Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

Can we talk Gurley for a minute?

Are we or I overthinking things with Gurley? I keep telling myself tough schedule/unproven QB/Bad team ECT. But bottom line the kid a physical freak who is the focal point of an offense looking at around 280+ touches? I see some people with Bell/AD/DJ/E.E ranked ahead of him? this quick video sums it up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000648573/Is-Ezekiel-Elliott-a-better-prospect-than-Todd-Gurley

I don't see his situation being any different going into this season than last season , expect for the injury scare going into the start of last season .

Rams play in the same divison as last season have the same Qb question marks and have very limited talent round Gurly .

I don't expect anything less than to expect about the same of what we saw from him last season IMO.

I think he will be better than last season. The offensive line has a full season together and appeared to gel a bit more towards the end of the year. He started off the season slowly as he was still recovering from his injury. A full offseason of work, a better line (albeit the line sucks as a whole) and they "should' have a better duo of TE's to help open up more holes. I don't know how good he will be, but I would take him over most RB's going in Round One. I think you will see him catch more balls than most people are projecting too. Not many RB's are the "only" guy. He is that and then some.

We had a similar discussion after Leveon Bells Rookie season. My gut tells me we will see a similar if not slightly lower (because his QB is not Ben) fantasy year from Gurley this year as he will be firmly in the top 3 for 2017 redraft.

The only thing I see slowing him down is injury. He's a rare talent and should pick up where he left off. No, he's not in the best situation but he'll still be a top notch RB. He will be as good if not better this season.

His situation and team are fine enough. He will probably have a few let down games, but almost every stud player has a few bad games.

His risk of injury goes down considerably considering he's playing on natural grass at home now rather than turf. The Rams play 11 of their games this season on natural grass. This is a pretty big change that gets very little attention...

• Like 1

His risk of injury goes down considerably considering he's playing on natural grass at home now rather than turf. The Rams play 11 of their games this season on natural grass. This is a pretty big change that gets very little attention...

Yeah but his risk of shankings goes way up playing in the collesium

Are we or I overthinking things with Gurley? I keep telling myself tough schedule/unproven QB/Bad team ECT. But bottom line the kid a physical freak who is the focal point of an offense looking at around 280+ touches? I see some people with Bell/AD/DJ/E.E ranked ahead of him? this quick video sums it up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000648573/Is-Ezekiel-Elliott-a-better-prospect-than-Todd-Gurley

I shut that video off immediately once i saw that ass-hat analyst Ladanian Tomlinson sitting there. Dude was a HOF running back, but has HOF dumb-ass takes on the game.

The Rams offensive line is basically five matadors in blue and gold, I mean they are God-awful. Robinson can finally be called a bust, Saffold is just a guy, and Barnes and Brown are basically plumbers. I do like Havenstein, though I'm not sure how much RT he's played. There was basically only a handful of rookie offensive linemen who did not struggle last year and he was one of them. I guess that's a vote of confidence. The most important thing to remember is there is zero depth as well.

They'll try to run the ball with that line surely, but with a rook at QB and a suspect WR corps, defenses are going to be eight in the box and in Gurley's face at the handoff. I'd much rather have Elliott, if that is the question.

I think he will be better than last season. The offensive line has a full season together and appeared to gel a bit more towards the end of the year. He started off the season slowly as he was still recovering from his injury.

3 PIT 6 9 0

4 @ARI 19 146 0

5 @GB 30 159 0

6 BYE

7 CLE 19 128 2

8 SF 20 133 1

Once he got into the game, he hit the ground running. How do you say those stats are starting off slowly?

Gurley getting 2k yards would be among the least shocking things this season. He is pretty much a shoe in to get 2k in one of the next 3 years.

Unless the Rams get more talent to take the pressure of Gurley I don't see him reaching 2000. .

Unless the Rams get more talent to take the pressure of Gurley I don't see him reaching 2000. .

Yea he will need to kind of do it himself. But remember, he was practically crippled last year compared to where he is now. If anyone can do it alone, its him. Plus we can only speculate on Goff. If he is a playmaker, watch out, and also keep an eye on Austin.

Yea he will need to kind of do it himself. But remember, he was practically crippled last year compared to where he is now. If anyone can do it alone, its him. Plus we can only speculate on Goff. If he is a playmaker, watch out, and also keep an eye on Austin.

The player I'm keeping my eye on is Mike Thomas. This dude has all the measurables to be a legit playmaker. If he develops quickly, opposing safeties are going to have to play honest

I see a lot of ink about Austin , do you believe that this season with a rookie Qb will be his break out season ?

Just wondering and I'm sorry I know it's of topic .

I see a lot of ink about Austin , do you believe that this season with a rookie Qb will be his break out season ?

Just wondering and I'm sorry I know it's of topic .

Eh not really, no. But he is the first guy I will look at if Goff looks to be an Andrew Luck type of rookie, is what im saying. Plus the third year narrative and his mini breakout last year (900 combined yds 9tds, 25th overall wr) are at least something positive to look for in a potential later round breakout candidate.

Tavon kind of broke out last year. The quietest 900 yards from scrimmage and 9 TDs in the league.

Tavon kind of broke out last year. The quietest 900 yards from scrimmage and 9 TDs in the league.

