edjr

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

5 hours ago, edjr said:

:thumbsup:    if Mac Jones were not a 1st round pick,. he would have lost his job to Zappe

Absolutely. Zappe is superior.

Didn’t Bellicheck go with a sixth rounder over the first pick in the draft once upon a time? He’s still in charge, right? 

On 11/23/2022 at 7:19 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Didn’t Bellicheck go with a sixth rounder over the first pick in the draft once upon a time? He’s still in charge, right? 

BB had 9 years of watching Bledslow. 

On 11/23/2022 at 5:19 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Brady replace Bledsoe after Bledsoe was hurt.

26 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Brady replace Bledsoe after Bledsoe was hurt.

And then Bledsoe wasn’t hurt and he still chose Brady. Bledsoe came off the bench early in the AFC championship vs Pittsburgh and won. BB still went with Brady in the SB. There was much talk that he should go with Bledsoe after that. Most of it from Patriot fans. 

Will they do the right thing and keep White at QB?

18 minutes ago, edjr said:

Will they do the right thing and keep White at QB?

Yep. He's never had a real chance to show what he can do. They are in the hunt for a playoff spot. Rooting for him to get them to the playoffs and sign a deal with a new team. The Broncos need a QB. All they have is a pile of sh1t wearing a  helmet. White was highly touted out of WKU but ended up drafted by the Cowboys which was a bad place to be. Then they cut him and no one thought him worthy.

Texans could use him but they will probably draft the next russell wilson. 

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

Mike White > Zappa > Mac Jones

Fixed

The Great White Hope

I was VERY impressed with Mike as well

Yes, Mike White will continue to start, although I have had my suspicions that some in the organization are assuming he will turn into a pumpkin, as he did quickly in 2021, especially with games coming up against the Vikings and Bills and it will be the easy way to get Zach Wilson back on the field. 

As a fan, I hope i'm wrong and he runs away with the job but lets be honest... he had a chance to show what he could do last season. Everyone remembers the 400 yard game against the Bengals but forgets he was 1-2 as the starter with 5 TDs and 8 INTs. Yeah, it's a small sample size but there's been no reason to think he is anyone's franchise QB. 300 yards 3 scores with no picks was very impressive. I liked what I saw, even if it was against the Bears. So I hope he keeps the job, the Jets make the playoffs and the fan base can be happy but I sort of expect to see Jimmy G in green next year. 

Every time the jets have a bust at QB I think back to when the Jets had the number one pick and Peyton Manning decided to stay in school. Timing is everything. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Yes, Mike White will continue to start, although I have had my suspicions that some in the organization are assuming he will turn into a pumpkin, as he did quickly in 2021, especially with games coming up against the Vikings and Bills and it will be the easy way to get Zach Wilson back on the field. 

As a fan, I hope i'm wrong and he runs away with the job but lets be honest... he had a chance to show what he could do last season. Everyone remembers the 400 yard game against the Bengals but forgets he was 1-2 as the starter with 5 TDs and 8 INTs. Yeah, it's a small sample size but there's been no reason to think he is anyone's franchise QB. 300 yards 3 scores with no picks was very impressive. I liked what I saw, even if it was against the Bears. So I hope he keeps the job, the Jets make the playoffs and the fan base can be happy but I sort of expect to see Jimmy G in green next year. 

The problem in the NFL is that if you are not a 1st round pick, you rarely get to become Kurt Warner. The 1st round bust gets to keep flinging INTs and making bad decisions, game after game. If you are a running QB, you can mask your ineptitude early in your career, RG3 among others. It is infinitely harder to play drop back NFL QB than it is to take off running after the 1st read. It takes time to master being a drop back passer. Anyone with some speed can be a QB that takes off running. Look how long it has taken Geno and he's got some coaches that are playing to his strengths. 

The late round pick gets 1 shot and if he has 1 bad game, it's over. Gardner Minshew should be starting in the NFL.

9 minutes ago, lod001 said:

The problem in the NFL is that if you are not a 1st round pick, you rarely get to become Kurt Warner. The 1st round bust gets to keep flinging INTs and making bad decisions, game after game. If you are a running QB, you can mask your ineptitude early in your career, RG3 among others. It is infinitely harder to play drop back NFL QB than it is to take off running after the 1st read. It takes time to master being a drop back passer. Anyone with some speed can be a QB that takes off running. Look how long it has taken Geno and he's got some coaches that are playing to his strengths. 

The late round pick gets 1 shot and if he has 1 bad game, it's over. Gardner Minshew should be starting in the NFL.

I agree with most of what you're saying.. I am very familiar with Geno who was a space cadet when the Jets drafted him. I believe his situation is one of simple maturity and the luck to get another shot after 9-10 years in the league. 

Of course the 1st round bust gets to keep flinging it because he cost the franchise more, both in terms of $$ and opportunity cost. I watched Mike White in person. The performance on the field doesn't suggest franchise QB... but I understand he just started his 4th game in the NFL. I am more than willing to see what we have in him. As much as I am not a fan of Zach Wilson, I think people forget that he has only started 20 games in the NFL. From a games played/started standpoint, he is basically just starting off his 2nd season and he did not get the benefit of learning behind some solid veteran guys like Mike White maybe got to do and like Geno got to do with the Giants and Seahawks. 

I'm not beating the drum for anyone. I think the Jets are in a tough situation with all the young talent they have coming together right now. Knowing this organization and Woody Johnson, I fully expect Jimmy G (and lord I hope not Derek Carr) to be starting in 2023 with Zach Wilson behind them. 

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Every time the jets have a bust at QB I think back to when the Jets had the number one pick and Peyton Manning decided to stay in school. Timing is everything. 

Stay in school, kids. Or you could end up on the Jets.

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Not bad. 😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dogcows said:

:first: