edjr

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

They have bound to have some more blunders since 1995... Geno Smith comes to mind...

They have bound to have some more blunders since 1995... Geno Smith comes to mind...

Any team taking a West Vagina player deserves to be mocked, especially a WVU quarter back....same thing for Vagina Tech too.....

Any team taking a West Vagina player deserves to be mocked, especially a WVU quarter back....same thing for Vagina Tech too.....

Man you have a serious hatred for WVU and Virginia Tech... Did they kick your puppies or something?

FB - Roger Vick :wacko:

Man you have a serious hatred for WVU and Virginia Tech... Did they kick your puppies or something?

Their fans are among the worst dooshbags I have ever met.

They recruit gimmick players and pretend to be a real football team.

VaTech is prolly the worst, they pretend to be the sh!t when they have what....one nation championship, ever? In rifling or something....puhleeze....

WVU is thug-central, redneck hell....so yeah, I have a certain disdain for them....

okay, first of all every team makes very bad draft picks at some point.

this is a popular clip but then of course no one remembers Pennington, John Abraham, Brick, Mangold, Revis, Wilkerson, Richardson, Williams last year, Shaun Ellis, Pryor looks good,

Jets have simply made some blunders at tight end and QB, although really Geno never should have been starting from the get go.

My whole family, except me, are Penn state grads and I went to many Penn state football games growing up. I am not a Penn state fan but I follow them by default. Hackenberg was an awful pick, he will be very lucky to approach the level of success of Ryan leaf or JaMarcus rusell.

My whole family, except me, are Penn state grads and I went to many Penn state football games growing up. I am not a Penn state fan but I follow them by default. Hackenberg was an awful pick, he will be very lucky to approach the level of success of Ryan leaf or JaMarcus rusell.

Did you grow up in PA? If so, where abouts? I was born and raised in Wilkes-Barre, which is in the NE part of the state and the ugly step-city to Scranton, as in The Office. :lol:

I got family up in Pittsburg. My cousins down here in SC all pull for every Penn team.

okay, first of all every team makes very bad draft picks at some point.

this is a popular clip but then of course no one remembers Pennington, John Abraham, Brick, Mangold, Revis, Wilkerson, Richardson, Williams last year, Shaun Ellis, Pryor looks good,

Jets have simply made some blunders at tight end and QB, although really Geno never should have been starting from the get go.

So 9 good players ever? As a Bears fan i can partially sympathize because they havent been any better than the Jets. But there is really no denying that the Jets are flat out bad.

This draft has been pretty attrocious for them. I hated the Bears first pick but i do think they made solid choices for the next two.

Did you grow up in PA? If so, where abouts? I was born and raised in Wilkes-Barre, which is in the NE part of the state and the ugly step-city to Scranton, as in The Office. :lol:

I lived for a short time in the altoona - Johnstown area. I mostly great up in the west though. My parents moved away.

I might of had a Keystone or two in Scranton on a few road trips.

So 9 good players ever? As a Bears fan i can partially sympathize because they havent been any better than the Jets. But there is really no denying that the Jets are flat out bad.

This draft has been pretty attrocious for them. I hated the Bears first pick but i do think they made solid choices for the next two.

I named players only in the 2000s and did a short list off the top of my head. If you did a complete in depth comparison to every other team I bet they would be pretty even. Sure they never found a brady but most teams dont.

Also if we are talking beyond the draft the Jets have been a team with a playoff appearance rate of roughly 50 percent since the Parcells era which is a lot better than a lot of teams can say. Including 3 trips to conference titles.

The draft was always in new York and the jets were always the red headed step team of the city so a lot of their bad picks were magnified

Also I disagree on this draft. I really like the two linebackers they got although if it had been me making the 20th pick, I would have gone with Jack. The upside is too great. Jacksonville got a steal.

Some more picks that turned out very good (at least while they were Jets) off the top of my head include David Harris, Vilma, Bilal Powell, Brad Smith, Kerry rhodes, cotchery, santana moss, lav coles...

Pre 2000 Jason Fabini was rock solid, so was randy thomas (we seem to be good at drafting o line), Jason ferguson, Aaron glenn, marvin jones, MO lewis.

Not saying it's been amazing but it's not as bad as people make it out to be

Nah not me

:lol:  good game yesterday. Solid coaching. Great young QB you got there. :doh: 

Another great draft pick. Holy hell. You think the blind squirrel would find a nut. 