Right , they where some real quite 900 yards .

I have him as a wr 4 at this time , just having a hard time with his numbers from last season.

When you take away is rushing stats there is very little left from his rec stats .

And always hard to project a wr based on his rushing stats .

Thanks for the feed back .

I have him as a wr 4 at this time , just having a hard time with his numbers from last season.

When you take away is rushing stats there is very little left from his rec stats .

Have to count his rushes, he got 52 carries so it's not like it was just a handful he scored fluke tds on hat inflated his stats. He had some volume. Almost Woodhead like in a way.

^ It is still tough to tell when to start him though.

Those 2 rushes that go for 15 yards if he doesn't break one don't really give you the same boost catches would over the course of the season.

^ It is still tough to tell when to start him though.

Those 2 rushes that go for 15 yards if he doesn't break one don't really give you the same boost catches would over the course of the season.

Agree , last season he scored 10 plus points in ppr in only 8 games , and in his last 8 games of the season he scored 10 plus points in only three games .

He is a hard player to place a Wr 3 value on .

:thumbsup: This.

it is very tough to project rushing stats for a WR.

and I'd say it's risky to project 400 yards rushing for a WR unless he's been doing it his whole career. (or at least a couple years running)

Now with the possibility of a new QB thrown into the mix, do they run the same plays?

I draft him as a WR4 or WR5.

If someone wants to draft him as a WR3 in any of my leagues, they can have him and assume the risk that his rushing stats could disappear in whole or in part.

Plus Tavon's stats might have been the product of their personnel. All they really had was Gurley. Horrible Nick Foles is out and they drafted Pharoah Cooper and Mike Thomas, so they could actually advance their offense out of the 1960s.

I mean when you only have two guys who are explosive and your quarterback can't get them the ball, you do what you have to do. If Goff is competent, you don't need to run Jet Sweeps with your gadget player wide receiver 4 times a game.

Then again this is a Jeff Fisher team, and he hasn't had a good offense since Steve McNair was handing off to Eddie George and throwing to Derrick Mason and Frank Wychek

• Like 2

From what i understand, Gurley was not 100% last season. Sirius was saying he has another gear we haven't seen yet. Looking forward to what he can do. Here's to good health :cheers:.

I'm not sure people are disrespecting the Rams enough. They are hot garbage. This will impact Gurley. He won't be on any of my teams given his adp.

• Like 1

I'm buying. A year of experience under his belt should help him perform even better than last year. He will be in the top 3 of rushing this year

I'm buying. A year of experience under his belt should help him perform even better than last year. He will be in the top 3 of rushing this year

I'm not sure people are disrespecting the Rams enough. They are hot garbage. This will impact Gurley. He won't be on any of my teams given his adp.

I nabbed him at 1.06 in our July Mock to test it out but I do think there's risk with the Rams for sure.

In my real drafts I might take a WR there and take good old Mark Ingram later.

Running backs are often a product of team success and the non big time pass catchers won't benefit from garbage time the same as a 3rd down back or other skill positions might.

He's an elite talent for sure. That's no question.

From what i understand, Gurley was not 100% last season. Sirius was saying he has another gear we haven't seen yet. Looking forward to what he can do. Here's to good health :cheers:.

I believe this.

typically it takes 2 years to recover from ACL surgery.

recently this has been shortened to 1.5 years with medical advances. To date, Gurley and ADP are the only RB's who have come back in less than a year and had good years.

I wouldnt be surprised if Gurley was running at 80 or 90% all year and is just 'That good' that he can be productive like this.

He certainly has some upside that's for sure.

He's a Rb one even in a ppr league.

Lol, I'm shaking my head reading these posts, as people are completely ignoring the fact dude's offensive line is shallow shite. Plus a rook QB?

But you pays your money you takes your choice.

I believe this.

typically it takes 2 years to recover from ACL surgery.

recently this has been shortened to 1.5 years with medical advances. To date, Gurley and ADP are the only RB's who have come back in less than a year and had good years.

I wouldnt be surprised if Gurley was running at 80 or 90% all year and is just 'That good' that he can be productive like this.

He certainly has some upside that's for sure.

Jamaal Charles.

But how much does it matter? Players rack up stats on sh1t teams all the time.

Unlike a WR or TE his stats are not dependent on the QB.

If anything he'll run even more and be used as a safety valve in the passing game to boot.

Falling far behind and facing eight man fronts could hurt him but I'm not convinced it keeps him out of top RB territory

At some point us fantasy footballers THINK too much. How does his line look? Who is his QB? Schedule? Bleh!!! Once in a while you just take a guy 'cause he can ball. This is the case with this kid. I see him going middle to high first round (somewhere in the 3-6 range). If he slides to the end of round 1, take him and never look back.

Mick, you're thinking he'll do worse this year? In my mind Goff and that oline can't be any worse than last year.

Lol, I'm shaking my head reading these posts, as people are completely ignoring the fact dude's offensive line is shallow shite. Plus a rook QB?

But you pays your money you takes your choice.

Yes, and it was just as bad (or worse) last year and he put up at least decent numbers.

What works to his advantage is that the defense is good. you can afford to stick with the run game longer if the defense is solid. so even if the team isnt great, His numbers should at least be decent.

• Like 1