Sign in to follow this  
nobody

My first cut of the top 11 rookie RBs and pass catchers

Bare with me. Did this on my phone waiting for a show to buffer on tv. Just wanted to get something down. This list is more for a deep keeper than a true dynasty. Ie, there's a bit more of a premium on players that will produce right away, but if I think a guy is good enough to be really good eventually, I'd be willing to stash him.

Zeke

Doctson - only has to get through garçon and he's probably gone.

Kenneth Dixon - a tad undersized, but has a lot of tools and not a lot of competition in a trestman offense.

CJ Prosise - a little bit of a project and in a weird and crowded backfield, but I think he's got amazing upside potential.

Michael Thomas (NO)- great situation and decent talent.

Davontae Booker - he's supposed to be pretty good. Who knows which cj Anderson we're going to get, and I'm convinced hillman ain't that good.

Coleman - stuck in cleveland with 4 other rookies WRs, maybe Gordon and no one else. Seriously, they drafted 5 receivers.

Treadwell - Keyshawn Johnson lite on a team that doesn't throw the ball

Paul Perkins - on what should be a good offense, and really only has Jennings in his way.

Jordan Howard - big bad dude only has to contend with the underwhelming langford.

Tyler Boyd - the 2nd receiver in cincy has value, so maybe he can do something.

Others receiving consideration - hunter henry, sterling sheppard, Alex collins, Derrick henry.

Where is this idea Garçon is getting released coming from. It's certainly not local news I've heard from DC. The Skins will not have cap issues necessitating that move.

Thanks. My only question is. Why did you pick 11?

Where is this idea Garçon is getting released coming from. It's certainly not local news I've heard from DC. The Skins will not have cap issues necessitating that move.

The skins do need to make major moves that are cap related. They currently do not have enough money for signing draft picks and a budget for in season moves. This is normally in the $10M range for each. They currently have around 4M in free space.

One of garçon or Jackson is a distinct possibility, though I haven't seen any news on the topic.

Garçon cut before June 1 will save 8M in cap space with only 2.2M in dead money

Jackson will save 6.75M with 2.5M in dead money if cut before June 1

Given they have Doctson, crowder and Jackson as well as Jordan reed, garçon is the logical move.

The skins do need to make major moves that are cap related. They currently do not have enough money for signing draft picks and a budget for in season moves. This is normally in the $10M range for each. They currently have around 4M in free space.

One of garçon or Jackson is a distinct possibility, though I haven't seen any news on the topic.

Given they have Doctson, crowder and Jackson as well as Jordan reed, garçon is the logical move.

No. They are cutting Roberts and a corner. It's real simple and painless. That's what's been reported. Nobody is cutting Garçon or DJax this year. There is no need. This is the only place on the Internet I've seen talking about cutting Garçon.

this is incorrect--$10M only goes for teams at the very top of the draft, since drafted players are on a payscale for their initial contracts. the rookie pool for WAS is $5.2M, and they won't even need to spend that much, because any rookie who makes the team bumps someone else off the roster (and eliminates their cap hit). this is slightly complicated by the offseason cap rules (top 51 contracts rather than 53), but the idea is the same.

WAS will probably get its class in for a little over $4M.

Don't get hung up on whether garçon gets cut or not. Washington would do well to cut him because he's not worth what he's making by a long shot. He will definitely be gone after this year. No question. That opens the door for Doctson. Garçon sucks and Doctson is good is the point. If they don't cut pierre, fine. Doctson is still the 2nd best rookie prospect considering he could very well end up as the number 1 next year.

Do 16 my first pick in rookie draft.

this is incorrect--$10M only goes for teams at the very top of the draft, since drafted players are on a payscale for their initial contracts. the rookie pool for WAS is $5.2M, and they won't even need to spend that much, because any rookie who makes the team bumps someone else off the roster (and eliminates their cap hit). this is slightly complicated by the offseason cap rules (top 51 contracts rather than 53), but the idea is the same.

WAS will probably get its class in for a little over $4M.

The 10M was draft picks AND in season moves. Teams generally need 5m or so for the latter.

The 10M was draft picks AND in season moves. Teams generally need 5m or so for the latter.

ah--i misunderstood.