Laughing stock

5 hours ago, edjr said:

Another great draft pick. Holy hell. You think the blind squirrel would find a nut. 

Laughing stock

And we lost to that shiithole Patriots team you’re always whining about 😂 

Awful 

6 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

And we lost to that shiithole Patriots team you’re always whining about 😂 

Awful 

Twice. Bigly sad. The NFL ain't good man. 49ers vs KC in the Super Bowl?

The 15 worst Patriots draft picks of the Bill Belichick era

15. OT Adrian Klemm (second round, 2000)

The first draft pick of the Belichick/Scott Pioli era was a disappointment as a player, as he was unable to shake a myriad of injuries (leg, elbow, ankle, and foot) that limited him to only 10 career starts. To his credit, he’s found an excellent second stage of his football life, going on to work as an offensive line coach with the Steelers.

14. WR Aaron Dobson (second round, 2013)

One of three wide receivers on this list who wore the No. 17 (coincidence?) Dobson was taken 59th overall as part of a pretty good draft that included Jamie Collins, Logan Ryan, and Duron Harmon. And while he had more good games that you probably remember (five catches for 130 yards and a pair of touchdowns in his rookie year against the Steelers), he never seemed to display a sense of urgency in important moments. He ended up playing three years with the Patriots, and caught 53 passes for 698 yards and four touchdowns. One thing that surprised me? He’s only 29.

13. DB Jordan Richards (second round, 2015)

Let me make this really clear: it’s my belief Richards was overdrafted and thrown into situations where he wasn’t able to execute. (Oftentimes, those missteps came on the big stage, which only magnified the fact that he was overmatched.) If Richards was a Day Three choice, the level of expectation would be lessened, and he probably wouldn’t be on this list. But as a second-round pick, his career fell way short of expectations.

12. LB Jermaine Cunningham (second round, 2010)

The 53rd overall player taken that spring (one of three Florida Gators), Cunningham washed out quickly with the Patriots. Kicked around a bit after he was let go by New England, including a brief stint with the Jets.

11. OLB Shawn Crable (third round, 2008)

The outside linebacker, taken 78th overall, was projected as the next great young pass rusher, a long and lean guy projected to be in the mold of Willie McGinest. But the Michigan product struggled to stay healthy in his relatively short NFL career. He played in six games in 2010, finishing with four tackles (two solo) and 0.5 sacks.

10. QB Kevin O’Connell (third round, 2008)

O’Connell was arguably the first quarterback drafted in the Tom Brady era that had a legitimate shot at developing as a legit NFL signal-caller. But by his own admission, he was complacent and didn’t study like he should have. It ended in just two games, with him going 4-for-6 for 23 yards. A few years ago, O’Connell expressed regret that he didn’t take advantage of the situation like he should have. Like Klemm, he’s had a great second act as a coach — he’s the Rams’ offensive coordinator.

9. DB Cyrus Jones (second round, 2016)

Everything was pointing in the right direction: Jones played for noted Belichick bud Nick Saban at Alabama, and he had a special teams background as a returner. Golden, right? Sadly, Jones never seemed to fit with the Patriots. He spent a season-plus with New England and was an adventure as a returner. He ended his career with the Ravens.

8. DB Ras-I Dowling (second round, 2011)

Dowling was taken with the first pick of the second round — 33rd overall — but never seemed to click in New England, playing just nine games in two seasons. Making the choice all the more painful was the recent revelation the Patriots were thinking about taking Richard Sherman at the spot, but opted for Dowling instead. Ouch.

7. CB Terrence Wheatley (second round, 2008)

The Patriots signed or drafted roughly 423 defensive backs between 2007 and 2009 in hopes of trying to find the right combination in the secondary. Wheatley wasn’t necessarily better or worse than any of them, but just seemed to embody their inability to draft and/or develop anyone at the position for those three years.

Wheatley had a respectable rookie year as part of a cornerback rotation, but suffered a wrist injury and soon fell off the radar. He struggled to see the field in 2009, and then was injured again in the preseason the following year, which ultimately led to his release during the season. The Patriots would eventually find the right formula in the secondary — they added Devin McCourty, Logan Ryan, Duron Harmon, and Malcolm Butler between 2010 and 2014 — but it took them a while to get there.

