Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Draft Commentary: Final Seven Rounds (10-16)**

The Foster selection should bring about some interesting discussion...

I've held Foster in my dynasty league, but an out of work FA coming off a major injury, whose success came in large part due to being a perfect fit for the Texans scheme?

Given that QBs started going a little earlier than I expected, to see Rivers last this long was a bit surprising. I think he's a nice complement to Palmer.

The Foster selection should bring about some interesting discussion...

I wanted to see what you experts thought of this selection.

I am counting on him joining a team that needs RB help and see him "paying off" in the second half of the season. As an RB4, my thought process is he has more promise than guessing which backup RB or rookie RB will have a good season.

Again, I thought as a RB4 I could gamble a little, somewhat like a Brady/Eifert.

I wanted to see what you experts thought of this selection.

I am counting on him joining a team that needs RB help and see him "paying off" in the second half of the season. As an RB4, my thought process is he has more promise than guessing which backup RB or rookie RB will have a good season.

Again, I thought as a RB4 I could gamble a little, somewhat like a Brady/Eifert.

I'm trying to think of the situations in which he would be relevant without a major injury to a starter.

Either Matt's Eagles or Fumble should have the next pick. I'm ready to make mine whenever.

Given that QBs started going a little earlier than I expected, to see Rivers last this long was a bit surprising. I think he's a nice complement to Palmer.

Rivers in the 10th is an absolute steal. Ridiculous. My last two picks, I thought about taking him but decided with Luck as my #1, I could wait a bit longer.

Palmer and Rivers is a very solid No-Hassle duo to be sure.

Had Rivers and Stafford on my list before Romo, but I'm fine with Romo in the 10th round.

Like the Kenneth Dixon pick a lot and had him slotted for next pick since none of you three guys on the turn took forsett. Nice grab fumble. Part of why I went Jennings over Forsett.

Treadwell - I was really surprised not only to see doctson go so early but to go ahead of Treadwell in redraft. In dynasty sure but I see Treadwell path to targets to be far less crowded and I think people are making too big a deal about his speed. Boldin never had elite speed. I love him as a WR 5 especially when the rest of my group is well established

Nice pick on Treadwell. At this point in the draft, taking talented rookie WRs makes a lot of sense. Upside without the risk.

10.05 WR Dorial Green-Beckham, TEN

I'm shocked DGB was still available in the 10th. I had about 6 players I was targetting/considering starting back in the 7th when I took Crowell, each of which I thought could have been worthy of 7.08. So to still get 3 of the other 5 is real nice. TEN is desperate for a WR to step up and take pressure off Walker and give their QB another consistent option. DGB is that guy. He will double his rookie yardage and get 10TDs. A steal this late.

I think Treadwell has potential, but I like him a lot more in PPR leagues.

I don't see any Viking receiver enhanced by ppr. They run, run, run. He is a big target and a great blocker. Are you thinking of moving the chains?

JScott:
It was Torry Smith of DGB for me at my last WR pick. I debated long and hard. but in the end was looking at the more experienced Smith. Both are great Best Ball receivers. I almost ttok them both and left Foster on the rack....didn't, and we'll see which move pays off in the end.

I guess I got greedy thinking DeAngelo would make it to me at 11.03. Really wanted him as Bell insurance. Let that be a lesson...

I like Sterling Shepard's shot opposite Beckham. Dude is precise on routes and great underneath. He also has a 41 inch vertical for endzone ops over small db's. I know he is only 5'10"

I don't see any Viking receiver enhanced by ppr. They run, run, run. He is a big target and a great blocker. Are you thinking of moving the chains?

I see Diggs having a much better YPC number, but Treadwell getting more catches. A reliable target when the Vikings need 5-10 yards.

I guess I got greedy thinking DeAngelo would make it to me at 11.03. Really wanted him as Bell insurance. Let that be a lesson...

I was going back and forth between Williams and Rivers at 10.04.

I happen to agree with Vikings in terms of liking Treadwell more in a point-per-reception league however even in a standard scoring format I like him more than any other rookie wide receiver for redraft purposes two remotes question I do think the PPR aspect comes in Treadwell running shorter and intermediate routes moving the chains but I also agree with you in terms of big physical Target in the red zone

Should have grabbed Williams at 10.10 and then hoped for Dixon at 11.03. Should have known in this draft that good things don't happen to those who want to have their cake and eat it, too.

Fleener is gone, Luck is back, really no competition for snaps, and 32% of Lucks TD's over his career have been to TE's. Allen will be a fine #2 TE.

I haven't really done any pre pick research before any of my pics but I think I need to right now since my short list has been exhausted give me 15 or so

Blount was a late look, which is why i'm glad I took a little time with that pick. While Dion is supposed to be ready for week 1, it was an ACL tear and he has been a bit fragile his entire career. Even so, Blount is the kind of guy who can get 70 yards and 2 TD's in any given game which plays well in our format.

I think I drafted him last year with higher expectations. This year my expectations are tempered to random 16+ point games sprinkled in.

In fact, I think I have a lot of the same players I had last year. Peterson, Blount, Manning, Maclin..... they all feel familiar. Ill have to check. Peterson must have been a few years ago. the other 3 were last year.

11.06 RB CJ Prosise

A bit of a reach for this guy. I think I probably could have gotten him in the 12th or 13th round, but I didn't want to take that chance.

- Seattle have already announced that he will be their 3rd down back, which means they have confidence in the guy.

- Christine Michael is on the roster bubble.

- Rawls is still having ankle issues.

I believe Prosise will get plenty of touches with Seattle this season.

11.06 RB CJ Prosise

A bit of a reach for this guy. I think I probably could have gotten him in the 12th or 13th round, but I didn't want to take that chance.

- Seattle have already announced that he will be their 3rd down back, which means they have confidence in the guy.

- Christine Michael is on the roster bubble.

- Rawls is still having ankle issues.

I believe Prosise will get plenty of touches with Seattle this season.

You are officially off my Christmas list.

You are officially off my Christmas list.

I'll give him to you if I can actually get a xmas card from you and your fam.

• Like 1

11.08 RB Chris Johnson, ARI

To 'cuff DJ

Wallace is coming off a tough year in a system that did not do him any favors. Flacco loves to chuck it deep, and Wallace is very similar to Torrey Smith, who would put up nice (if inconsistent) numbers. Someone who gets pushed up a bit in best ball format.

Need a Round 12 Selection title. Thanks!!

Need a Round 12 Selection title. Thanks!!

You guys are moving too fast for me!!

This is the fastest this draft has ever gone. We're in Round 12 and it's only Thursday. :shocking: