Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Congrats to Sid the Kid & Phat Kessel and the rest of the Penguins and their fans

pathetic Sharks.

Joe Thornton :thumbsdown:

losing game 6 in your own building - I tuned in after GoT to watch the 3rd period... it's 2-1, Sharks are losing but it's the Pens diving to block shots, playing with heart...

Damn, Sid won again? How many is that for him or is that his first? I remember when this kid first came on and he was super young fro a pro. Where is he regarded now as an all timer? Has to be getting up there.

Damn, Sid won again? How many is that for him or is that his first? I remember when this kid first came on and he was super young fro a pro. Where is he regarded now as an all timer? Has to be getting up there.

only his 2nd

2 more than Ovariechkin

pathetic Sharks.

Joe Thornton :thumbsdown:

losing game 6 in your own building - I tuned in after GoT to watch the 3rd period... it's 2-1, Sharks are losing but it's the Pens diving to block shots, playing with heart...

sharks outplayed the pens in the 1st two periods, but could not score. they could not get much going in the 3rd.

overall we expect high pace offense from the pens, but their defense won these games. they looked much quicker quicker throughout. the sharks showed some decent spurts, but were playing from behind virtually the entire series. hats off to you pens fans. congrats.

WTF, in researching Sids season and legacy I had to do a double take on Gretzkys stats. Been awhile since I looked into it but man that guy was dominant. Had to make sure they werent typos. Talk about unbreakable records. No one is even in the stratosphere.

WTF, in researching Sids season and legacy I had to do a double take on Gretzkys stats. Been awhile since I looked into it but man that guy was dominant. Had to make sure they werent typos. Talk about unbreakable records. No one is even in the stratosphere.

you should check out some of his rosters from edmonton

I still can't believe the Blues went up in flames. The St. Louis team I saw beat my Stars looked unstoppable... But yes, congrats the Penguins. :thumbsup:

sharks outplayed the pens in the 1st two periods, but could not score. they could not get much going in the 3rd.

overall we expect high pace offense from the pens, but their defense won these games. they looked much quicker quicker throughout. the sharks showed some decent spurts, but were playing from behind virtually the entire series. hats off to you pens fans. congrats.

I only saw the 3rd period last night - but the Sharks couldn't even get the puck! It just became more apparent how much the NHL has become a speed league - building your team around tough/physical play in the NHL is about as effective as building your team around the running game in the NFL.

Look at the stats from that era.

Check our Brett Hull and Mario Lemieux and Messier and Robitaille and a host of others.

Was like a different game then. Goalies had smaller pads and didn't do the butterfly in the 80s. There were hardly ever tipped goals because they didn't need them. Now almost no goal goes in clean. Look at Game 6 of the this years finals. 3 goals, 3 tips. (not counting ENG)

late 80s to early 90s hockey was my era. if we only had hi def TV then.

late 70s to early 90s hockey was my era. if we only had hi def TV then.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

old bastard radio!

Do you miss Radatz on the airwaves? admit it you old bastard!

you up for 18 some weekend somewhere?

old bastard radio!

Do you miss ###### Radatz on the airwaves? admit it you old bastard!

you up for 18 some weekend somewhere?

yes, I miss Radatz - we lose a bit of our soul every time we lose a gritty old-timer like him... pitch 9 innings you focking sallies! Impractical today but there's something to be said for that thinking.

post-Orr with Terry O'Reilley, Rick Middleton, and then the 1980 Olympic Hockey... got me to Borque, Neeley, Moog, which then got me loving Jay Miller and Bruce Shoebottom.... damn shame those 80s Bruins could never finish it - but I loved them and they're as dear to my heart as Birds Celtics are.

Fock the Pens. Hate them. Cindy Crosby.

How Come Ray Charles couldn't play hockey ?

He already lost his eyes and wanted to keep his teeth

great season, awesome playoffs and a very entertaining cup final... NHL puts out a fantastic product

Cindy Crosby.

Hey, that's original. Keep up the good work.

Because he is black :ninja:

Hey, that's original. Keep up the good work.

SMD

SMD

EMA

Maybe he couldn't play hockey, but why did they let him vote for conn smythe?