Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

** Round Three/Four/Five Commentary**

1170 combined yards for 6 td's with 50 receptions. He seems locked in as being on top of the pecking order for New Orleans. He did miss the final 4 games of the year too, giving others a shot to stand out.

I expect a big bounce back year for Ty. Even in a down year he hit 1,000 yards. With Luck back, he should return to near elite levels. Nice pick.

4.03 Aaron Rogers

A surprise pick for me here. I was thinking of RB/WR, and when I looked at the options, many had some minor risk involved. And, I had to weigh what I am thinking ahead to what I could get in rounds 5 & 6 and I didn't see a whole lot of difference WHEN compared to who I think will be the #1 QB this year.

Rogers has Jordy back, a healthy _____ and a third year WR who should improve.

I usually wait in drafts to pick a QB until 8/9/10, but now I won't have to worry who I get and/or get 3 QBs for best ball. I can simply let Mr. Rogers perform his magic week in and week out.

Lot of WRs dealing with injuries in this area. Newton's developed as a passer, and Benjamin will have had more than a year to recover when the season starts.

So I'm not gonna lie. My pick should have been Ingram. I just woke up and completely missed him on my makeshift excel draft board.

I'm happy with Hyde, but I think I would have been happier with Ingram.

Sorry for the delay. Doc was discharging my wife just as I went otc. Dealing with all that now.

take what you need brother......

• Like 2

Thanks Ray.

Pick's in. Will comment later when I have time.

I sent Fumble my list of 15-20 for round 3/4... It's going on 10 pm here so headed to bed soon...if we get to 5th and my list is bare....I will be awake in 7 hours.....

Fumble has a list.

Clash strikes again

I expect a big bounce back year for Ty. Even in a down year he hit 1,000 yards. With Luck back, he should return to near elite levels. Nice pick.

DT and TY were the 2 guys I thought you were alluding to that you would take over marshall and cooks. While I disagree I did have hem among a group of 4 or 5 right after thoSE guys. Actually thomas was in play for me in round 3. Hilton plays well in a BB format but I usually avoid him in normal leagues

I think cobb is a great value play this year with Jordy back in the fold, letting cobb thrive in his natural role

• Like 1

I think cobb is a great value play this year with Jordy back in the fold, letting cobb thrive in his natural role

I had:

1. Cobb

2. Edelman

3. Watkins

I do like Cobb this year for the same reason you stated.

Agree. I thought Cobb might have gone earlier, was hoping ( silly I know) that maybe he would slip to me....

Rapistburger coming in a biiiiittttt early here, tell us what you are thinking.....

Rapistburger coming in a biiiiittttt early here, tell us what you are thinking.....

When healthy I think Ben is a lock top 5 qb with brown, bell and an upgraded TE spot from a receiving standpoint. I would have looked at him in the 5th

• Like 1

Matt Jones : I'm a fan of the upside this year. Admittedly I'd rather have a steadier RB2 but draft spot didn't align with that plan. Felt it best to secure him now

When healthy I think Ben is a lock top 5 qb with brown, bell and an upgraded TE spot from a receiving standpoint. I would have looked at him in the 5th

I can see him as early as maybe 5.03 and definitely before 5.12, but your points suggest that perhaps even 4.05 is legit....

He's a guy I wanted and was worried he would not be there on the swing. I agree I took him a bit early. This draft has gone straight down the FFToday ADP that I'm looking at (f u Internet). Seriously, with the exception of my last 2 picks and a couple of others, you could have a computer picking for everyone. If I sit back and let it come to me without being a bit aggressive, I'm worried I'll be looking back at the end and saying more than once.."damn, missed my guy by 1 or 2 picks".

I do expect it to start jumping around a bit as these middle rounds hit.

He's a guy I wanted and was worried he would not be there on the swing. I agree I took him a bit early. This draft has gone straight down the FFToday ADP that I'm looking at (f u Internet). Seriously, with the exception of my last 2 picks and a couple of others, you could have a computer picking for everyone. If I sit back and let it come to me without being a bit aggressive, I'm worried I'll be looking back at the end and saying more than once.."damn, missed my guy by 1 or 2 picks".

I do expect it to start jumping around a bit as these middle rounds hit.

I am not using the FFToday ADP this Mock. Glad I am not, but if you say it is "computer close", then I am not sure if that is good or bad??

Matt Jones : I'm a fan of the upside this year. Admittedly I'd rather have a steadier RB2 but draft spot didn't align with that plan. Felt it best to secure him now

I like Matt Jones also. Was considering him at 3.10, took Forte instead. If not 2016, then I think 2017 could be a Jones year.

Honestly, when healthy, tell me how Ben is not legitimately #1, maybe #2 because of the scoring system that favors Cam.

I am not using the FFToday ADP this Mock. Glad I am not, but if you say it is "computer close", then I am not sure if that is good or bad??

Not sure it's either good or bad..just uncanny how close it is. 1 guy might jump ahead a few picks, then the ones that follow fill in the blanks.

Honestly, when healthy, tell me how Ben is not legitimately #1, maybe #2 because of the scoring system that favors Cam.

I have no problem ranking him 3rd behind Cam and Rodgers with a full compliment of weapons.

But top 5 felt like a safe proclamation

If remote can pick really quick I can do mine, and avoid a potential 2-3 hour delay......c'mon remote.....!!!

There are some great value picks here at the upcoming turn. Hope one of them slides to me at 5.03...

The Mathews pick isn't sexy, but I didn't like the RBs available once he's off the board...so it was a need pick.

Dambit RC.......you are in for SUCH a pinch.....I swear to god.....

The most golden of taints

Dambit RC.......you are in for SUCH a pinch.....I swear to god.....

Big Bang Theory fencing class.."prepare yourself for a rigorous touching!"

Love the Jordan Reed pick. Thought long and hard about him at 4.10. He was one of the value picks I was referencing at the turn...

And right on queue, u guys filled in the 3 empty slots on the spreadsheet. Uncanny I tell ya!

Loved the value of Jordan at 4.12 and then also Langford at 5.01, but really wanted Tate over Langford.......really feel like I missed out on this sequence, forcing a reorg of my later plans.....flipping RC..... :mad:

I wanted Langford. You had two backs so I took Tate first. I had another wideout about tied with him. Had I went Langford I could have grabbed the other receiver. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I wanted Jordan Reed to fall to 5.03, but feel that Luck is a solid consolation prize. Represents good QB value at this point with a great deal of upside. There are still a couple of really, really good values to be had in the next couple of picks from my perspective.

Maclin is a nice pick. He was another of the value picks I was referencing. There is one more.

• Like 1