Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 1 & 2 Commentary - July PPR Mock **

Thank you Guru for taking the Rookie as I would have had to give him serious thought at 2.03!

So, I see your WR draft strategy is working like a glove....... 2 running backs to begin the draft! LOL

2.03 Jordy Nelson, WR

Well, I couldn't have been more pleased with this pick. I think he comes back strong this year. And, his QB did not perform as well last year and I think it was due to not having his #! WR. I have seen his ADP in the first rounds at some sites.

So......................I am keeping it in the NFC Central with Minny & GB.

Debated several options with my picks almost grabbed Elliot with 2.01 instead of a WR but I felt a WR/WR combo offered me the best options for this draft

You must not have payed attention to current adp data. Not sure if you meant David Johnson, or if it was a typo and you meant AJ Green. Either way both players have an average draft position of 1.08 in ppr according to FFC, while Gronk is at 1.12. There have been no surprises so far that are way outside the averages that I can see.

You must not think there is more than one ADP site/list. And I've found FFC to be skewed given how many Computer teams are included in their stats. But that's just my opinion and why I use FFC as a secondary ADP.

The one I follow has him (D.Johnson) at 1.12 for PPR/Redraft.

Wonder if Guru planned going RB RB or if Zeke was a surprise.

Not at all what I planned, as I was prepared to go WR-WR coming in. I wanted to come away with either Dez or Robinson at 14 after the Miller pick, but I'm not going to turn down to top-seven backs either (especially two who I believe will be top-five RBs in PPR).

I'm leery regarding Jordy at the moment. I know ACL reconstructions aren't what they used to be, but I'm not expecting 90 catches and 12 TDs from him this year.

Made a round two thread to start but I think I forgot to leave a space for Mike

Give me a minute to see if I can do something here, to get us the overall list in the first post. May just have to recreate it.

You must not think there is more than one ADP site/list. And I've found FFC to be skewed given how many Computer teams are included in their stats. But that's just my opinion and why I use FFC as a secondary ADP.

The one I follow has him (D.Johnson) at 1.12 for PPR/Redraft.

Oh man... I don't care which you follow. I also follow multiple but usually quote FFC since it's the most used from what I have seen. All I was pointing out was that it shouldn't have been a surprise to see DJ go that high or Gronk fall to 8 regardless of what your rankings are.

Oh man... I don't care which you follow. I also follow multiple but usually quote FFC since it's the most used from what I have seen. All I was pointing out was that it shouldn't have been a surprise to see DJ go that high or Gronk fall to 8 regardless of what your rankings are.

I hear you. I didn't mean for it to come across like I was shocked to see him go in the top 8, I just wasn't expecting it that's all. I guessed at who would be gone and assumed I'd be getting a certain player. I expected Gronk to be gone, so I was surprised that he wasn't. That's all.

Not badmouthing your pick of DJ at all.

Thank you Guru for taking the Rookie as I would have had to give him serious thought at 2.03!

So, I see your WR draft strategy is working like a glove....... 2 running backs to begin the draft! LOL

Any other year, I'd be :clap:

I'm interested to see how this plays out, especially given how I expect 15-20 to come off the board before I get my first one.

Help me out guys.......why the ARob love? I have him below the top 10 WRs for 2016. I know all the gloat about Bortles, but he has other mouths in Jax to take targets away. If I hear enough back from you all I am open to changing my mind, but right now, I do not have the ARob love at all.

D Johnson......I had him as my #1 RB in a PPR this year.

Looking forward to our reigning Champ season to see how his "non WR" strategy works!

^ I agree. I think there's some regression with he and Bortles numbers. Defense should be a bit better. JT healthy and Ivory in town.

He's just super young and ascending. And I like to watch him as a player.

I also think drafting without being tied to 'ADP' and using your gut can be a good way to go.

I took Levon last year at like #6 overall because he was the 'value' when my gut was telling me Julio!

I like ADP and Jordy in rounds 1 and 2.

