Hardcore troubadour

Meanwhile in Chicago....

Just like Paris, right? They have had those laws in place since the 30s and it didn't make a focking bit of difference.

How about this, you commit a crime with a gun the punishment is death or life in prison. Doesn't matter if you are an inner city black, south side hispanic or a rebel flag tattooed redneck.

Terrorism will still be here if we get rid of the guns. But terrorism isn't the only issue with guns. Gun regulations and enforcement will cut down on your run of the mill murder and mayhem. I see no need to conflate the two.

Terrorism will still be here if we get rid of the guns. But terrorism isn't the only issue with guns. Gun regulations and enforcement will cut down on your run of the mill murder and mayhem. I see no need to conflate the two.

I tend to agree so look at Chicago. A place with some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

13 dead, 42 shot this weekend. That's some good shooting boys! That's about 50 thugs that need new guns now, because the ones they just used have to be replaced, they have bodies on them. Where are they going to get the new ones?

future democrats

• Like 1

I tend to agree so look at Chicago. A place with some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

Well, liberal judges and juries who only see skin color is a big problem, as is a neutered police department and a federal justice system and enforcement division that offers no help. But those guns, for the most part, are bought in other states with more lax gun laws. I will say they the lack of enforcement is the bigger problem. I can tell you the turn around in NYC, which was bigger and bloodier than what's happening in Chicago, came about by ass kicking and enforcing and upholding the law.

Well, liberal judges and juries who only see skin color is a big problem, as is a neutered police department and a federal justice system and enforcement division that offers no help. But those guns, for the most part, are bought in other states with more lax gun laws. I will say they the lack of enforcement is the bigger problem. I can tell you the turn around in NYC, which was bigger and bloodier than what's happening in Chicago, came about by ass kicking and enforcing and upholding the law.

Being that current laws aren't enforced why do you think new ones will be? I agree something needs to be done but it is hard to trust government officials to anything correctly.

Being that current laws aren't enforced why do you think new ones will be? I agree something needs to be done but it is hard to trust government officials to anything correctly.

If there is a will to do it, it can be done. Like I say, look at NYC. 2400 murders down to 400. And most of those murders, and the subsequent lack of murders, occurred in the s holes of NYC. The upper east side and other wealthy areas of NYC were never getting shot up. But it's hard to do when you're more worried about BLM and having to put minorities in prison. The President spends more time trying to get them out of prison.

If there is a will to do it, it can be done. Like I say, look at NYC. 2400 murders down to 400. And most of those murders, and the subsequent lack of murders, occurred in the s holes of NYC. The upper east side and other wealthy areas of NYC were never getting shot up. But it's hard to do when you're more worried about BLM and having to put minorities in prison. The President spends more time trying to get them out of prison.

NY has always had very restrictive gun laws are you saying they started enforcing those laws?

NY has always had very restrictive gun laws are you saying they started enforcing those laws?

Started enforcing all laws. Little stuff led to big stuff. Stop a guy for drinking a beer, and he might have a gun. And they did. See a guy smoking a blunt? Don't overlook it anymore, go get him and see if he's holding. And the Feds helped a lot. The mutts knew the score once they were looking at a federal judge, jury and prison. They gave each other up left and right. And lots and lots of overtime. People have no idea what the Feds can do.

• Like 1

Every other country on earth begs to differ.

Bad argument, dude :thumbsdown:

Started enforcing all laws. Little stuff led to big stuff. Stop a guy for drinking a beer, and he might have a gun. And they did. See a guy smoking a blunt? Don't overlook it anymore, go get him and see if he's holding. And the Feds helped a lot. The mutts knew the score once they were looking at a federal judge, jury and prison. They gave each other up left and right. And lots and lots of overtime. People have no idea what the Feds can do.

Safe to safe we both disagree with the BS that came out of that pos Sotomayor today.

Safe to safe we both disagree with the BS that came out of that pos Sotomayor today.

Yup. Amazing she doesn't get it. She grew up in the projects where I worked. She saw the carnage first hand, but she's been indochrinated. Short memory

Oh yeah, I forgot. 'Merica is special. :rollseyes:

Well, it kinda is. :dunno:

But comments like "Will it ever happen? No. Because a significant portion of our populace are self absorbed ass hats who think their right to play soldier is more important than the lives of innocents." is just plain self absorbed / shallow thinking retardism.

Come on...You're smarter than that

Well, it kinda is. :dunno:

But comments like "Will it ever happen? No. Because a significant portion of our populace are self absorbed ass hats who think their right to play soldier is more important than the lives of innocents." is just plain self absorbed / shallow thinking retardism.

Come on...You're smarter than that

No. America is not special. Maybe it used to be. Maybe. But that is long gone. Now we are just a bunch of fat entitled brats living off past glory.

And that is exactly why it will never happen. "Gun enthusiasts" value their hobby and paranoia over public safety. For decades they've manufactured bullshiot statistics to support their idiotic conclusion that more killing machines make us safer. But a simple glance at the rest of the world shows otherwise.

No. America is not special. Maybe it used to be. Maybe. But that is long gone. Now we are just a bunch of fat entitled brats living off past glory.

And that is exactly why it will never happen. "Gun enthusiasts" value their hobby and paranoia over public safety. For decades they've manufactured bullshiot statistics to support their idiotic conclusion that more killing machines make us safer. But a simple glance at the rest of the world shows otherwise.

It does not mean a lot coming from someone who could not be happy in the country with the most opportunity and the richest poor that ran away to a place more corrupt, more poor and more focked up.

It does not mean a lot coming from someone who could not be happy in the country with the most opportunity and the richest poor that ran away to a place more corrupt, more poor and more focked up.

Zing.

I came here chiefly because I wanted to experience a different culture and way of life. This particular place happened to be the one with the best opportunity. If you think I have any loyalty whatsoever to the Chinese government or culture, I don't.

I only say such things because I would like to see America BE SPECIAL AGAIN. Sitting around in a crumbling house insisting it is still the same old house it used to be ain't gonna do it.

But the fact remains, I will, this summer, be in zhengzhou, China, Beijing, China, Memphis, USA, playa de Carmen, Mexico, and Seoul, South Korea. If I catch a bullet this summer, the overwhelming odds are that it will be in Memphis. If we want to claim to be the greatest nation on earth, we should fix that.

Zing.

I came here chiefly because I wanted to experience a different culture and way of life. This particular place happened to be the one with the best opportunity. If you think I have any loyalty whatsoever to the Chinese government or culture, I don't.

I only say such things because I would like to see America BE SPECIAL AGAIN. Sitting around in a crumbling house insisting it is still the same old house it used to be ain't gonna do it.

But the fact remains, I will, this summer, be in zhengzhou, China, Beijing, China, Memphis, USA, playa de Carmen, Mexico, and Seoul, South Korea. If I catch a bullet this summer, the overwhelming odds are that it will be in Memphis. If we want to claim to be the greatest nation on earth, we should fix that.

Dude. Memphis IS a third world country.

Of these places that you are going to visit I wonder what difference is that would cause you to possibly catch a bullet? hmmmmmmm...... Culture? Race? Class? all 3?

Zing.

I'm thinking more like 48% Memphis 48% Mexico and 4% for the rest combined.

I'm thinking more like 48% Memphis 48% Mexico and 4% for the rest combined.

Well if I left the enclave right around white people tourist land, sure. Mexico is a lot like Memphis that way.

7 dead 51 shot this weekend. The kill rate is lower, but the hit rate is higher than last week ( 13, 42). Let's concentrate a little better guys, we can get increases in both with a better effort. But a good job all the same.

7 dead 51 shot this weekend. The kill rate is lower, but the hit rate is higher than last week ( 13, 42). Let's concentrate a little better guys, we can get increases in both with a better effort. But a good job all the same.

No political or agenda-based advantage....then those lives truly do not matter, now if there was some way to sensationalize it all and get some ratings or votes....THEN you have a winner....

No political or agenda-based advantage....then those lives truly do not matter, now if there was some way to sensationalize it all and get some ratings or votes....THEN you have a winner....

Some panty waist actor was on BET at some awards show telling whitey to shut up and that cops are killing black kids left and right. These losers are running out of gripes. Back to old faithful.

One of the injured went DOA, so that decreases the wounded number, but ups the kill number. Now it's 8 and 50.

Just remember fellas, when you hear of murders by gun in these cities, remember that about 90% of gun shot victims survive.

So, those who are murdered only represent 10% of the shootings.

Enjoy your lunches.

One of the injured went DOA, so that decreases the wounded number, but ups the kill number. Now it's 8 and 50.

I'm pretty sure that all the guns used in the shootings were purchased legally, right?

I'm pretty sure that all the guns used in the shootings were purchased legally, right?

Maybe, but it becomes irrelevant unless CNN can get ratings or special interests can pretend it's some kind of "proof" for their inane viewpoints

I would think at one point they were. I don't think there's a bad guy gun factory hidden in subterranean Chicago. Is there? So yes, at some point these weapons were purchased legally.

Those black lives don't matter

Nope. But the BLM "movement" sure does. Be nice if the President sent in some federal help like most of his predecessors did when confronted with out of control crime. But we all know what happens then. Better for 7-15 to get killed every weekend then put a few hundred behind bars. Freedom, sweet freedom.

Nobody cares about these shootings! Except Republicans, who use them to complain about BLM.

Never let a tragedy go to waste. :thumbsup:

Nobody cares about these shootings! Except Republicans, who use them to complain about BLM.

Never let a tragedy go to waste. :thumbsup:

Then go back to your "official" movie thread. That's where nobody is. They miss you.

I would think at one point they were. I don't think there's a bad guy gun factory hidden in subterranean Chicago. Is there? So yes, at some point these weapons were purchased legally.

Well, I kinda meant purchased legally by the shooters.

That should be what matters, right?

Just the trash taking itself out. Why does anyone have a problem with this?

I normally don't, but it's kinda sad how they became trash to begin with.

Also, lots of innocents get taken out by said trash.

Enforce the existing laws as best as possible, and educate.

Well, I kinda meant purchased legally by the shooters.

That should be what matters, right?

Maybe if we had uniform gun regulations throughout the country I could see your point. And maybe if the existing laws were enforced more aggressively there woukd be less gun violence. I'm of the thought we can do both.

Maybe if we had uniform gun regulations throughout the country I could see your point. And maybe if the existing laws were enforced more aggressively there woukd be less gun violence. I'm of the thought we can do both.

I do disagree with uniform gun regulations throught the country for the most part. I'd rather it be handled on a state to state basis, but mebbe a somewhat meet in the middle aspect?

I can legally buy a Glock .40 or 9mm / whatever here where we have strict limits on mag capacity and drive 2 hours away to Nevada and buy a 30 round mag, no questions asked. (Gun show)

Granted, if I took that gun to any of our local ranges equipped with the 30 round mag, I would be kicked out immediately and prolly reported to the authorities. As I should be.

I guess that I just don't trust any "sweeping" federal regulation as it relates to this. I do see your point, though, and in a perfect world, I would agree with you 100% :thumbsup:

3 more bats got their wings last night. Any guesses on this weekends carnage? It is a long weekend. I'll start the bidding at 27.