Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 1 & 2 Commentary - June Mock **

1.01 WR Antonio Brown, PIT - No brainer, though one might make an argument for at least one other player at the top spot I think. Picking #1 overall is not my most favorite spot as I do not think the value of the #1 overall compensates for having to pick again so much later in a serpentine style, but it sure makes your first pick an easy one!

I would respectfully disagree on it being a no brainer in a non ppr format with the depth of WRs in the league right now.

Top wr on my board, 4th or 5th on my overall.

I considered two other backs here, then went with Gurley. Would have went a different direction in a ppr draft. Wideouts are plentiful. I will add more when the other two backs drop.

Good feedback, interesting perspectives. I derive the notion from having already participated in a variety of draft-related activities, but I always trust the input from this group as tends to have good value.

It's a very solid pick, my feedback was just on the no brainer part. I think in a standard scoring league it's not nearly the no brainer selection that it would be in PPR. When you take away all those receptions it levels the receivers out a bit and puts a little more emphasis on he few workhorse backs left in the league.

I left a 2 man list with RC in case I grt busy here and don't notice when fumble picks

I am here. Give me a minute. Excited to get this thing started. I feel less prepared than usual having just returned from a vacation. Surprised Brown went #1, although no one can argue with the pick given Brown's last two seasons.

I expected Gurley and Bell to go 1-2 in the draft leaving me with Antonio Brown at the #3 spot. Still wasn't an easy decision, though, given the talent that exists at WR.

In this particular draft with this basic core of people I felt the first 4 picks would be RB. Can't argue with Brown at all though. I just wonder what the situation at that position will look like on the next turn. There are quite a few very interesting twists and turns at Running back this season.

I thought that AP was gonna be basically finished up before last season with all of the negative off season stuff, but he still excelled. I expect nothing less this year, as he is just a different breed of cat.

And the help they added on offense. I expect his solid and reliable standard scoring output

Sorry if I flood this thread but my favorite part of thr June mock I the commentary.

My top 4 was Bell Gurley Peterson and Brown in that order. Would have been thrilled with any of them. 1 more guy entered my mind but based on the arc of his season last year, I feared a regression and decided to play it safe.

Rice is a left coaster. He should be in soon.

It's been 90 minutes since the last pick. We'll wait 30 more minutes and then decide what to do. I will try to e-mail him in the meantime.

It's been 90 minutes since the last pick. We'll wait 30 more minutes and then decide what to do. I will try to e-mail him in the meantime.

You are so sexthy.....

Rice is here...any sign of Matt's Eagles today?

Oh, and thank you Ray. That means the world to me. :wub:

1.06 - ODB

Was trying to decide between ODB and one other WR. Pretty similar stats, but I decided to choose ODB based on a higher ceiling potential and double digit TDs 2 seasons in a row.

1.06 - ODB

Was trying to decide between ODB and one other WR. Pretty similar stats, but I decided to choose ODB based on a higher ceiling potential and double digit TDs 2 seasons in a row.

I have a feeling you and I are going to have a nice cat and mouse game with our picks.

I have a feeling you and I are going to have a nice cat and mouse game with our picks.

Completely agree. Although I don't think we're safe with any of these owners here.

Can't wait to steal your 10th round sleeper!

I'm with Remote. Thought we'd be moving quicker. Stepping out for a while . . . part of the job and all.

207-319-0004 - call or text if I'm actually up. I don't want to hold us up here.

Sometimes, this draft drags a little on the opening morning and then picks up speed in the afternoon. Here's hoping for that.

On a side note, I just realized that the Football Guru (Doug) won't be able to try to defend his title this year.

Really thought we would fly through the first two rounds today.

I am ready to select at #10, right in front of Dan!!

Comments coming soon, but thought it more appropriate to wait until I have at least made my first selection.

This is probably the least in tune with the FF landscape that I've been at the start of this mock, ever.

At what point do we just make the pick for Matt's Eagles? There's maybe 2 or 3 guys to choose from imo.

It seems like Ray and I are always drafting next to each other

Yep...sometimes, I touch you and you don't even know it....I cherish what we have.....

• Like 1

So is matt Eagles really clash of the titans in disguise?

So is matt Eagles really clash of the titans in disguise?

:first:

Maybe he's busy washing his Alabama boxer briefs.. roll Tide roll.

So, are we going to do something here?

ICEMAN

Sorry I am in Japan and its 0400. Pick made.

Sorry dude. You knew where/when we were starting. You could have easily left a list. And you were online here a little before 9AM ET when the draft was underway. Poor form.

• Like 1