Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

** Round Three/Four/Five Commentary**

2.12 RB, Doug Martin, TBB - New contract....hope he continues to play hard, fumbles too often, but might have the right pieces in place to allow him to open up more and deliver value perhaps slightly higher than a 2.12 player, more than likely stays in the "zone" of value for this pick location. meh....

3.01 RB, LeSean McCoy, BUF - Love running backs on teams with a good defense and a weak passing offense, McCoy has maybe one and at most two seasons left where he is worth picking in this area of picks. Next year he might be that guy you draft in round 5 or 6 as a "value" pick to round out your corps a bit.....where we start using the words "upside" and "dark horse" or perhaps even speculation pick.....for now, he should be worthy of this location, likely plays to it, MIGHT have three or four games where he exceeds and which tweak his stats up a bit, again....meh.....

I worry that 2016 is the year you think 2017 will be for Shady.

Texted RC. He'll be online in about 30min.

I sent Fumble my list of 15-20 for round 3/4... It's going on 10 pm here so headed to bed soon...if we get to 5th and my list is bare....I will be awake in 7 hours.....

• Like 1

Someone had to do it and it was going to happen in this round anyway. I love the fact that he gets his top wideout back this season yet still has a nice TE to toss it too. those rushing TD's are nice and keep him relevant weekly. Cam it is.

Well the cam pick (love him this year) means I'll need to decide between at least 2 of my 3 man list. Thought the three might go with the next 3 picks

It came down to point differential in what I was gonna see 24 to 26 picks later. A few qb's will drop and the bar is pretty high with Cam point wise. I felt my point drop off would be far more significant than at the other positions, without the risks associated with those positions. In the end we try to score the most points. I had 2 Rb's and 3 Wr's that were in the mix. They will fall soon.

Bad remote! Very bad!

Way to steal my pick old man.

• Like 1

:banana: :banana: :banana:

RC texted me that his pick was going to make Fumble mad ... lol

RC texted me that his pick was going to make Fumble mad ... lol

Mission accomplished. :mad:

I worry that 2016 is the year you think 2017 will be for Shady.

That is something I wonder about for him as well, will be keeping an eye on and he might slip for me later when I hit my money league drafts in August....

This mock is really hard due to the fact that we really do know each other, and sometimes can use the inside info we have stored up over the years. There was no way Ray was going QB in the 2nd or 3rd. There was no way Fumble wasn't going to. Ray would have been more apt to grab Ravens Defense.

• Like 1

This mock is really hard due to the fact that we really do know each other, and sometimes can use the inside info we have stored up over the years. There was no way Ray was going QB in the 2nd or 3rd. There was no way Fumble wasn't going to. Ray would have been more apt to grab Ravens Defense.

All I hear is jealousy....... :bandana:

• Like 1

Well now, Brandin Cooks is an interesting pick at that spot......I had him pegged in at 3.09-3.12, please elaborate!

Cooks was my #2 choice after marshall.

Marshall is picked here obviously assuming the QB situation plays out how I think it will.

Well now, Brandin Cooks is an interesting pick at that spot......I had him pegged in at 3.09-3.12, please elaborate!

I really like third-year WRs with significant talent. Hence, the picks of Evans and Cooks. I think both are coming into the prime of their careers. I would rather grab a guy like Cooks than a guy like Marshall. That's just personal preference, though, as Marshall was terrific last season.

I can easily see cooks out producing marshall though I think when in the right offense, marshall is capable of top 5 numbers.

I like cooks talent and also his situation this year.

It should also be noted that Marshall's value depends on his QB. With Fitzpatrick, it's a lot higher than with Geno.

Considering the uncertainty with the Jets' QB situation for now, dropping him below Cooks isn't unreasonable.

Oh, shovel...you just couldn't resist, could you?

• Like 1

I really like third-year WRs with significant talent. Hence, the picks of Evans and Cooks. I think both are coming into the prime of their careers. I would rather grab a guy like Cooks than a guy like Marshall. That's just personal preference, though, as Marshall was terrific last season.

Good word, thanks.

Don't know whether Hill would have made it back to Shovel but I did think that was early.

I just can't imagine Fitz not ending up there. As to who I had first between these two I would have leaned Marshall. I have a few others I would have popped for over both though.

I see no way he performs like last year. And with the WR corps in a bit of flux, I expect the Bengals to lean on him more. There was no way he was making it another 14 picks.

Don't know whether Hill would have made it back to Shovel but I did think that was early.

Exactly. This draft has pretty much gone right down the list from the FFToday site, until the last few picks. I agree it was early, but didn't want to chance it.

My first couple of picks were 2nd choices and I'm trying to get ahead of it. Not sure that's the way to go, but giving it a shot.

I was expecting to go WR here, but Ingram was too good a RB2 to pass up.

When I commented that Ray had a few nice choices for the last turn, I was including Ingram in that RB group. If I had gone WR in round 2 I would have been all over him with my 3.08 instead.

• Like 1

Hill was not making it back. I assure you.

ICEMAN

I just can't imagine Fitz not ending up there. As to who I had first between these two I would have leaned Marshall. I have a few others I would have popped for over both though.

As a Jets Homer I obviously made the pic with the assumption that the QB situation plays out the way most people believe it will play out that said I think I know the other two receivers you may have taken before Marshall one of them was third on my list after Marshall and Cooks but I just don't like that QB situation at all the second guy fits a mold of receiver that I generally stay away from even though this is non PPR

And I see that guy who was 3rd on my list went to JScott

With Ingram taken right in front of me (not sure why he fell so far, great pick for Best Ball League), I needed some stability at RB since I have "The Rookie", so Forte will fit fine. My concern is not getting the TDs, i.e goal line looks, but he does catch the ball well and may get some TDs through the air.

Had 2 other RBs I was considering, but thought Forte was a tad more stable a pick.

And, Dan & Iceman needing RBs, thought I should go RB here. Not happy about it, but.....

3.08 WR Demaryius Thomas, DEN

I like DT for a bounce back year. I don't think his new QB will light it up or anything but DEN has a great D to keep giving him the ball so the consistency should be helpful compared to last year. I also have a hunch DT will emerge as a team leader, taking more on his shoulders to help his QB. Rather than being an accompanying part with Mann8my there.

I will say it now that I am not a fan of Ingram, the guy just never seems to "find it" and the Saints always seem to want to pair him up with others. He has missed 18 games over the last 5 years due to injury, and with the re-signing of Tim Hightower and Travaris Cadet, along with the return of CJ Spiller and high upside draft pick Daniel Lasco I just do not see him really earning anything more than a late 4th round value.

JMHO

• Like 1

I just called and talked to Dan. He is driving and thought it not a good idea to text or type in a pick (duh). He will stop and make his pick in about 20 minutes, and will work on his 4th round selection also.

He may call me and I would forward on his picks.

• Like 1