Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Draft Commentary: Final Seven Rounds (10-16)**

Kenny Britt had so much potential

Nope. Didn't know that. Well, that'll suck.

This is what happens when I have to work. Players go off and do stupid stuff like this in the interim. I found the report; literally hit the internet just after I left to go drive.

Suspension for 20 minutes of action?

Well, the entire Arizona defense can't go to jail!

Good point!

ICEMAN

Well, the entire Arizona defense can't go to jail!

Well you set the bar kinda high in your last post, so I figured I better hedge my bets.

Kenny Britt had so much potential

He's due for a breakout season ;)

I would have gladly swooped up Starks but Fumble got some revenge. It took me awhile this morning to weigh carrying 5 running backs or 6 Wide receivers. When looking over the scraps Terrance seemed the best alternative over 2 other weak rbbc, and one player not to be mentioned that just needs one good season ending injury to be a stud. I don't know if he will be picked, but I will drop his name after the draft. He will definitely be on any of my keeper leagues this season. I have Terrance Williams conservatively down for 45 catches for 750 yards and 5-6 Tds.

5-5 or 4-6 is always a qaundry. Depends how early you draft your backs. I felt my wr group was solid enough that I could cuff peterson

Especially in this format, that is a standard scoring one, where TD's matter the most, I felt pretty good with my backs. Gurley proved to be the young beast we all expected last year when he got well. The Rams will slow games down with him running the ball and the Defense is good at getting the ball right back. Gordon had surgery in the offseason but he too is young and resilient, and Woodhead is the redzone option in the first place. Perfect no-hassle combo on a high scoring team. Add to these two situations, the Jags are going up tempo this year. They already proved that their offense was potent last year.... now we are gonna see more of it. The back that is in in a fast paced scheme stays in, and I am much more confidant in Ivory chewing up yards from scrimmage consistently then Yeldon. Ivory also showed he wasn't a one trick pony last season and caught 30 passes. The bonus is he is the short yardage goal line guy for the Jags. Even fast paced offenses take a moment to insert key people in the redzone. I can't handle a season ending injury from this group, but am confident in their age and makeup.

Gonna try to pick a little later today, at a lacrosse tournament all day

• Like 1

5-5 or 4-6 is always a qaundry. Depends how early you draft your backs. I felt my wr group was solid enough that I could cuff Peterson

Since we start 3 WRs I'd lean 4-6 but what do I know.

Nice try Ray. smh

:(

Matt around this morning?

If not, does anyone have his picks?

He was on for a while earlier this morning so hopefully he PM'd Fumble

Since we start 3 WRs I'd lean 4-6 but what do I know.

I agree with this. Or, you know, 4-5, and throw a pick away just for kicks. :)

Matt around this morning?

If not, does anyone have his picks?

I've got them when that time comes.

I agree with this. Or, you know, 4-5, and throw a pick away just for kicks. :)

This is a little bit of what I did with my Gordon selection. 6 WRs including Gordon I thought was worth the gamble.

So, Shovel has NO back-up for Tyler Eifert at tight end?

Wow.

Ray didn't back up Jordan Reed, either, but Reed's health should be good on Day One. Eifert? Iffy.

sorry gents.

If i"m not around for the 16th round pick, please feel free to pick the best ranking defense left according to the most recent FFTODAY rankings.

So, Shovel has NO back-up for Tyler Eifert at tight end?

Wow.

To be honest..due to an ongoing issue at work, I've had to do the last 4 rounds off the top of my head. Was waiting on a "that player has already been picked". Never occurred to me.

I for one would be okay giving Shovel a do-over over remaining FAs due to the work issues he's been dealing with.

I for one would be okay giving Shovel a do-over over remaining FAs due to the work issues he's been dealing with.

OK by me, too.

• Like 1

OK by me, too.

Now let's all quickly draft a third TE.... Mwahahahaha

Fine by me. We are all friends on this Board!

Also fine by me.

While we're at it, I'd like to propose that, for scoring purposes, kickers be team kickers.

I don't know that it's yet mattered in this league, but last year there were a couple surprise cuts. Kickers are nowhere near valuable enough to draft backups, but, in this league, a preseason cut or injury could easily be the difference between a championship and a middle of the road team.

Also fine by me.

While we're at it, I'd like to propose that, for scoring purposes, kickers be team kickers.

I don't know that it's yet mattered in this league, but last year there were a couple surprise cuts. Kickers are nowhere near valuable enough to draft backups, but, in this league, a preseason cut or injury could easily be the difference between a championship and a middle of the road team.

I would have preferred you mention this before I avoided picking the kicking staff that made the most sense. :)

Actually, I think there is some strategy to picking a kicker that has a stable job vs. picking a more risky one.

But, I agree with the premise. Shaun Suisham's injury last year really put his owner behind the 8-ball in the No-Hassle format.

If I see close to 11 yays, I'll drop a WR and add one after the draft. Appreciate it.

Do it!

ICE has to pick a D/ST here, so Dan, you can go ahead and declare your pick at 16.02.

Yea man, all fine with this.

Always hated the feeling of someone leaving a draft with a bad feeling about their team

I'm picking QB Alex Smith. :)

I still say that Bronocs pick by me was rockstar.

ICEMAN

Also fine by me.

I don't know. I drafted Kelvin last year and he never made it to week 1. Then lost another right before the start of the season. That's just part of it.

If I see close to 11 yays, I'll drop a WR and add one after the draft. Appreciate it.

You need to drop the last receiver you picked ....for clarification.

I don't know. I drafted Kelvin last year and he never made it to week 1. Then lost another right before the start of the season. That's just part of it.

I've lost the title a couple times because my stable of a position got wiped out. Yeah, it's part of the game.

But we draft backups for QB, RB, WR, and (usually) TE. A second kicker might actually be a good investment in the No Hassle Format, but we try to keep in line with an actual draft, and no one's going to take 2 kickers (outside of the IBL).

Just something I thought I'd throw out for consideration. Not a huge deal, but I'd hate to see bad luck with a kicker make such a difference to a team.