Hardcore troubadour

Meanwhile in Chicago....

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

That I am for but will have no material impact.

I think checking to make sure the person you’re selling a gun to isn’t a felon is maybe worth a try. :dunno: 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, MDC said:

Mandatory criminal background checks on all gun purchases, immediate mandatory reporting of any lost or stolen firearm, and criminal conviction for owning an unsecured gun that is lost or stolen and subsequently used in a felony.

mandatory beheading in Times Square for anyone caught steeling a gun.

Make it happen. :thumbsup: 

Edit: Record time on the sad face Peefoam. Like 10 seconds. 😂 

I’m in but only with the bolded.

Prosecutors reject charges for 5 suspects involved in deadly Chicago shootout, cite mutual combat

Illinois prosecutors rejected charging five suspects in a deadly gang-related shootout that unfolded in Chicago, despite police reportedly seeking to charge all five suspects with murder and aggravated battery. 

The shootout took place in the Austin community of Chicago Friday morning, and was reportedly sparked by an internal dispute between two factions of the Four Corner Hustlers gang, the Chicago Sun Times reported, citing an internal police report and a law enforcement source familiar with the investigation. 

Five men were taken into custody over the shootout, which required a SWAT team response and led to police finding more than 70 shell casings. One shooter was left dead and two of the suspects wounded. 

CHICAGO DOORDASHER CARJACKED FOR SECOND TIME FIRES GUN, ENDS UP ARRESTED

The police source told the outlet that law enforcement sought murder and aggravated battery charges for all five suspects.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illinois-chicago-gang-shootout-mutual-combat-charges

26 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Prosecutors reject charges for 5 suspects involved in deadly Chicago shootout, cite mutual combat

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illinois-chicago-gang-shootout-mutual-combat-charges

Let it roll baby roll, let it rooolllllllll... all night long.

Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 623
Shot & Wounded: 3002
Total Shot: 3625
Total Homicides: 660

33 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Let it roll baby roll, let it rooolllllllll... all night long.

Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 623
Shot & Wounded: 3002
Total Shot: 3625

"Mutual combatants was cited as the reason for the rejection," a police report reviewed by the Chicago Sun Times said of the state attorney’s office’s decision.

Mutual combat is a legal phrase defined as a "fight into which both parties enter willingly, or in which two persons, upon a sudden quarrel, and in hot blood, mutually fight upon equal terms."

I'm good with that as long as they keep it in Chicago.

7 minutes ago, lod001 said:

"Mutual combatants was cited as the reason for the rejection," a police report reviewed by the Chicago Sun Times said of the state attorney’s office’s decision.

Mutual combat is a legal phrase defined as a "fight into which both parties enter willingly, or in which two persons, upon a sudden quarrel, and in hot blood, mutually fight upon equal terms."

I'm good with that as long as they keep it in Chicago.

I heard a couple months back a sound clip from I think the police commissioner or the like say, "Let them shoot each other as they have paybacks to execute on each other but I wish they would please stop shooting the children." 

I'm fine with that too but it's interesting he is just saying "the children" and not simply the innocent people. If they would just execute the people who shoot other people then maybe, just maybe, the murderers would start disappearing. 

It's magic...🧙‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

In 1974, Chicago's homicide record was set at 970.  In 1992, the second place record was set at 943.

At the current rate, Chicago's 2021 total homicides is projected at 880. Better luck next year.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

In 1974, Chicago's homicide record was set at 970.  In 1992, the second place record was set at 943.

At the current rate, Chicago's 2021 total homicides is projected at 880. Better luck next year.

Slackers.  Ganja makes people lazy. 

1 minute ago, Crestwood 2 said:

This was nice to see on Saturday 

Is Gold Coast the "nice" part of town? 

8 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Yup

It’s traditionally the nicest neighborhood, but the police left. We defunded them . It’s friggin gross 

18 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

It is fun to cherry pick numbers but in reality from 2005 - 2014 murders in Chicago were under 500. Murders in Chicago are rising rapidly.

I'm curious why there's such a fascination with Chicago here.  They don't even have the highest rate of murders in the nation.

• Confused 1

At least all the gun violence in major cities are largely gang related and/or associated with crimes.  Most folks can avoid the issue by avoiding known bad parts of the cities.

NYC, on the other hand, seems to have problems with random unprovoked attacks on people simply waiting to commute to/from work.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-subway-shoving-times-square-attack

Luckily the kvnt's timing was off and she "only" shoved the innocent bystander into the side of the moving train instead of in front of it. 

30 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm curious why there's such a fascination with Chicago here.  They don't even have the highest rate of murders in the nation.

Because Black Lives Matter.......

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Because Black Lives Matter.......

And Chicago is different from the other cities because...

53 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

no one is burning a CVS to make it stop.....

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

no one is burning a CVS to make it stop.....

Once again, why Chicago when there are other cities just as bad, or worse?

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Because Chicago is in the U.S. :dunno:

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Because Chicago is in the U.S. :dunno:

That still doesn't answer the question.  Chicago isn't the worst city in the US but it's the most talked about when it comes to violence. Why the hard-on for Chicago?

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

OBUMMER! :mad:

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That still doesn't answer the question.  Chicago isn't the worst city in the US but it's the most talked about when it comes to violence. Why the hard-on for Chicago?

Who has a hard on for Chicago?  This thread is 5 years old.  It gets bumped with murder statistic updates, but I don't see many GC members talking about Chicago very often.

Just now, Gladiators said:

Who has a hard on for Chicago?  This thread is 5 years old.  It gets bumped with murder statistic updates, but I don't see many GC members talking about Chicago very often.

Chicago gets brought up just about any time there is a comparison for violence.  It's referenced often.  It's not just on here either.  For some reason Chicago is top of mind when it comes to violence.  Is it because it's just a large, popular city in a liberal state?

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's not the worst per capita (not GOOD, but not the worst), but it's tops in sheer numbers. It's also an unabashedly liberal city in an unabashedly liberal state surrounded by conservative or moderate states.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Chicago gets brought up just about any time there is a comparison for violence.  It's referenced often.  It's not just on here either.  For some reason Chicago is top of mind when it comes to violence.  Is it because it's just a large, popular city in a liberal state?

I don't know.  I hear many cities brought up...not just Chicago.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Open your eyes man. Think of Chicago as the poster child of the US democratic run cities: Like I posted earlier. 

And Chicago is only the 10th most murderous city in this country. Go figure.

The twenty cities in the United States with the highest murder rates (murders per 100,000 people) are:

1. St. Louis, MO (69.4) - Democrat Mayor
  2. Baltimore, MD (51.1) - Democrat Mayor
  3. New Orleans, LA (40.6) - Democrat Mayor
  4. Detroit, MI (39.7) - Democrat Mayor
  5. Cleveland, OH (33.7) - Democrat Mayor
  6. Las Vegas, NV (31.4) - Democrat Mayor
  7. Kansas City, MO (31.2) - Democrat Mayor
  8. Memphis, TN (27.1) - Democrat Mayor
  9. Newark, NJ (25.6) - Democrat Mayor
  10. Chicago, IL (24) - Democrat Mayor
  11. Cincinnati, OH (23.8) - Democrat Mayor
  12. Philadelphia, PA (20.2) - Democrat Mayor
  13. Milwaukee, WI (20.0) - Democrat Mayor
  14. Tulsa, OK (18.6) - Republican Mayor - :shocking:
  15. Pittsburgh, PA (18.4) - Democrat Mayor
  16. Indianapolis, IN (17.7) - Democrat Mayor
  17. Louisville, KY (17.5) - Democrat Mayor
  18. Oakland, CA (17.1) - Democrat Mayor
  19. Washington D.C. (17.0) - Democrat Mayor
  20. Atlanta, GA (16.7) - Democrat Mayor

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Best guess, laziness.  But in these Democrat-led cities where they pretend the police are the problem instead of addressing the actual problems, it is just fun to point out the horrible outcomes generated by complete idiots who pretend they are smarter than everyone else.