Thanks RC for the Thumbs Up. I do too like this combo to start the draft.

I hear you. I didn't mean for it to come across like I was shocked to see him go in the top 8, I just wasn't expecting it that's all. I guessed at who would be gone and assumed I'd be getting a certain player. I expected Gronk to be gone, so I was surprised that he wasn't. That's all.

Not badmouthing your pick of DJ at all.

All good. I don't mind at all if someone doesn't like my pick. I just defend it to the best of my ability, but someone who doesn't like it could be able to point to something I have overlooked. :thumbsup:

I think Freeman is very good value in the 2nd round of ppr. As much as I think he has less talent than others believe, there probably isn't another RB on the team that will be trusted enough not to fumble or drop passes. The tougher sched is the biggest fear

I really struggled with this pick as there were a few guys I would've been happy with. I'm glad Freeman went right before me since he seemed to be the highest ranked among players available but I just don't believe he's going to replicate the numbers from last year.

I got burned by Jeffery last year but I know that when he plays he puts up elite numbers. I just hope he stays healthy and even if he doesn't play a full season he'll work just fine for me in this format.

I've seen him cut out for the day around 3:30.

Maybe limo driving is really his second job? I imagine business in that industry probably picks up around 3:30. :dunno: :lol:

We should probably find someone who doesn't strand us. This is one of the few drafts where drafting quickly is encouraged. I have to wait on people in every mfl draft already.

It shows he was last active at 3:20 p.m.??

There are a lot of quality options. This pick could make or break this faux draft.

Not at all what I planned, as I was prepared to go WR-WR coming in. I wanted to come away with either Dez or Robinson at 14 after the Miller pick, but I'm not going to turn down to top-seven backs either (especially two who I believe will be top-five RBs in PPR).

I'm leery regarding Jordy at the moment. I know ACL reconstructions aren't what they used to be, but I'm not expecting 90 catches and 12 TDs from him this year.

I feel 90 and 12 is very doable for Jordy this year.

I feel 90 and 12 is very doable for Jordy this year.

A year after the ACL for a 31-year-old WR? Just call me skeptical at the moment.

I owned him in my most important league back in 2014, so I'm a fan. However, I do think it was a career year. Would you be happy with his 2013 production at the spot you drafted him?

Really RLLD, holding everyone up on the first day of the draft TWICE.

Like others have posted.....this is getting old. It happened in the June Mock and again today.

I would not complain if White Wonder was asked to replace him at this early point, but that is just my opinion. Yet, if he commits to the timely response like everyone else and actually shows it then I would like him to stay. I enjoy his comments and knowledge, it's just frustrating to draft this way.

Maybe Ray thinks official closing time is 5PM ET, rather than CT :dunno:

What sucks is any time after 3:00 eastern he leaves. There is usually a tolerance of a few hours so he just feels he's good since it shuts down officially at 5:00 Central.

Sorry guys, massive network issues at work forced me into a situation, Tomorrow should be much better :thwap!:

• Like 1

Bah. New he would be on Cooper

Yep. I debated Cooper over Freeman.

After seeing both my picks go 2.08 and 2.09 I settled for Landry, who I think should repeat or slightly better last year's numbers in Gase's new attack.

I was going Rb on this pick regardless of what fell in front of me. I was glad to see the three WR's go. Liked them in the order they went. Evans, Cooper, Cooks. Cooks will be a ppr target guy lacking in td's, while Evans will catch fewer passes for more TD's and Cooper is still penning his career. I expect big things from him and took him with this pick in the June Mock.

The Saints love backs in the redzone, and they trust Ingram. I have him down for 1200 combined yards and 10-12 td's with 50+ receptions. I have Julio projected for 120 catches for 1700 yards and 10 -12 td's. If I am close to right I will be fine with 170+ receptions for 2900 yards and 20+ tds. with my first two picks. Both very safe picks not pushed for touches.

• Like 1