6. WR Taylor Price (third round, 2010)

The 2010 draft was chock full of success stories for the Patriots: McCourty, Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Spikes, etc. Price, taken 90th overall, wasn’t one of those. He played in six games in the NFL and caught five passes. You know when I knew he wasn’t long for Foxborough? A year after he was drafted, he had a series of apparent scratches. I asked Brady about Price’s development and how close he might be to seeing the field. Instead of taking the opportunity to pump the tires of a young receiver and speaking glowingly about his future, Brady downshifted and said something about “how we all have to do better.” Shortly after that, he was waived by the Patriots.

5. OT Kenyatta Jones (fourth round, 2001)

Jones’s career started promisingly enough — 18 starts in his first two seasons. But after offseason knee surgery between the 2002 and 2003 seasons, a wild off-field run began, one that included an arrest for allegedly assaulting his roommate with scalding water in 2003. The Patriots released him soon after that, and in later years, he was charged with possession of a concealed firearm and resisting arrest. In March 2008, he was arrested (while playing in the Arena Football League) after police said he tried to urinate on the dance floor at a club called The Blue Martini in Tampa, Fla. In July 2008, he was also picked up in a drug sweep in Tampa.

4. DL Dominique Easley (first round, 2014)

Easley was positioned as the next Vince Wilfork when he was drafted; his college tape had fans drooling. At the University of Florida, he was capable of shedding double teams, while also being nimble enough to generate pressure. While there were flashes of that as a rookie, knee issues — which caused him to drop — left him on the shelf for large portions of the 2014 and 2015 seasons. He was released in April 2016. He’s had a decent second act with the Rams, but his performance has certainly fallen short of expectations.

3. WR/KR Bethel Johnson (second round, 2003)

Johnson had terrific straight-line speed but could never really put it all together in his relatively short stint in New England. The 45th pick in the 2003 draft was absolutely electric at times — he returned a pair of kicks for touchdowns and averaged 15 yards a reception — but drove teammates and coaches nutty with his inconsistencies. He had a really good rookie year, averaging a whopping 28 yards per return on kickoffs, one of the top seasonal marks in franchise history. But there were just too many busted plays to count, especially on offense. He was traded to New Orleans in 2005 for another underachiever in Jonathan Sullivan, and bounced from the Saints to the Vikings to the Eagles to the Texans. He spent the 2007 season out of football, and in 2008, a brief comeback with the CFL’s Toronto Argonauts ended after four months when he was released.

2. RB Laurence Maroney (first round, 2006)

Everyone has a Maroney story: There was the fact that, after the Patriots drafted Maroney ahead of Joseph Addai, Peyton Manning texted Brady and said “You got our running back.” There was the time when Maroney compared the New England stable of running backs to the cartoon “Voltron.” Or showed up with a necklace with a Kool-Aid man pendant in diamonds, a nod to his nickname .

But the genial running back always simply seemed content with the fact that he had simply made it to the NFL. And with the way that Belichick and the Patriots cycle through running backs, that complacency will ultimately doom your career in New England. The truth is Maroney had fair seasons in 2006 and 2007 if he was a mid- to late-round pick, but just over 1,500 yards over two seasons isn’t the kind of production you’re looking for from a first-round running back. (There was also the maddening tendency to run East-West as opposed to North-South, which did nothing to endear him to fans.) He was dealt to the Broncos in 2009.

1. WR Chad Jackson (second round, 2006)

Everything was in place for Jackson to be a breakout star in New England — the 6-foot-1, 223-pounder was a Florida star under Belichick pal Urban Meyer. He had great footwork and agility and excellent straight-line speed. The Patriots traded a second- and third-round pick to the Packers to go up and get him. But in 14 NFL regular-season games with the Patriots, the 36th overall choice had 13 catches for 152 yards. Jackson seemed to see the writing on the wall in the months before he was let go by the Patriots: In an interview with reporters the summer before he was cut loose, he was asked if he had any advice for future rookie receivers in the New England system. His reply? “Yes. Don’t get hurt.”

17 hours ago, edjr said:

Laughing stock

Shocked that edjr actually remembered a thread he started six years ago...

5 minutes ago, posty said:

Shocked that edjr actually remembered a thread he started six years ago...

