Whats left for them now?

Foster?

Starks?

A.Morris?

J.Kearse?

R.Randle?

M.Wallace?

or just draft rookies?

I really just dont understand their approach to receivers. It can only make Bradys job easier to have more quality to throw to

Best organization in the NFL , I'm not going to question their methods.

I agree they need to give Brady more help and depth especially as he gets older.

I mean they still have Gronk, Edelman, maybe Amendola but after that its a mess at WR and those guys are all BIG injury risks.

Keyshawn Martin is meh. Thought he'd be cut as soon as he muffed that punt in the playoffs.

D.Lewis and Blount MIGHT be healthy enough in week 1 but who knows.

Keyshawn Martin is meh. Thought he'd be cut as soon as he muffed that punt in the playoffs.

Chris Harper. Martin was solid.

The Patriots would rather spend money on digital recording software than a shiny free agent that will likely loaf it for the next few years.

Patriots signed Chris Hogan to an offer sheet and the Bills will be hard pressed to match it.

Man, Belichek really likes his WR's to be WHITE and FRAGILE

Pats are one of the few smart franchises that know better than to overspend on the first two days of free agency

• Like 1

Josh Gordon to Pats is all they need!

These prices are ridiculous so NE is staying out of the market.

They were interest in Sanu and Marvin Jones.

Sanu gets $6.5 million per year from the Falcons. WTF? Dude has never even sniffed a 1,000 yard season! He had all of 33 catches and 400 yards last year!

Marvin Jones gets $8 million per year from the Lions. Look I like Marvin Jones but he also has never had a 1,000 yard season and has had some injury issues to boot. Looked like he could really blossom after the 2013 season but he never really did, only the lions are paying like he did.

Yeah I'd stay out of that market too. Can't be too cheap (sometime the Pats are) but you also can't be wildly irresponsible

Sanu gets $6.5 million per year from the Falcons. WTF? Dude has never even sniffed a 1,000 yard season! He had all of 33 catches and 400 yards last year!

Marvin Jones gets $8 million per year from the Lions. Look I like Marvin Jones but he also has never had a 1,000 yard season and has had some injury issues to boot. Looked like he could really blossom after the 2013 season but he never really did, only the lions are paying like he did.

Yeah I'd stay out of that market too. Can't be too cheap (sometime the Pats are) but you also can't be wildly irresponsible

Matthews got 5 mill per year from the Titans. Thats a deal

I think that was their plan all along. They don't really have much by way of their own FA's that they need to re-sign this year. However, they have a bunch for next year and I see them doing some deals with them once they get some Tier II guys in. They are going to kick tires on some veteran RB's and WR's, but are not going to spend much at all.

They need to do some work on the line, but the reality is that this FA group is just not that strong. Combined with the amount of money that some teams have to spend, it makes for some crazy contracts. It is better to sit on the sidelines and let the dust settle a bit.

I think that was their plan all along. They don't really have much by way of their own FA's that they need to re-sign this year. However, they have a bunch for next year and I see them doing some deals with them once they get some Tier II guys in. They are going to kick tires on some veteran RB's and WR's, but are not going to spend much at all.

They need to do some work on the line, but the reality is that this FA group is just not that strong. Combined with the amount of money that some teams have to spend, it makes for some crazy contracts. It is better to sit on the sidelines and let the dust settle a bit.

Have the Patriots made a big splashy FA signing in the Belichick/Kraft era? The biggest ones i can remember were Roosevelt Colvin, Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison, and the only one of those who was in their prime when they signed was Colvin. Theyve had other guys who turned out to be great signings like Mike Vrable andRob Ninkovich, but neither of them were exactly household names when they signed.

Have the Patriots made a big splashy FA signing in the Belichick/Kraft era? The biggest ones i can remember were Roosevelt Colvin, Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison, and the only one of those who was in their prime when they signed was Colvin. Theyve had other guys who turned out to be great signings like Mike Vrable andRob Ninkovich, but neither of them were exactly household names when they signed.

Adalius Thomas. And that didn't really work out

Holy sh*t i forgot about that guy. I remember being so psyched about him....changed my avatar on the Patriots bored i posted at at the time to the home security ADT sign and everything.

http://emergencyteam.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/adt.png

Yeah it was a major coup when they got him. And it worked for the infamous 2007 season but then he turned in to a malcontent :thumbsdown:

Darrelle Revis anyone? And the Randy Moss trade was essentially a FA pick up. They re-did his contract after getting him.

Corey Dillon?

I really just dont understand their approach to receivers. It can only make Bradys job easier to have more quality to throw to

Yeah - why not give the guy a few actual weapons? The smurf WRs are cute and all but they seem to NOT be around in bigger games. Or they play badly in those games. Gronk is the only true threat NE has, IMO.

Yeah - why not give the guy a few actual weapons? The smurf WRs are cute and all but they seem to NOT be around in bigger games. Or they play badly in those games. Gronk is the only true threat NE has, IMO.

