Your team

Tell us about it:

Any targets achieved?

Did anyone pick your pocket?

Any forced course changes?

Who was your favorite pick?

Which selection made you cringe?

Overall....top third, middle, bottom

Any targets achieved? I am pleased that I did not have to make a choice to take Gronk at 1.10. I just can't imagine what taking a TE in the first would be like. Good luck V4E with that. Also, I targeted WR Parker in the 6th and he was there for me.

Did anyone pick your pocket? Yup. Ingram by V4E in the 3rd one pick before me! Ajayi by Matt's Eagles in the 5th, and believe it or not but JScott taking the Broncos defense at 15.08 picked me (I think it was a "homer" pick by Jeff).

Any forced course changes? Taking Rogers in the 4th round was not a "forced" change, but one I decided on myself. His value was just too much to not take him there. My plan going in was to wait for a QB until round 8 or take Brady in 7th.

Who was your favorite pick? I believe Gordon was my favorite. If he comes back, I got a WR1 in the 13th round. I started thinking about him in the 10th round, but waited. I like taking chances, i.e. Foster & Gordon and am willing to take the risks involved. Winston at 12.03 could be a "sleeper" in any number of weeks, IMO. Overall draft-wise, I liked the Hyde pick in the 3rd!

Which selection made you cringe? My wide receivers in the 8th & 9th. I know they are older vets (D. Jackson & T. Smith) and I am more positive than Fumble in his review about them, but they are question marks for me.

Overall....top third, middle, bottom. I will finish in the bottom 3rd. If Gordon and Foster come thru, then I win it all!!

• Like 1

Based on my draft spot I was immediately targeting Bell, Peterson or Gurley in round 1 and that worked out.

After that pick was made I had 3 WRS I was after for my 2nd and 3rd. Allen, Marshall and Cooks in that order so again, worked out. Allen was on pace for a very good season before I jury. At the time of the pick he was in a contract year but has since been extended so that kind of sucks. Marshall is assuming Fitzpatrick is back in NY.

Initially I wanted to wait another round or 2 and target Julius Thomas at tight end but I became tantalized with what Fleener could be in that new orleans offense as he is far more athletic than Watson.

Eli was my QB target.

Maclin was simply a BPA pick and Crabtree was a reluctant backup selection for the only time I was sniped in this draft when fumble grabbed Moncrief 1 pick before me. I was happy to add Treadwell as a 5th WR and feel my receiver group is as deep and formidable as any in the league from top to bottom.

My RB depth worries me most if Matt Jones does not pan out. But thats what you're looking at if you wait until the end of the 4th for a 2nd rinningback. You either take a clear timeshare guy or you go for the upside. Since I already had some safer picks I chose upside. Hopefully Jennings and Blount can chip in some best ball worthy weeks.

Overall I am as happy with my roster as any I've had after the June mock. I expect this to be a steady team that can contend if health cooperates.

• Like 1

Qb's- Cam Newton, Ryan Tannehill

Rb's- Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon/Danny Woodhead, Chris Ivory

Wr's- Amari Cooper, Golden Tate, Larry Fitzgerald, Sterling Shepard, Devin Funchess, Terrance Williams

Te's- Julius Thomas, Dwayne Allen

K- Chandler Catanzro

Def- LA Rams

Targets Achieved - I had Evans, Allen, and Cooper earmarked for my #1 Wr in the late 2nd, and got Cooper. I feel he has the highest ceiling of the bunch. I wanted Cam going into this draft , and was happy to see that Ray was the owner picking before me on the 2/3 round turn. I knew he would not go Qb early. This allowed me to let Cam pass by in the 2nd and still be able to grab him before Fumble in the 3rd. Tannehill was my backup QB target

Got picked - I chose Tate in the 4th feeling like Langford would be there for me in the 5th. Ray took a third RB and messed up my world. I find out later, had I taken Langford, Ray would have grabbed Tate, and I would have been fine with Maclin. Fumble got some revenge when he grabbed Walker in front of me. It was quite a few picks in front of me, but I really wanted Matt Jones as my #2 back.

Forced to change course - When I lost the shot at Matthews, Jones, and Langford in the 4th, I was forced into scheming on what two committee backs I could safely land on a high scoring offense. That led to the Gordon/Woodhead picks, and I got scared and took Danny one round earlier than I wanted to. Fumble grabbing Walker at 6.10 led to me regrouping and waiting for for back to back lesser TE picks in later rounds. I went with the safety of Fitz at 6.11.

Favorite picks - Grabbing Cam in the 3rd. I was pleased to land Tate in the 4.11 and Tannehill at 13.02.

Cringe worthy - Gordon in the 5th, made better when I picked up Danny.....too early....in the 7th. (but at least I secured the position)

Overall - Pleased that I drafted completely out of my comfort zone. I can compete weekly with Cam, and feel very good with Gurley anchoring my backfield. Amari, Golden, and Fitz are sneaky solid, and Thomas/Allen solid at TE. I have a shot and feel like I am top 3rd.

Any targets achieved? Floyd was really my only target I got, though I am warming to making Mike Wallace one of my lottery tickets this year.

Did anyone pick your pocket? JScott grabbing Wilson in the fifth, robb grabbing DeVante Parker in the sixth, and ICEMAN grabbing Brady as his second QB.

Any forced course changes? I was planning on a WR in the third, then grabbing Murray or Langford in the fourth, but Ingram falling was just irresistible. The second/third tier of QBs also started going earlier than I expected, so I waited longer than I had planned.

Who was your favorite pick? Ingram. I thought he'd go late second or early third. Honorable mention to my QBs, who were nice values considering where the tier of QBs started going.

Which selection made you cringe? Gronk just because it goes against every instinct I have to take a TE in the first. I also wasn't thrilled with the Matthews pick, but I needed a WR.

Overall....top third, middle, bottom: Not thrilled with my team, but there's certainly potential. For as long as I waited, I'm thrilled with the Palmer/Rivers combo. Freeman & Ingram are a nice RB combo, I've got some nice explosiveness at WR, and a healthy Gronk is in a class of his own. I'm not thrilled by the ninth pick this year, I think there's a clear top 8, but with the way the draft fell, I don't think there's much I would have done differently. Maybe instead of Lockett/Palmer/Williams in 7/8/9, I could have gone Brady/Ivory/Snead.

• Like 1

I'm not thrilled by the ninth pick this year, I think there's a clear top 8

Did our draft fall according to your 8, or are you not including gronk in it??

Did our draft fall according to your 8, or are you not including gronk in it??

It fell according to my top 8 (Bell, AD, Gurley, D Johnson, Brown, Julio, OBJ, Hopkins). Then a dropoff to Gronk or Elliot, depending on how you feel about the Rookie.

• Like 1

It fell according to my top 8 (Bell, AD, Gurley, D Johnson, Brown, Julio, OBJ, Hopkins). Then a dropoff to Gronk or Elliot, depending on how you feel about the Rookie.

I agree that it would be a big decision. My direction would be Lamar Miller, and take the grief. (maybe.....hard to pass on Gronk too)

You guys don't th8nk Dez is in that convo with Romo back? I mean gronk may be without brady 4 games and has his own injury history and zeke is still and unknown....

Not for me. He's not stable. If things go right early in the year he will check in until they go wrong.....then he checks out. I have Miller above Charles now.

QB: Blake Bortles, Alex Smith

RB: Lamar Miller, Latavius Murray, Duke Johnson, Jordan Howard

WR: Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Doug Baldwin, Willie Snead, Sammie Coates, Nelson Agholor

TE: Gary Barnidge, Martellus Bennett

K: Dan Bailey

DEF: Arizona

TARGETS: Sammie Coates - go ahead, call me a homer, but he's going to take Martavis' Bryant spot this year, and I won't be surprised to see him outperform Wheaton. Gary Barnidge - puzzled as to why he's dropping in drafts. He was #5 among TEs last year, and is the only stable receiving option.

POCKET-PICKING: CJ Prosisse. Just a really nice pick; unexpected because I thought it was a round early, and thought I was going to be able to nab him a few picks later.

COURSE CHANGES: I misplayed the QB scene. I thought that several would fall a little differently. I try to learn from this draft. One of the takeaways for me is knowing where the QBs would fall. Alex Smith is a "settle for" pick. I would have much preferred Carr, Dalton, or Cousins as my backup, but totally botched it. So I decided to put it off totally, and leave it for the safe backup. Smith is not appealing, but he is steady.

FAVORITE PICK: Interesting. Coates, maybe, because I feel like he's so much better than his ADP. But Duke Johnson ranks up there, because he kinda fell into my lap as a #3 RB.

CRINGEWORTHY: Well, Nelson Agholor. It's unreal that he could be getting in trouble WHILE I'm picking him. SMH. Honorable mention to Jarvis Landry. I like Landry; I'm content with the pick, but he is emblematic of the "safe" moniker that Fumble attached to my team. It was a cowardly pick. I love Kelvin Benjamin - he was a steal in the 4th, but shied away because I was burned by him last year in the IBL. Shame on me. Good for Vikes.

EVALUATION: The goal was to build a deep team at every position, with talent that was on its way up, primarily. I wanted solid production, with the potential for more. My WR corps has 5 receivers entering their 2nd or 3rd year. Baldwin is the old man at 27, entering his 6th. All of them, less Agholor, are capable of doing what they did last year or more. The RBs . . . I have 3 starters, again with only one "old" guy in Lamar Miller. The upside is outstanding for a group with such a reasonable floor. TEs - I got steals. Barnidge shouldn't be falling this far, and Bennett is the best 2nd TE that the TE-loving Patriots have had since the murderer left. Bortles is the biggest question mark, but he fits the mold of the team. Entering his third season, in the worst division in football, I'm liking what he should be able to do this year.

I could be anywhere. I hate predicting my own finish, and though Fumble calls this safe, I see the pitfalls of hoping for repeat performances from the likes of Bortles, Robinson and Barnidge. Yes, I like them, but reality is that they are young. That can produce greatness, or can crumble to the inconsistency of youth. So . . . bring it. I like what I have, and am happy overall with my draft. Playing against a group this good, though, my "like" could leave me middle of the pack.

• Like 1

10.07- QB Tony Romo, Dal.

12.07- QB Tyrod Taylor, Buf.

2.07- RB Jamaal Charles, KC

3.06- RB Carlos Hyde, SF

9.06- RB Justin Forsett, Bal.

11.06- RB C.J. Prosise, Sea.

13.06- RB Charcandrick West, KC

1.06- WR Odell Beckham, Jr., NYG

4.07- WR Julian Edelman, NE

6.07- WR Eric Decker, NYJ

7.06- WR John Brown, Ari.

8.07- WR Marvin Jones, Det.

5.06- TE Greg Olsen, Car.

14.07- TE Jared Cook, GB

15.06- K Brandon McManus, Den.

16.07- D/ST, Carolina Panthers

Any targets achieved?

My target, like every single draft, is to try to pick the best player on the board while trying to put together a strong RB/WR core, and I definitely think I achieved it. Greg Olsen could have been turned into a Jay Ajayi or Dion Lewis to make my RB core a bit stronger, but I couldn’t turn down the value.

Did anyone pick your pocket? Tom Brady or Carson Palmer in the 8th. I was lined up to make one of those my QB. I was also eying Arian Foster, but I’m not too bummed about that lottery ticket.

Any forced course changes? Well, this came from my experience last year, where most of my WRs were injured or unreliable and I think I ended up playing with 1 WR for half the year. So I made sure I drafted some reliable WRs. Aside from Edelman, this is a relatively young and healthy bunch who should be able to at least be on the field week to week.

Who was your favorite pick? I loved my John Brown/Marvin Jones picks in round 7 and 8. Both are breakout candidates for me. And I do believe that both will be looked at in the 4th-6th rounds when August comes around. And also CJ Prosise in the 11th. Depending on Rawls’ injury, Prosise could be a week 1 starter.

Which selection made you cringe? Trusting Tony Romo and Tyrod Taylor to get me anywhere near the top. I wouldn’t be surprised if I was the last place finisher in QB points at the end of the season.

Overall....top third, middle, bottom

I loved my team last year, and I was in first place for a while until the injury bug started hitting. I really like this team, and I do predict a top 3 finish unless the injury bug hits me again.

• Like 1

Any targets achieved?

Wanted Antonio Brown, but other than that not really. Remote Controller snatched my targets on three occasions and forced me to plan B, luckily my plan B setups were still within my band of acceptable values. On more than one occasion my target being taken left me with value a half-round better, such as with Martin, Reed and Langford.

Did anyone pick your pocket?

Yep. Remote snatched Golden Tate at 4.11, whom I coveted. and then did it again at 6.11 when he snatched Fitz whom i thought was strong value at that point. Later he trumped me out with his pick of Funchess at 12.11........assdart.....

Any forced course changes?

Aside from the aforementioned, Fumble took Evans at 2.10, and then Yeldon at 8.10 who I had hoped might fall to me.....and then later I was surprised when Wonder grabbed McKinnon at 14.09, thought he would fall to me for sure at 14.12

Who was your favorite pick?

I really do not have one that stands out starkly, but in terms of value Jordan Reed at 4.12 could prove strong.

Which selection made you cringe?

Perhaps Sanders at 6.12 and then McFadden at 12.12

Picking from the #1 slot in a serpentine is perhaps my least favorite spot, whereas picking at the turn is my absolute favorite. I have never felt that the #1 overall spot compensates for all that value you miss between the picks. I would rather trade out of it, find a way to have two picks in the 9-12 and then 13-15 range where I think you can build a solid two-player nucleus.

• Like 1