Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Six-Nine Commentary**

Let the bashing begin. I know his return for game 1 is questionable, but I can't pass up the value.

Also,

Clash of the Limo Driver. :D

:bench:

Let the bashing begin. I know his return for game 1 is questionable, but I can't pass up the value.

I would bash it, but I think we all could see this pick a mile away. I had already written it in before you made it.

That is no joke.

I would bash it, but I think we all could see this pick a mile away. I had already written it in before you made it.

That is no joke.

Guarantee that a few other owners have been close for a few rounds now.

Love RLLD's turn. I'm a believer in Oakland this year, and Derek Carr has progressed well. And Stefon Diggs . . . well, I had this pipe dream of him sliding to the end of this round. Nice pick; great young talent on an up-and-coming team. Great value.

Thanks....I was hoping to snag Carr with these picks, Diggs is more of a "lets hope" pick, whereas if he continues to progress he could perhaps produce like a 5th or 6th rounder, if not better.....just felt like I needed a gamble pick in this area to bolster what is a weak WR corps.

• Like 1

Nothing to bash. Brady went a couple of rounds ago, and it's more likely than not that he misses the first four games of the season. Eifert will be back at some point, and at that point becomes tremendous value.

No bashing from me. If he made it past you (highly doubtful, homer) I was taking him. Even if he misses a game or two the value was too good to pass up.

Does anyone have Matt's 9th round pick?? Or, is he around (not on the Board now)?

I am going rafting down the river in 2 .25 hours, so I am hoping to get both my 9th & 10th rounders in by then.

Even if he misses multiple games I'm surprised guys like him and beady don't go earlier based on the best ball nature of the draft-league where their value takes much less of a hit than it does in a traditional draft.

Though I guess that dredges up the old idea of "you shouldnt do this mock based on the no hassle format" (which I think is humanly impossible)

I'm interested in any thoughts on Jennings vs Forsett as they were a toss up for me. Both injury prone at advanced ages but low mileage conparatively.

I decided on Jennings because he plays in what I consider the more dynamic offense and after last year's head scratching time share in New York, I expect Jennings to be back closer to 60% of the workload (I believe he was 48% last year)..

I almost grabbed him in the last 3 rounds (7,8,&9).

I almost pulled the trigger on Eifert at the last turn. Kind of made my regret Gronk in the first.

I texted Dan that he is OTC.

Is Iceman around??

I'm interested in any thoughts on Jennings vs Forsett as they were a toss up for me. Both injury prone at advanced ages but low mileage conparatively.

I decided on Jennings because he plays in what I consider the more dynamic offense and after last year's head scratching time share in New York, I expect Jennings to be back closer to 60% of the workload (I believe he was 48% last year)..

I would have gone Jennings, more upside with him. Not much, but some more.

Its such a tough call between the two, I might be inclined to go Jennings only because I think the run defenses in the AFC north would tend to be tougher for Forsett.

In this case my ultimate decision would be made knowing which cuff I would need and when I'd have to spring for him.

Als for what it's worth I think both Jennings and forsett are more valuable than ivory or Yeldon unless you draft both or unless one goes down.

I got ahold of Dan.... he will send his picks to someone.

Anyone seen Iceman as he picks twice after Dan??

Als for what it's worth I think both Jennings and forsett are more valuable than ivory or Yeldon unless you draft both or unless one goes down.

Ivory was my #4 Rb, but I still rate him higher than the above pair. Younger, and more explosive. You now NEED his cuff, and that is a quandary in itself.

I like the Karlos Williams pick here, timely and likely will pay dividends.

Recapping...

8.05 WR Kevin White, CHI - By a lot of people he was right up there with Cooper coming into the NFL. He lost his rookie year to injury. Now healthy I wouldn't be surprised at all if his numbers at the end of the season are roughly 75% - 80% of Alshon's. Big receiver, who paired with Alshon reminds me of Marshall/Alshon a few years ago. They both had very good numbers. And with Forte gone, I could see even more passes going to the WRs.

9.08 TE Jimmy Graham, SEA - How the mighty have fallen. Still surprised to see him available this late. The SEA offense finally seemed to get it towards the end of the season that they were wasting his talents. He posted some big games but also still has some quiet ones. With Lynch gone and some questions in the backfield SEA could shift to more of a balanced offense and Graham could see an increase in consistent targets, especially in the redzone.

Happy to get both of these guys where I did since I was considering each a round or two earlier.

After gronk, the next dozen or so tight ends are such a toss up. Some with higher upside some with higher floors... but still. Very much a crap shoot (in terms of who might round out say a top 5 at the position)

reed, walker, olsen, and maybe Kelce are not in my toss up category.

Especially Reed. He was arguably the MVP of most people's fantasy playoffs last year. Came on like a freight train.

Especially Reed. He was arguably the MVP of most people's fantasy playoffs last year. Came on like a freight train.

Assuming he can stay healthy.

Came on like a freight train. A concussion away from never playing again...

Olsen gets Benji back to contend with, walker is aging (though I like him), Kelce needs to up the TDs.

Basically my point is aside from gronk there are no locks for 1k and 10tds

Came on like a freight train. A concussion away from never playing again...

Olsen gets Benji back to contend with, walker is aging (though I like him), Kelce needs to up the TDs.

Basically my point is aside from gronk there are no locks for 1k and 10tds

Point taken. My point was that health is the only thing keeping Reed's value low. Guy was a man among boys last December.

Fumble, I sent you my picks at the turn, have to head out, might not be available when RC picks, will try to check in later and pick again....should be able to today....

• Like 1

Fumble, I sent you my picks at the turn, have to head out, might not be available when RC picks, will try to check in later and pick again....should be able to today....

Wish I hadn't have looked at that. You absolutely stole my next pick.

Really? Which one? And what was your thought process for him?

I see, I had not put that much emphasis on him as a pick, but it most definitely makes sense