Sign in to follow this  
Mungwater

I'm closing in on 20 years..

:cheers:

Congrats. Did you get offered to get out sooner? I know I had a MSgt get offered it at I think 16 years and she took it. Thank God though. She was quite the b1tch and a horrible leader

Congrats. Did you get offered to get out sooner? I know I had a MSgt get offered it at I think 16 years and she took it. Thank God though. She was quite the b1tch and a horrible leader

I've only known a few folks who got offered early retirement. I enjoy it and I'll stick around as long as they let me.

I've only known a few folks who got offered early retirement. I enjoy it and I'll stick around as long as they let me.

You gonna keep going past 20 to get more retirement pay or gonna just call it at 20?

You gonna keep going past 20 to get more retirement pay or gonna just call it at 20?

I'll keep pushing past, reserves are pretty easy to get over, really just depends on if I complete my classes.

I'll keep pushing past, reserves are pretty easy to get over, really just depends on if I complete my classes.

:thumbsup:

Almost there...

Glad you had a different experience with it than I did, it's certainly not for everyone.

I suppose the whole Army experience is geared toward fighting terrorism nonsense now. Stupid sh*t. Snipers and urban warfare and suicide bombers and searching grandma's underwear drawers. I couldn't imagine. Glad I have no part of it. We had no idea how to do that when I was in ... and didn't need it. Different era, transitioning from the end of the Cold War. Conventional warfare with a bunch of M1A2s and Bradleys between me and the and guys together with Air Defense Artillery ... ah, much better.

I appreciated never getting shot at despite being all the way up front than back one mile.

Crushing Saddam's Army was easy. Gone in a little over four months. Didn't have to experience the Bulls beating the Pistons. That's how it's done.

Almost there...

Glad you had a different experience with it than I did, it's certainly not for everyone.

I suppose the whole Army experience is geared toward fighting terrorism nonsense now. Stupid sh*t. Snipers and urban warfare and suicide bombers and searching grandma's underwear drawers. I couldn't imagine. Glad I have no part of it. We had no idea how to do that when I was in ... and didn't need it. Different era, transitioning from the end of the Cold War. Conventional warfare with a bunch of M1A2s and Bradleys between me and the and guys together with Air Defense Artillery ... ah, much better.

I appreciated never getting shot at despite being all the way up front than back one mile.

Crushing Saddam's Army was easy. Gone in a little over four months. Didn't have to experience the Bulls beating the Pistons. That's how it's done.

I'm actually an ADA guy, but honestly it doesn't matter once you get to captain, mostly staff work.

I've enjoyed my time and was able to get a bachelors and masters out of the deal. That's one thing I always hated about perceptions of military, that they're uneducated. Ive met some very very smart folks in the military.

It has been interesting transitioning, but that is a part of what makes them as good as they are. I've always appreciated the way that military folks generally don't focus on making yesterday perfect, just learn and move on, there are times I wish the civilian side was more like that

with aids? you and magic deserve an award

You gonna work after you retire? I know a lot of guys find a job and collect another check along with the retirement check

You gonna work after you retire? I know a lot of guys find a job and collect another check along with the retirement check

Most of my time is as a reserve guy, I don't get to collect until I'm 59 or so. I will still work.

My brother is a full colonel active duty with 22 years in, three Purple Hearts, he's going to retire soon. He'll get to collect right away.

Most of my time is as a reserve guy, I don't get to collect until I'm 59 or so. I will still work.

My brother is a full colonel active duty with 22 years in, three Purple Hearts, he's going to retire soon. He'll get to collect right away.

Dam how decorated is he? But yea id do what you are and keep working. At least until I'm 65. Plan might change depending on the circumstances.

Dam how decorated is he? But yea id do what you are and keep working. At least until I'm 65. Plan might change depending on the circumstances.

He's pretty stacked, bronze star with oak leaf cluster, three masters degrees and a degree from West Point.

He's pretty stacked, bronze star with oak leaf cluster, three masters degrees and a degree from West Point.

Dam bet he has a dam brick on his dress uniform. Before I tore my patella tendon one of my instructors for Pararescue had been awarded countless medals including the Air Force cross.

who are you?

Make that 20..

:banana:

Congrats bro. :cheers:

Retirement time now? Or you gonna stay in a couple more years?

Congrats bro. :cheers:

Retirement time now? Or you gonna stay in a couple more years?

I think I can do another 3-4, should be promoted soon. Last summer I was out with some national guard unit, I felt all those years. Big difference when you're 40 trying to hang with 19 year olds

I think I can do another 3-4, should be promoted soon. Last summer I was out with some national guard unit, I felt all those years. Big difference when you're 40 trying to hang with 19 year olds

I forgot you were guard. Was thinking you were still active. But yea it's a huge difference when you're trying to compete with guys that young.

Make that 20..

:banana:

:clap:

Great job.

Huge congratulations Mung. Dad'd be proud. I know your brothers are.

Would be cool if you could find that list of deployments that you posted here

years ago. - Frickin amazing.

:thumbsup:

Thought you meant service to the GC at first. I was like "Oh!" Then I was like, "oh...meh."

:cheers: