Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

Tell me about your fridge.

I would suggest skipping the side by side if you are going to have more than 1 person in the home. Everyone I know that has a side by side says the same thing, you can not just stick big items in there.

Like, if you were to buy a Red Barron Pizza from the grocery, or something even bigger, it can be difficult, if not impossible, to get it in the freezer so I am told.

Leftover items, forget it, according to them. Most big dishes will not even fit in the refer part.

I have a normal fridge with the freezer on top. Bought it when I bought my house 20+ years ago and still works fine. Whirlpool.

21 footer with ice maker inside the freezer, not on the door. It still works fine too.

I always wished I had bought the side by side until I heard these people complaining recently about theirs.

I had a side by side. Hated it for exactly that reason.

The one I have now is an over under. Has the freezer part on the bottom though, which I like, as I rarely use the freezer. That way I don't have to bend over to grab a beer.

Actually no. I was in a pinch breaking up with my GF and left. Needed a place and the only places I could find were really not worth the rent they were charging. Stayed with a family member for 2 months knowing my uncle said he had a house that was going to be open by then. So I went there after 2 months. He dropped the rent pretty cheap for me and replaced the stove but said you find a fridge.

So meh, wasn't really planning on dropping 1000 plus at this time. But hey is what it is and the decreased rent will pay for. Figure if I get a solid new one and keep it in good condition then hey I have a fridge for when I get settled in somewhere in the next couple years. Just hate the idea of dropping 1000-1500 when I wasn't expecting to and getting something that is loud as hell or breaks down within a year.

Have heard whirlpools are pretty durable and last. Someone told me to stay away from GE. But that's all I got and have never looked into buying a new fridge.

Also no security deposit.

Ahh, that makes a lot more sense. I second craigs list. I've had a lot of good luck there, lawn mower, snow blower....

Uhhhh i bought a samsung just now at home depot.

What am i doing

Prob a great choice. Plus shiny and new.

It's used for scalding hot infants

Its a french door freezer bottom deal. Looks real nice and i like the inside. Was a little weary about Samsung. Love their TVs and swear by them but thought a fridge was a little odd and afraid if something goes wrong harder to fix.

Was on a halfway to black friday sale for 998. I got the 5 year home depot warrenty for 150 more just because.

Meh I feel its better to get that than spend 600 700 on some dumb kenmore. Hope it lasts me a while is all.

Its a french door freezer bottom deal. Looks real nice and i like the inside. Was a little weary about Samsung. Love their TVs and swear by them but thought a fridge was a little odd and afraid if something goes wrong harder to fix.

Love my Samsung fridge. :thumbsup:

GE side by side. It is 17 years old. It is the one orginally installed when my house was built. Waiting for it to die any minute. Same with the washer, dryer and oven.

I recommend getting the baby seat next to the lettuce crisper. :thumbsup:

Mine cures children left in hot cars.

Mine cures children left in hot cars.

:D

Told the guy didnt want a side by side. Im not Sux but i keep a frozen pizza or 2 for fall back drunk food at 1 am. And a side by side doesnt fit a frozen pizza. If they didnt have a Samsung or LG on sale I wouldnt have even looked at those brands.

Similar fridges that were Whirlpool or GE were around the same price if not 100 bucks more. So I went with the Samsung. The LG was similar but smaller at the same 998 price.

Surprisingly solid prices at Home Depot all around. Perhaps I just didnt realize they had good deals. Always thought they were more expensive.

I needed to at least look in person. Couldnt buy just offline aithout seeing what Im getting.

Was on a halfway to black friday sale for 998. I got the 5 year home depot warrenty for 150 more just because.

Meh I feel its better to get that than spend 600 700 on some dumb kenmore. Hope it lasts me a while is all.

Wary

These are the times you miss Giants Fan. He could tell you the best one for frozen cuisine

Told the guy didnt want a side by side. Im not Sux but i keep a frozen pizza or 2 for fall back drunk food at 1 am. And a side by side doesnt fit a frozen pizza. If they didnt have a Samsung or LG on sale I wouldnt have even looked at those brands.

Similar fridges that were Whirlpool or GE were around the same price if not 100 bucks more. So I went with the Samsung. The LG was similar but smaller at the same 998 price.

Surprisingly solid prices at Home Depot all around. Perhaps I just didnt realize they had good deals. Always thought they were more expensive.

I needed to at least look in person. Couldnt buy just offline aithout seeing what Im getting.

Frozen pizza is a fair point. We don't eat that and love the side by side, especially the filtered water/ice dispenser.

Also ours is a GE built-in which is a little bigger than standard, I think.

I was quite weary after looking at all the models and crunching uneducated factors in my head.

We have a kitchen aid two door at home with a built in ice maker. I am fairly pleased with it but it does tend to leak when the weather is too hot. (Which it always is since we live in FL.)If you live somewhere cooler you might not experience as many problems as we had.

I also recently bought a new fridge for my small business. (My family owns a bakery) and we just bought these awesome display fridges as well as some solid two-doors for our bakery. Honestly can't be more pleased with the way they perform. We order it from Australia and at first we thought it was a bad idea but the price was really good and the shipping was not that expensive.  https://ianboer.com.au/displays/ They have a good selection as well.  We also did a lot of online research and found many positive reviews on these models. Super pleased so far with our purchase. Honestly wish they did not only commercial but private market as well.

16 minutes ago, lakersgirl said:

We have a kitchen aid two door at home with a built in ice maker. I am fairly pleased with it but it does tend to leak when the weather is too hot. (Which it always is since we live in FL.)If you live somewhere cooler you might not experience as many problems as we had.

I also recently bought a new fridge for my small business. (My family owns a bakery) and we just bought these awesome display fridges as well as some solid two-doors for our bakery. Honestly can't be more pleased with the way they perform. We order it from Australia and at first we thought it was a bad idea but the price was really good and the shipping was not that expensive. https://ianboer.com.au They have a good selection as well.  We also did a lot of online research and found many positive reviews on these models. Super pleased so far with our purchase. Honestly wish they did not only commercial but private market as well.

Da fauq

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, lakersgirl said:

I also recently bought a new fridge for my small business. (My family owns a bakery) and we just bought these awesome display fridges as well as some solid two-doors for our bakery. Honestly can't be more pleased with the way they perform. We order it from Australia and at first we thought it was a bad idea but the price was really good and the shipping was not that expensive. https://ianboer.com.au They have a good selection as well.  We also did a lot of online research and found many positive reviews on these models. Super pleased so far with our purchase. Honestly wish they did not only commercial but private market as well.

Thank you for sharing!