Gronk and Edelman are both weapons and they are both underpaid by league standards. In addition to the tough decisions on defense for extensions (Jones, Hightower, Collins and Butler), they need to save some money to redo some of their deals. Edelman, for example, is getting paid less than Amendola. Gronk just got a nice bonus that was picked up, but he is getting less than guys like Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen.

Gronk and Edelman are both weapons and they are both underpaid by league standards. In addition to the tough decisions on defense for extensions (Jones, Hightower, Collins and Butler), they need to save some money to redo some of their deals. Edelman, for example, is getting paid less than Amendola. Gronk just got a nice bonus that was picked up, but he is getting less than guys like Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen.

Edelman is solid but again....these little "dink" WRs never seem to stick. I dunno. I dont trust them. Gronk is a horse and they should pay him whatever. I just think NE would love to have a true big-target WR out there. Sometimes when the offense does sputter and people arent getting open you wonder if a top-tier WR might be able to break free and get open?

I think that if they wanted to get a true big target they would have . Based on the success they have been having without one why would feel the need to spend the money . So far it's not broke .

Albert Haynesworth was more a cannonball than a big splashy... but then again the splashy would have been big... :dunno:

Edelman is solid but again....these little "dink" WRs never seem to stick. I dunno. I dont trust them. Gronk is a horse and they should pay him whatever. I just think NE would love to have a true big-target WR out there. Sometimes when the offense does sputter and people arent getting open you wonder if a top-tier WR might be able to break free and get open?

I think they would love a big target. The problem is that they don't have the desire to use big cap dollars on that. They don't want to spend their cap dollars on a high priced WR

Pats are one of the few smart franchises that know better than to overspend on the first two days of free agency

yes.

agreed.

I dont like the pats, but I've never once seen them throw a stupid amount of money at a player that wasnt worth it.

I think Belicheck really believes in his talent evaluators, and Likes to train people up 'His way'

So he would rather find a player with good raw talent and train him to do things the way he likes it. Big players with bigger egos dont work as well for him as he needs to break em down before building them back up. Unfortunately, sometimes the player doesnt survive that process and gets cut. If hes gonna work this method, might as well work it with talented players who maybe havnt worked out elsewhere or young players they draft with the plan to develop them.

I suspect that they have acquired all the Receivers they need for the moment.

My bet is they will draft one (maybe two) more, and sign another value Free agent to come to camp.

Good thing about having a QB like Brady.... he can make ordinary players look good. The pats will be fine. I can assure you of that.

I suspect that they have acquired all the Receivers they need for the moment.

My bet is they will draft one (maybe two) more, and sign another value Free agent to come to camp.

Good thing about having a QB like Brady.... he can make ordinary players look good. The pats will be fine. I can assure you of that.

they need to keep amendola, hope they dont cut him when they need him for some other scrub they think they can make good.

i just want to know why you speak with such certainty in every discussion. the pats will be fine? if brady gets suspended will they be fine? if gronk gets hurt, will they be fine? can you assure me no one will get hurt and they will be fine?

speaking with such certainty that someone will or wont do something is not always justified.

they need to keep amendola, hope they dont cut him when they need him for some other scrub they think they can make good.

i just want to know why you speak with such certainty in every discussion. the pats will be fine? if brady gets suspended will they be fine? if gronk gets hurt, will they be fine? can you assure me no one will get hurt and they will be fine?

speaking with such certainty that someone will or wont do something is not always justified.

Well you can't say anything with certainty but when a team has been killing it for 15 years it's probably a fair bet :dunno:

Well you can't say anything with certainty but when a team has been killing it for 15 years it's probably a fair bet :dunno:

There are never any guarantees in life (and especially not in fantasy football).

While I dont like the Pats organization, I do respect what they have accomplished.

I have learned it is unwise to bet against the Patriots.

The organization has a way of making the right call at the right time.

I know sooner or later the wheels will fall off the Brady wagon(he is 38 after all....) , but I have a sneaking suspicion that he has at least one more good year in him.

I hope he doesnt, but I suspect I'll be disappointed.

brady has more than a few years left he is not slowing down he seems healthy as anyone and on top of his game. the suspension could put them behind the 8 ball with not having brady for 4 games and then to start clicking may take a game or two. if the patriots dont play at home in the playoffs they tend to lose. thats provided he gets suspended and based of the "experts" they believe its highly possible.

Peyton Manning threw for 55 touchdowns a couple of years ago. They go fast.

Peyton Manning threw for 55 touchdowns a couple of years ago. They go fast.

i wont disagree, but brady hasnt had neck surgery or nerve damage to his neck and arm. or that we know of.

to discuss that aspect we have to consider the health of the two.

i wont disagree, but brady hasnt had neck surgery or nerve damage to his neck and arm. or that we know of.

to discuss that aspect we have to consider the health of the two.

QBs can last a while. Especially ones without surgery like Peyton had.

The real problem with players over the age of 35, is that they seem more prone to injury.

My bet is that injuries will kill Brady before his skill level fades.

unfortunately that is something that nobody can predict. But that may also be one of the reasons the pats made that trade to upgrade the line. It was not only a cap move, but also a move to cut down on the hits Brady has to take.

when you consider the Cash cow Brady has been (Metaphorically) it makes sense to protect him.