:first:     (I knew I made it, just had to take the time to search)

I bet if I look hard enough there are others with this same title. 

54 minutes ago, edjr said:

:first:     (I knew I made it, just had to take the time to search)

I bet if I look hard enough there are others with this same title. 

:pointstosky:

6 hours ago, craftsman said:

RB Laurence Maroney (first round, 2006)

Me in 2008

Belicheat avoids first round busts by avoiding first round picks :lol:

I can't help but get sucked into Jets talk :D

Look, I wasn't very high on the Zach Wilson pick when they made it. He seemed eerily similar to Mark Sanchez (pretty boy, kind of immature for the NFL, let alone NY market). I never wanted Darnold either, I couldn't believe they traded up for him. I wanted them to stay put and take Josh Allen... although 90% chance they would have ruined Josh Allen under that regime. 

But a lot of what the current regime is doing has me excited for the first time since the Rex era. We fleeced the Seahawks and Panthers in separate trades and aside from Bechton and probably Wilson, they have drafted very well.  Elijah Moore, Vera-Tucker, Michael Carter, Michael Carter II, Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall... Jermaine Johnson and Michael Clemons both look promising. 

It's  a tough call right now with Zach Wilson. I think there are 3 reasons you would bench him.

1. You simply want to see how he reacts from a maturity and leadership standpoint. (this can be combined with either of the next two reasons)

2. You think Joe Flacco is enough to get you into the playoffs and maybe surprise some people behind the defense and run game. 

3. You think Mike White has some sort of potential to be an out of nowhere franchise QB.

Otherwise, what's the point? You've already likely played yourself out of a meaningful first round pick to replace him with Young, Stroud or Levis. Wilson is in year 2 but has only played in 20 games. In terms of NFL starts he is just beginning his sophomore campaign. Unfortunately it's tough for me to defend him because emotionally he seems like a child. 

I have a bad feeling that the Jets will decide their defense is championship caliber, their run game will be 49ers level with a healthy Hall and AVT, and we are going to end up with Derek Carr or Jimmy G or someone in that territory as yet another veteran reclamation project. Yeah, it worked with Vinny Testaverde all those years ago but all the top talent on the team is young enough to still be ascending if we can take another crack at a young franchise QB. :dunno:

I gotta believe one of these exists for the Lions as well. For every Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders there are numerous Harringtons, charles rodgers, mike williams (USC), andre ware, etc.  Not to mention several first round TE busts.

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Seems like he should have to actually be good to be that much of a dbag. Lordy.

It's amazing. Their offense scored 3 points. "Not my fault."

I think I read the Jets may not start him this week.

14 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Belicheat avoids first round busts by avoiding first round picks :lol:

Flacco should be playing right now. Isn't winning most important? They should be 8 and 2

So this week in Jets infamy, Sam Darnold gets a start for the Panthers and Zac Wilson will be inactive. Oh the humanity! 

Gonna say Wilson is a bust after that display and not owning up to it . i saw 2 of the passes that were purely 100% his fault and they were easy passes. 

Seems the coaching staff is punishing him and rightfully so. Mike White is a good QB. He has performed way better than Wilson so far in his career but when you are not a 1st rd pick, you must be phenomenal in order to keep the job. See Heinecke. He's doing really good but a couple of mistakes and the calls for wentz will begin even though it's painfully obvious Heinicke is the superior QB.

4 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Gonna say Wilson is a bust after that display and not owning up to it . i saw 2 of the passes that were purely 100% his fault and they were easy passes. 

Seems the coaching staff is punishing him and rightfully so. Mike White is a good QB. He has performed way better than Wilson so far in his career but when you are not a 1st rd pick, you must be phenomenal in order to keep the job. See Heinecke. He's doing really good but a couple of mistakes and the calls for wentz will begin even though it's painfully obvious Heinicke is the superior QB.

:thumbsup:    if Mac Jones were not a 1st round pick,. he would have lost his job to Zappe

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, edjr said:

Flacco should be playing right now. Isn't winning most important? They should be 8 and 2

If you’re going to bench Wilson after 20 games in the NFL it should be for Flacco, not White imho. 

my biggest issue is that next season you’re going to see a Carr or Jimmy G under center and that may be fine for 2-3 seasons but will be bad for the long term sustainability of this team that has so much young talent.