miller is going to be a HOT commodity come draft time. First rounder even? Definitely second round at least

Maybe. But there was a lot of hype on him last year, and he disappointed.

I think because of that, you may get him cheaper than you would expect.

I figure this will vary from league to league.

but playing on a team that has a decent line is a nice upgrade.

I really think Miami wanted to run the ball more, but that line just wasnt good enough. Then when the team fell behind they went back to the pass.

In Houston, they can afford to have a 3 and out because the D is strong enough to hold em. So they will run a lot more and Osweiler will likely be a game manager.

I also think the better line will be better for Osweilers efficiency as well. I see lots of play action in the future for this team.

This puts Miller in the ff rb top-5 imo. He never got consistent carries in Miami, which is what he thrives on. Add his ability outta the backfield.....and look out.

Maybe. But there was a lot of hype on him last year, and he disappointed.

I think because of that, you may get him cheaper than you would expect.

I figure this will vary from league to league.

but playing on a team that has a decent line is a nice upgrade.

I really think Miami wanted to run the ball more, but that line just wasnt good enough. Then when the team fell behind they went back to the pass.

In Houston, they can afford to have a 3 and out because the D is strong enough to hold em. So they will run a lot more and Osweiler will likely be a game manager.

I also think the better line will be better for Osweilers efficiency as well. I see lots of play action in the future for this team.

Doubt it. You had guys over drafting Players like Joseph Randle, Carlos Hyde, and Toby Gerhart in the 1st-3rd rounds without doing anything to prove themselves. So I can fully see people paying a 1st or 2nd round pick on me no problem

I don't see Miller as a top five rb , in the bottom half of the top twelve is where I would put him.

Doubt it. You had guys over drafting Players like Joseph Randle, Carlos Hyde, and Toby Gerhart in the 1st-3rd rounds without doing anything to prove themselves. So I can fully see people paying a 1st or 2nd round pick on me no problem

Some people can see talent and others can't. Lamar Miller is is not even in the same talent level discussion as the three you mention.

I traded for Lamar in both of my keeper leagues last season and I am giddy today with his landing spot.

I would not be shocked at all if Miller finishes the season as the #1RB in the ppr leagues I play in.

I don't see Miller as a top five rb , in the bottom half of the top twelve is where I would put him.

...and I pray that is the prevailing logic come draft time.

...and I pray that is the prevailing logic come draft time.

Amen brother makes two of us .

He finished 5th last season in my 0.5ppr league last year, at least partially due to injuries to key RBs. Don't see things being worse for him now.

He finished 5th last season in my 0.5ppr league last year, at least partially due to injuries to key RBs. Don't see things being worse for him now.

That's true, now if you also take a look at avg per game in ppr he ranked around 13 per game avg . So if some of those injures did not accure to to those other top Rbs he might not be in the top five in total points scored based on his 13 place per game avg .

This puts Miller in the ff rb top-5 imo. He never got consistent carries in Miami, which is what he thrives on. Add his ability outta the backfield.....and look out.

I tend to agree. I will be going after him aggressively, I'm just hoping I don't have to pay a king's ransom to do it.

Does Jay Ajayi become the featured back in Miami?

The Dolphins are hosting C.J. Anderson today...

The Dolphins are hosting C.J. Anderson today...

Ugh, I have Ajayi in a deep keeper. :wall:

Now that's the life and trouble times in fantasy football .

Now Anderson is in town .

Miller is going to win some people some :first: this year.

BTW, sold Ajayi for 1.5 about 2 weeks ago. Hope it turns out well for me.

That's a 'know your league' issue.

each league is different. And some people are more likely to risk their pick on the devil they dont know as compared to the devil they do.

and for the record, I would draft him as a high end RB2.

there isnt quite enough there to make me draft him as a RB1.

for me that would rank him likely between #10 and #15 RB on the board.

I understand there is upside, but anytime you switch teams there is also risk. He is playing on a team with a brand new QB who has 7 starts as a professional. If that QB doesnt pan out, teams will end up stacking the box to stop the run.

So while there is RB1 upside, there is also a downside risk as well here.

he is on the cusp of RB1 and RB2. Meaning if you draft him as a middling RB2 you will probably get good value for him. If you draft him as a low end RB1 you may not get the value you want out of your pick.

Miller is going to get Arian Foster numbers. Lots of catches and lots of yards. He will get 10 TDs total.

That is RB1 material. Talent and system. They gave blue 30+ carries, they will give Miller more.

He went to Houston because he wanted the ball I heard someone offered him more but couldnt promise the bellcow, Houston promised him Bellcow, from what i hear. My guess is that was Dallas, but why wouldnt they give him the bellcow roll, or was it Miami who wouldnt promise it but did offer a good bit?

and for the record, I would draft him as a high end RB2.

there isnt quite enough there to make me draft him as a RB1.

for me that would rank him likely between #10 and #15 RB on the board.

I understand there is upside, but anytime you switch teams there is also risk. He is playing on a team with a brand new QB who has 7 starts as a professional. If that QB doesnt pan out, teams will end up stacking the box to stop the run.

So while there is RB1 upside, there is also a downside risk as well here.

he is on the cusp of RB1 and RB2. Meaning if you draft him as a middling RB2 you will probably get good value for him. If you draft him as a low end RB1 you may not get the value you want out of your pick.

RB2? You think there are going to be at least 12 RBs in the league better than him? I highly doubt it.

He's an RB1, only question is if he's top 5.

RB2? You think there are going to be at least 12 RBs in the league better than him? I highly doubt it.

He's an RB1, only question is if he's top 5.

There is no way hes top 5.

10-12. that's my call.

I think it'd be a ballsy move by Dallas to draft Elliott. Draft to your strength, give Romo a weapon now, and cool the jets on that Giants pass rush that's coming. Who focking cares if it's too high for a RB? If this kid is half the player he's supposed to be, and that includes the best rookie RB pass protector in years, nobody will be talking about reaching when he produces huge numbers behind that line. The next great Cowboy RB, in the vein of Dorsett and Smith.

Or they could draft a DE or CB and do same old same old.

i think elliott is a good trade-down contingency in the event that picks 1-3 don't go as planned. for example, it would be mentally ill for the titans not to draft tunsil (and capitalizing on both the mariota and murray investments). so let's assume they don't. let's assume that the elite 3 defenders--ramsay, jack, and bosa--are off the board at 4. now DAL can trade down to something like 8-10, still almost certainly have elliott or wentz still on the board, and still be looking at a deep DL draft.

though it hasn't been mentioned, DAL's re-signing of claiborne is very draft-relevant. with the added CB depth, they are no longer forced to draft ramsay if he is on the board (though i still think it's their best pick). this opens the door a little wider for elliott.

There is no way hes top 5.

10-12. that's my call.

:nono: :doh: :rolleyes:

Yes there is a way he is Top 5, he was Top 5 last year in my PPR for RBs on a team who was famous for not giving him the ball.

...and now he goes to a team where he will get more carries but he will finish worse than he has the past 2 years?

He has not finished outside the Top 10 on limited carries in 2 years for a team that did not utilize him the way he will for the Texans.

This is why I shake my head at some of the things people say around here.

You are allowed to have "your call" but its not a wise one.

Yes there is a way he is Top 5, he was Top 5 last year in my PPR for RBs on a team who was famous for not giving him the ball.

...and now he goes to a team where he will get more carries but he will finish worse than he has the past 2 years?

He has not finished outside the Top 10 on limited carries in 2 years for a team that did not utilize him the way he will for the Texans.

Shhhhhh, let people think that. Will help out immensely come draft day :ninja:

• Like 1

The one knock on Miller is exactly what you keep referencing, the fact he hasn't proven himself in extensive action. Will he hold up? I personally think he can, but the question can't be ignored with the certainty you give it.

Houston has also made some moves on the offensive line, which is already pretty good. That defense should keep games close, giving Miller the opportunities. He caught 50 passes last year, no doubt they'll keep him busy out of the backfield down there. Finally, I like the guy because he doesn't fumble, averaging one every 140 carries. That's pretty good. Not sure about top five overall, he'll be battling a team mate for that feat as well. But top five RB? Most definitely.

The one knock on Miller is exactly what you keep referencing, the fact he hasn't proven himself in extensive action. Will he hold up? I personally think he can, but the question can't be ignored with the certainty you give it.

Houston has also made some moves on the offensive line, which is already pretty good. That defense should keep games close, giving Miller the opportunities. He caught 50 passes last year, no doubt they'll keep him busy out of the backfield down there. Finally, I like the guy because he doesn't fumble, averaging one every 140 carries. That's pretty good. Not sure about top five overall, he'll be battling a team mate for that feat as well. But top five RB? Most definitely.

Yes it can, because he has stayed healthy.

Trying to predict injuries is always comedy in my eyes? :lol:

Oh, and he finished Top 5 over all this past year, but people will just throw David Johnson up there? smh

Yes it can, because he has stayed healthy.

Trying to predict injuries is always comedy in my eyes? :lol:

Oh, and he finished Top 5 over all this past year, but people will just throw David Johnson up there? smh

Glad I could amuse you. Thought I'd engage in a lucid and open minded discussion, but in hindsight will adjust accordingly.

• Like 1