Maybe the author knows Chicago best or something, who can say. Bottom line is that Democrat policies are highly destructive in every possible way.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Open your eyes man. Think of Chicago as the poster child of the US democratic run cities: Like I posted earlier. 

And Chicago is only the 10th most murderous city in this country. Go figure.

The twenty cities in the United States with the highest murder rates (murders per 100,000 people) are:

1. St. Louis, MO (69.4) - Democrat Mayor
  2. Baltimore, MD (51.1) - Democrat Mayor
  3. New Orleans, LA (40.6) - Democrat Mayor
  4. Detroit, MI (39.7) - Democrat Mayor
  5. Cleveland, OH (33.7) - Democrat Mayor
  6. Las Vegas, NV (31.4) - Democrat Mayor
  7. Kansas City, MO (31.2) - Democrat Mayor
  8. Memphis, TN (27.1) - Democrat Mayor
  9. Newark, NJ (25.6) - Democrat Mayor
  10. Chicago, IL (24) - Democrat Mayor
  11. Cincinnati, OH (23.8) - Democrat Mayor
  12. Philadelphia, PA (20.2) - Democrat Mayor
  13. Milwaukee, WI (20.0) - Democrat Mayor
  14. Tulsa, OK (18.6) - Republican Mayor - :shocking:
  15. Pittsburgh, PA (18.4) - Democrat Mayor
  16. Indianapolis, IN (17.7) - Democrat Mayor
  17. Louisville, KY (17.5) - Democrat Mayor
  18. Oakland, CA (17.1) - Democrat Mayor
  19. Washington D.C. (17.0) - Democrat Mayor
  20. Atlanta, GA (16.7) - Democrat Mayor

This is why I asked the question.  Why Chicago instead of all those other cities?  It took multiple posts to finally get a legit reason.  Is it a bias or do people have real reasons?

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Best guess, laziness.  But in these Democrat-led cities where they pretend the police are the problem instead of addressing the actual problems, it is just fun to point out the horrible outcomes generated by complete idiots who pretend they are smarter than everyone else.

Maybe the author knows Chicago best or something, who can say. Bottom line is that Democrat policies are highly destructive in every possible way.

Laziness makes sense.  People see it in the news or hear others talk about it so it's the first city they think of.  Chicago really has become the poster child for city violence even though it's not the worst.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This is why I asked the question.  Why Chicago instead of all those other cities?  It took multiple posts to finally get a legit reason.  Is it a bias or do people have real reasons?

For one thing, it's a major city and why not use it as an example?

I have a lot of people I care about in that city. I have 50 first cousins on my dad's side alone living there. So I pay attention.

But feel free to comment on any city and it's democratic leadership (or the 1 republican city) in the top 20. 

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I have 50 first cousins on my dad's side alone living there.

No you don’t. :( 

• Sad 1

On 10/5/2021 at 12:00 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

Stop on by. I’ll meet you at Dearborn and Oak. 

So the few police that I know  here now say there isn’t even an excuse. These guys are allowed to murder…. So why not ???  Police are getting ambushed too. But again, come on by. 

5 hours ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Stop on by. I’ll meet you at Dearborn and Oak. 

So the few police that I know  here now say there isn’t even an excuse. These guys are allowed to murder…. So why not ???  Police are getting ambushed too. But again, come on by. 

Did I suggest that they didn't have a problem?

Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 628
Shot & Wounded: 3028
Total Shot: 3656
Total Homicides: 665

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 628
Shot & Wounded: 3028
Total Shot: 3656
Total Homicides: 665

665 Deaths....that seems impactful....

Yet, there were not 665 riots, marches....

Why didn't these lives matter enough for violence?

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

665 Deaths....that seems impactful....

Yet, there were not 665 riots, marches....

Why didn't these lives matter enough for violence?

The democrat "leaders" are reserving their funds to deploy their troops for the next election cycle. Right now they are too busy blaming the "previous administration" for all the chaos that creepy joe "isn't responsible" for these days..