Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Draft Commentary: Final Seven Rounds (10-16)**

I am still in disbelief that Charles Sims was still available at the end of the 11th round.

:shocking:

ICEMAN

I am still in disbelief that Charles Sims was still available at the end of the 11th round.

ICEMAN

I considered him at the last turn, but even if Martin regresses/gets hurt, he's still probably going to be a third down/change of pace back only. He adds some stability, but has little upside. Also a better PPR back than in standard scoring leagues.

I like my Jordan Howard pick, in actuality, but it feels like a "settled for" selection, as I really wanted CJ Prossise, who I thought would be an easy grab. Don't worry, Rice, we'll send you a Christmas card anyway.

Was really torn, because there is some good value elsewhere, but I wanted a potential bang, and Howard is one of the last that really offers that possibility.

I can't believe TO and Ochocinco are still available.

Wow. I can't believe you just dropped their names. Now I'll just have to settle for Randy Moss.

Well there go my backup te and qb picks. Nice snags with miller and winston

Love the cjprocise pick, good stab at a potential breakout guy, might be able to put up,numbers that value him at a 4th rounder, exciting pick rice!

ICEMAN

But.... you should not be ;)

12.05 QB Kirk Cousins, WAS

Over the last 5 weeks of 2015, Cousins was the #4 QB. Really like how he finished last season and with the addition of Doctson, DJax plus the other WR both in contract years, and the pass catching Matt Jones as the lead RB I see no drop off from Cousins. Like him better than a handful of the QBs already taken. Happy to have him as my QB2.

12.05 QB Kirk Cousins, WAS

Over the last 5 weeks of 2015, Cousins was the #4 QB. Really like how he finished last season and with the addition of Doctson, DJax plus the other WR both in contract years, and the pass catching Matt Jones as the lead RB I see no drop off from Cousins. Like him better than a handful of the QBs already taken. Happy to have him as my QB2.

His first 4 games are "money in the bank" Jeff, take a look at them!

That said, I still like Winston and especially in this Best Ball format. He will have a couple of GREAT games and I am as excited as I have ever been about a pair of QBs I have....Rogers & Winston.

Sweet Jesus it's done for today!!!

Have never seen it move so fast fellows as it did today. Congrats, 12 rounds in 4 days.

I won't pick till 730ish. Major outage at work today. I was so far behind, I had to do the Ryan pick from memory. I'll get caught up in the morning. Thanks.

• Like 1

I should be able to stay active today, on a train to NYC and connectivity can be spotty

Just an FYI: I don't have a list from Matt for his picks at 13.07 and 14.06, so that could be a problem today.

We should finish up by tomorrow if people can check in once or twice post Friday afternoon. I guess monday at the very latest.

I should be able to stay active today, on a train to NYC and connectivity can be spotty

I imagine the Seinfeld scene with the naked dude headed to Coney Island.

Muuuuwahahahahaha

• Like 1

Haha. I'm more shocked he didn't go DST/PK at this turn.

I was happy to get Tannehill this late. Over the past 3 seasons he has on average been the #12 fantasy scoring QB, passing and running for 4300, and 26 TDS. This season he gains the Adam Gase offense that is high powered and offers him more options. He has some very nice targets around him in Landry, Parker, Stills and Cameron. The affects of losing Lamar Miller is yet to be seen. I feel he has as much upside as any Qb in the NFL this year.

Pppppffftt

At THIS turn? I was thinking 2 or 3 turns ago

Marcus MariotOh.

More upside, imo, than tyrod taylor who was my second choice this round. That opinion is mostly due to the offensive weapons around them. Watkins is gimpy, buffalo lost and underrated WR and really added no one. Titans added 2 RBS and a solid WR and have DGB possibly ascending. Better TE as well and they upgraded the offensive line.

I'm excited to have him as my 2 in this format

You guys a e just a bunch of meaners.....

Old man Witten.... as a backup he's getting bff Romo back, has a great o line and doesn't need to block like he used to amd no immediate competition as his primary backup is injured.

Maybe a bounce back year Ala 2015 gates?

Really wanted Tannehill this round. Per usual, either Ray or Remote stole my pick at the turn. Flacco is safe, but not very exciting.

Picked up Chan West to handcuff Charles.

I would say this handcuff is probably one of the more important handcuffs for a #1 RB.

• Like 1

Really wanted Tannehill this round. Per usual, either Ray or Remote stole my pick at the turn. Flacco is safe, but not very exciting.

I was positive you were gonna take him in front of me and I was gonna be taking Flacco.

Old man Witten.... as a backup he's getting bff Romo back, has a great o line and doesn't need to block like he used to amd no immediate competition as his primary backup is injured.

Maybe a bounce back year Ala 2015 gates?

I agree on witten and considered him when I took both Thomas and Allen. I chose youth but feel you might have a steal.

13.08 WR Kenny Britt, STL

I initially had Josh Gordon all typed in and was about to hit Post but... I just kept coming back to CLE "preparing for life after Gordon" by drafting four WRs. It's very similar to JAX and Blackmon. At that time there was some hope he' be back but the JAX coaching staff was preparing for life after Blackmon. The teams know best whether they should expect suspensions to be lifted. CLE's actions speak loader than their words. So I back-buttoned and went with an uninspiring but somewhat safe pick as my WR5 in Britt. I'm betting that with some improved QB play and a growing ground game, Britt will be the big possession WR an redzone target this season, before the young STL WRs start to develop.

We shall see Jeff who is right!!

13.08 WR Kenny Britt, STL

I initially had Josh Gordon all typed in and was about to hit Post but... I just kept coming back to CLE "preparing for life after Gordon" by drafting four WRs. It's very similar to JAX and Blackmon. At that time there was some hope he' be back but the JAX coaching staff was preparing for life after Blackmon. The teams know best whether they should expect suspensions to be lifted. CLE's actions speak loader than their words. So I back-buttoned and went with an uninspiring but somewhat safe pick as my WR5 in Britt. I'm betting that with some improved QB play and a growing ground game, Britt will be the big possession WR an redzone target this season, before the young STL WRs start to develop.

or

13.08 WR Kenny Britt, LA

• Like 1

I should be ready as soon as Dan takes someone not going to jail for his 14th pick.

Um, I wonder if Dan heard Algholor's been accused of rape.

Nope. Didn't know that. Well, that'll suck.

This is what happens when I have to work. Players go off and do stupid stuff like this in the interim. I found the report; literally hit the internet just after I left to go drive.

Well, the entire Arizona defense can't go to jail!