Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

Tyler Eifert anyone?

How are you guys playing him this year? 2014 he played in 1 game. 2015 hes missed 3 and left the pro bowl game in a walking boot. His ADP is 4th round. Me personally I will not be drafting him this year unless he falls which he wont.

Thoughts?

After the top te or two go I don't care .

When it's my turn to take a te and that's usually my third to last pick in most cases and he is there I'm taking him .

If he's cheap I'll take him. I usually just see who's undervalued, with a decent floor and take that type late. I've never liked my team drafting a TE before my WRs/RB starters are set.

No way I'm touching him at that price. TE is, for the most part, a crap shoot from year to year so typically I see who is going late that I think might bust out and I draft a couple of those guys. Then I'm often pretty aggressive on waivers at the position early in the year

6'6", 250 lb seem stretcher on a team that just lost Jones & Sanu? What's not to like? TE 4-6 in the late fourth in ppr seems a lil early maybe,but it's not far off.

• Like 1

You worry too much.

He's a TE. When healthy he's worth a late 4th or 5th round pick.

Take him where you think you can get him and get a reasonable handcuff in the last round of the draft if you are worried about injury.

problem solved.

With the second and third receivers leaving it can only mean more opportunities for Eifert. I am drafting him with confidence in the 4th.

yeah, there is most definitely opportunity for pass catchers on that team. and Eifert is a pass catcher.

I'd rather wait and target a guy like Austin SJ or Ebron. I think they have the same upside, with much cheaper price tag.

I'd rather wait and target a guy like Austin SJ or Ebron. I think they have the same upside, with much cheaper price tag.

I thought Ebron proved he is unreliable. He double clutches passes way too often.

Well, Ebron I had big hopes for, and so far he hasnt delivered. But I always say, in fantasy football, you sometimes need to assume that you are right and everyone else is wrong. If you believe this to be the case, then you should definitely do what you feel you need to.

These boards are most helpful in finding where public opinion is.

so if you value Ebron at a 7th round value, but the boards have him listed at 9th or 10th round, then you have a pretty good idea of how long you can afford to wait before picking him.

While some say you should draft according to your board, I disagree with that. If I value a guy at a 3rd round value but the public values him as an 8th round guy. I pick him up in the 7th round(to make sure I get him) and to make sure I get value for the pick.

Ebron was a project when he was drafted .

I think this season could be a good season for him .

But I wouldn't take him over Eifert .

The tight end situation could be eternally muddled this season.

Rob Gronkowski is on the cover of Madden '17. :unsure: :unsure:

Guy had 13 TDs last year. He should be on everyone's radar regardless.

I shouldn't say not on my radar at all. We can use TE at the WR position. I'd consider him as a backup for sure, but my league is a keeper league and my top WR's are OBJ and Edelman.

In a non te leagues it's a different story after the top two or three te are gone .

I draft my te late so if I was in a non te league they wouldn't even matter in most cases .

In a non te leagues it's a different story after the top two or three te are gone .

I draft my te late so if I was in a non te league they wouldn't even matter in most cases .

I had Gronk and Edelman last year and finished runner up in H2H and 3rd overall. I was in first overall until Edelman went down. Had he not got injured, I likely would have won. Gronk is the exeption. When healthy he puts up WR1 numbers consistently. Same was true for Gates and Gonzalez when they were in their prime.

I'm not ready to say Eifert is comparable to a WR1, at least not yet.

Well, Ebron I had big hopes for, and so far he hasnt delivered. But I always say, in fantasy football, you sometimes need to assume that you are right and everyone else is wrong. If you believe this to be the case, then you should definitely do what you feel you need to.

These boards are most helpful in finding where public opinion is.

so if you value Ebron at a 7th round value, but the boards have him listed at 9th or 10th round, then you have a pretty good idea of how long you can afford to wait before picking him.

While some say you should draft according to your board, I disagree with that. If I value a guy at a 3rd round value but the public values him as an 8th round guy. I pick him up in the 7th round(to make sure I get him) and to make sure I get value for the pick.

I hear you. I just think with the departure of 81, and no real big guy to go over the middle, Ebron is in for a big uptick in targets. If you look at his progression from 2014 (25/248/1) to 2015 (47/537/5), I don't think its far fetched to project 75/850/8 in 2016, which would have made him a TE6 in standard scoring last year.

I had Gronk and Edelman last year and finished runner up in H2H and 3rd overall. I was in first overall until Edelman went down. Had he not got injured, I likely would have won. Gronk is the exeption. When healthy he puts up WR1 numbers consistently. Same was true for Gates and Gonzalez when they were in their prime.

I'm not ready to say Eifert is comparable to a WR1, at least not yet.

Agree he is not a wr1 and like I said in a non te league after the top two te are gone I wouldn't even thank about a te .

No thanks, I would rather try my luck finding the next Eifert rather than pay for the real one.

Bump AJG even higher. He is a top 5 wr to me now.

Green might challenge Demaryius Thomas or Antonio Brown's target number from last year

Stay away from Eifert for me in '16. Timetables for healing and rehab that include no pre-season games are just too scary, almost a guarantee of nagging dings to occur throughout the season. I feel the same way about Watkins unless I see him play in pre-season games and practice without limitation daily for weeks prior to opening week.

This is good though, the DND list is building already and to me that list is always more important than the target list in the top quarter of the draft.

On AJG his tgts should go up but he also should command a ridiculous amount of attention if Eifert does suffer nagging dings throughout the year so it might be a wash. Still, I'd surely draft AJG at a slightly inflated ADP over Eifert at the discount.

http://fftoday.com/news/index.php?Item=10678

well, hes having ankle surgery. buyer beware.

I think Bernard could also receive more targets in the passing game .

Maybe Lafell will have some value in this offense.

Might be better for the bengals than us. Someone will need to step up or it will be a down season for them. Gio could catch 80+ passes this year no joke.