I left out Wendell Smallwood. He's definitely in the top 11. Probably in front of Michael Thomas.

No. They are cutting Roberts and a corner. It's real simple and painless. That's what's been reported. Nobody is cutting Garçon or DJax this year. There is no need. This is the only place on the Internet I've seen talking about cutting Garçon.

Chris Culliver? Man that didn't last long.

I left out Wendell Smallwood. He's definitely in the top 11. Probably in front of Michael Thomas.

I'm very intrigued by his presence in the Eagles offense.

Don't get hung up on whether garçon gets cut or not. Washington would do well to cut him because he's not worth what he's making by a long shot. He will definitely be gone after this year. No question. That opens the door for Doctson. Garçon sucks and Doctson is good is the point. If they don't cut pierre, fine. Doctson is still the 2nd best rookie prospect considering he could very well end up as the number 1 next year.

I couldn't disagree more about Garçon. He has been fantastic every year. GREAT blocker. Doesn't drop passes. Breaks tackles. Red Zone threat. Tough as nails. You need guys like that. Period. He's been nothing but good for the Franchise and is one of the best acquisitions the franchise has had. He will be sorely missed when he moves on. Pure football player.

• Like 1

Chris Culliver? Man that didn't last long.

Most likely Culliver. Norman makes the move easier.

I couldn't disagree more about Garçon. He has been fantastic every year. GREAT blocker. Doesn't drop passes. Breaks tackles. Red Zone threat. Tough as nails. You need guys like that. Period. He's been nothing but good for the Franchise and is one of the best acquisitions the franchise has had. He will be sorely missed when he moves on. Pure football player.

Yeah i like him a lot too. Its a little puzzling that Cousins cant keep him more consistently involved in the offense.

Yeah i like him a lot too. Its a little puzzling that Cousins cant keep him more consistently involved in the offense.

It's the Jordan Reed effect. Jordan stayed healthy last year. When Reed goes down Garçon becomes the primary target. Last time Garçon was the primary he was fantasy gold.

I agree he's good just not good enough to hit your cap for 10 million.

This rumor was kicking around this time last year too. Not sure where it came from, but I'm sure the speculation came because he has a pretty big cap hit.

He has only put up 750-800 yards each of the last two seasons.

It's a reasonable assumption that that's not what the team signed up for when they agreed to this contract.

assuming that the following info (posted earlier on this thread) is correct:

it is certainly a possibility that one of the two WR's could be on the bubble this year.

I personally dont see this happening until they are 100% convinced that Doctson is the real deal. Even then, they seem to be committed to cousins, and want to prove they didnt screw up in making him the starter. So I think there is a decent chance they keep all WR's provided they have the cap space. That being said..... If cousins cant put up a great season next year with 3 very good WR's on the roster, he may find himself on the bubble.

The skins made the playoffs last year and i dont think the other teams in their division have become much better. It doesnt make sense to cut Garcon since they plan on contending for the division.

I kind of like the Broncos kept Hillman. He looked like shizz down the stretch but knows the offense and only cost a million.

Excited to see Booker and Janovich in this offense. Denver is gonna look a lot like the late 80's Giants teams, imo.

The skins made the playoffs last year and i dont think the other teams in their division have become much better. It doesnt make sense to cut Garcon since they plan on contending for the division.

Also, the franchise loves what Garçon does. We want to run the ball. The only pure blocking wr is Garçon. He loves crunching people and he's good at it. Djax doesn't block at all. Doctson needs to get bigger and likely needs to refine his blocking. Reed is only a mediocre blocker.

It's highly unlikely Garçon isn't on the team this year. If anyone is getting released it would be DJAX. I don't see that happening either.

You convinced me that he won't be cut, but if all you need is 800 yards and some blocking, I'm sure Anquan Boldin would be happy to sign for 2 or 3 million.

Do 16 my first pick in rookie draft.

1 of the top 11 would fall to you since people will draft Goff (can't wait until people start calling him Jeff Goof), and Wentz. And guys like Will Fuller, Sheppard, Derrick Henry, Pharoh Cooper and Kenyan Drake are going to go higher than they probably should which is a mistake.

Few rules people always ignore. Don't take small slot wide receivers unless they play for the Patriots (Sheppard and Cooper). Don't take shifty backs that can't run between the tackles - especially when they have suspect hands (Drake), and don't take guys like Fuller that run fast in a straight line and that's pretty much it. Those guys end up being better real football players than fantasy assets.

Garçon is not leaving the Skins .

You convinced me that he won't be cut, but if all you need is 800 yards and some blocking, I'm sure Anquan Boldin would be happy to sign for 2 or 3 million.

Is Garcon being targeted a lot? A receiver cant do much when he isnt constantly being thrown at.

Also, the franchise loves what Garçon does. We want to run the ball. The only pure blocking wr is Garçon. He loves crunching people and he's good at it. Djax doesn't block at all. Doctson needs to get bigger and likely needs to refine his blocking. Reed is only a mediocre blocker.

It's highly unlikely Garçon isn't on the team this year. If anyone is getting released it would be DJAX. I don't see that happening either.

you are correct. Garcon blocks well. but you dont pay a WR that kind of money for his blocking ability.

As long as he is putting up sub 1000 yard seasons these rumours will probably persist because some people will only look at the numbers.

I agree, that it will probably be a season before they dump a WR from this roster. The big Question is which player will it be?

in the interim, Doctson will have time to learn the offense, and learn what he needs to learn to get used to the NFL. it's a good situation for Washington.

you are correct. Garcon blocks well. but you dont pay a WR that kind of money for his blocking ability.

As long as he is putting up sub 1000 yard seasons these rumours will probably persist because some people will only look at the numbers.

I agree, that it will probably be a season before they dump a WR from this roster. The big Question is which player will it be?

in the interim, Doctson will have time to learn the offense, and learn what he needs to learn to get used to the NFL. it's a good situation for Washington.

I think Garçon does everything well. Just pointing out he's a great blocker and the only wr we have that does it, and happily.

Next year I will not be surprised if neither are re-signed. But this year it doesn't make sense to let them go. The cap isn't going to be an issue once other underperforming players are cut. And the only thing Snyder has proven to do well is to pay guys and not worry about hitting the full cap. He spends his money...which is all he's ever been good for.

I think Garçon does everything well. Just pointing out he's a great blocker and the only wr we have that does it, and happily.

Next year I will not be surprised if neither are re-signed. But this year it doesn't make sense to let them go. The cap isn't going to be an issue once other underperforming players are cut. And the only thing Snyder has proven to do well is to pay guys and not worry about hitting the full cap. He spends his money...which is all he's ever been good for.

I dont see them dumping both unless they give the team a good reason to do so.

You need to have a certain amount of continuity to the offence.

Case in point would be Philly. They replaced the whole backfield, parts of the line and both WR's over the course of 2 years. We saw how that worked out.

as would be expected, the second half was better than the first half, but still not good enough.

so I would expect they would dump one, wait a year or two, then dump the other. Meanwhile they will need to draft or sign another guy in the interim to replace the departees. This is a 2 or 3 year house cleaning (if they decide to do it)

Bare with me. Did this on my phone waiting for a show to buffer on tv. Just wanted to get something down. This list is more for a deep keeper than a true dynasty. Ie, there's a bit more of a premium on players that will produce right away, but if I think a guy is good enough to be really good eventually, I'd be willing to stash him.

An invitation to go skinny dipping and talk a little football?

Count me in!!!!

Good call Kent - Culliver axed.

Just saw that. He was recovering from injury and could never make it happen here. They'll cut Roberts next and have plenty of room for this season to sign and keep all the important guys/draft picks.

Just saw that. He was recovering from injury and could never make it happen here. They'll cut Roberts next and have plenty of room for this season to sign and keep all the important guys/draft picks.

Is he worth it for another team to sign. was this mainly a money save or is the injury serious enough to limit his future?

Is he worth it for another team to sign. was this mainly a money save or is the injury serious enough to limit his future?

Someone may pick him up if he can get healthy. Who knows how effective he could be. Could be a nice pickup. Tough luck in DC. Norman and Breeland made him expendable.