Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 5 & 6 Commentary - July PPR Mock **

This corner was suppose to be Olsen/Fitzgerald until Rodgers fell on my lap. Then I had to decide which guy to pick first Rodgers or Olsen/Fitzgerald. I chose to take Rodgers then hope Landry didn't take both Olsen and Fitzgerald. He had two good wideouts on board so I thought Larry might make it by him. Happy to have Larry with Julio and to have a solid QB.

I just saw that last year i didnt select receptions I fixed that and setup 2016's site

Can you send us the hyper-link to the 2016 site please. Thanks

Fitz is a high floor selection. I have him projected for 87 catches for 1,000 yards and 8 TD's. He and Palmer are simpatico, and lb's will need to keep an eye on David Johnson while safeties are back peddling so &^$%# doesn't blow by them.

For whatever reason I'm buying Hyde everywhere this season. Most rbs at this point are dice rolls, and after getting burned going rb/rb in many drafts last year I was looking to go in another direction.

For whatever reason I'm buying Hyde everywhere this season. Most rbs at this point are dice rolls, and after getting burned going rb/rb in many drafts last year I was looking to go in another direction.

Congrats on the 180!!! ........and this is ppr. Your Receivers are tight! lol!

I was debating Hyde where I got Lacy. I think it could pay off big.

Didn't think Hyde would make it to 5.09, but if he did I would have taken him.

Having Hyde as my #1 RB in a ppr format would keep me up at night.

How about having Dion Leeis as your #1 RB because that's what I have.

I'm out on the course for a round of DG. Don't hesitate to text me 201-575-1226 if I'm OTC.

It's RLLD's turn, so you are probably safe tonight.

This corner was suppose to be Olsen/Fitzgerald until Rodgers fell on my lap. Then I had to decide which guy to pick first Rodgers or Olsen/Fitzgerald. I chose to take Rodgers then hope Landry didn't take both Olsen and Fitzgerald. He had two good wideouts on board so I thought Larry might make it by him. Happy to have Larry with Julio and to have a solid QB.

You almost got neither. That long time gap between my fourth round pick and my fifth round pick was me going back an forth between Fitzgerald and Rawls. I actually typed Fitzgeralds name out twice and then deleted it. Your reasoning was correct in that I decided my two stud WRs outweighed my needs at RB. And I expect what comes back to me in the sixth will be a lot more WR friendly. But passing on Fitzgerald was painful. I think you've got an excellent second WR in him.

Rawls was a monster last year when Lynch didn't play and even though they've brought in two rookies and are giving Christine another go around, I feel strongly that Rawls will be their main back this year. At 5.6 YPC in a run oriented offense, I think I can get solid RB2 numbers out of him at the worst.

You almost got neither. That long time gap between my fourth round pick and my fifth round pick was me going back an forth between Fitzgerald and Rawls. I actually typed Fitzgeralds name out twice and then deleted it. Your reasoning was correct in that I decided my two stud WRs outweighed my needs at RB. And I expect what comes back to me in the sixth will be a lot more WR friendly. But passing on Fitzgerald was painful. I think you've got an excellent second WR in him.

Rawls was a monster last year when Lynch didn't play and even though they've brought in two rookies and are giving Christine another go around, I feel strongly that Rawls will be their main back this year. At 5.6 YPC in a run oriented offense, I think I can get solid RB2 numbers out of him at the worst.

I tracked you thru the process, seeing where you were perusing. I was sweating it. Did you have ANY interest in Rodgers, or could I have gotten away with taking him in round 5???

I tracked you thru the process, seeing where you were perusing. I was sweating it. Did you have ANY interest in Rodgers, or could I have gotten away with taking him in round 5???

I hate to tell you (although it may not have made a difference), but I would not have taken Rogers. If I was a 'pick a QB early guy' that's where I would have taken him, but I'm the type that waits (sometimes longer than I should).

I was real close to pulling the trigger on Baldwin as a WR 3 but I thought I might be able to land someone I liked just as much next round. If we had a flex position and I could start 4 WRs that likely would have been my route without nabbing Reed.

Allen-Hilton-Moncrief should provide a real nice floor providing health.

I was real close to pulling the trigger on Baldwin as a WR 3 but I thought I might be able to land someone I liked just as much next round. If we had a flex position and I could start 4 WRs that likely would have been my route without nabbing Reed.

Allen-Hilton-Moncrief should provide a real nice floor providing health.

Say matt, I would be interested in your thought process behind having 2 receivers from the same NFL team on your roster. I have thought about doing this, i.e. adding Cobb to Nelson, but always shied away from doing it. Others might be interested also.

^ I wouldn't want to do it from every team, but in both a redraft setting or best ball, I like this particular move a lot.

Colts offense just lost Fleener and Andre. There's a boat load of targets to go around and if Luck is the captain they will throw and score a lot.

I am very happy to have Baldwin. I wanted Jordan Matthews to drop, but unfortunately he went a lot earlier than I had been seeing out of drafts. Baldwin has a pretty high ceiling compared to the rampage he went on last year. I have Wilson as my top rated QB so to have his top option is huge.

^ The thing that's interesting about Baldwin is that he put up the numbers he did with only 103 targets last year. Like WR 29th overall targets by volume.

If you look at their offense post bye when he went off I'm sure his target rate was higher than earlier in the season but I'd like to fact check that.

On one hand I think he's a guaranteed regression candidate but on the other I think his targets can go up.

He's an intriguing guy I haven't quite sorted out yet.

^ The thing that's interesting about Baldwin is that he put up the numbers he did with only 103 targets last year. Like WR 29th overall targets by volume.

If you look at their offense post bye when he went off I'm sure his target rate was higher than earlier in the season but I'd like to fact check that.

On one hand I think he's a guaranteed regression candidate but on the other I think his targets can go up.

He's an intriguing guy I haven't quite sorted out yet.

Definite regression. His catch percentage was insane. There just no way he can keep up that pace. I still think that if the Seahawks continue as more of a pass heavy team he will be a major beneficiary. I was actually pretty annoyed with his production because I didn't have him on any team. Every year this guy has been a sleeper of mine with very sporadic production. I finally said Nope, not falling for it this year..... wtf

Recent news out of Cleveland accentuates this selection. Duke is already a 50 catch guy, and I feel there might be extensive dog house time to be served there. I had he and Woodhead on a short list for my next corner.

I already really liked Duke and even considered him instead of Dion Lewis so I was very happy to see him available in round 5. I liked him before the news of Crowell and I don't think anything happens to Crowell but if it does it makes Duke even more valuable.

How about having Dion Leeis as your #1 RB because that's what I have.

Sorry I missed this. The addition of Duke is very helpful. Dion as the sole back to that point was an example of the trade offs we all have to make to draft a team and not over reach for balance.

Walker is basically tied for my #2 TE with Olsen. heavy target totals for Walker actually give him the edge with Kelvin coming back this year. Nice grab. Walker's ADP is off.

Walker is basically tied for my #2 TE with Olsen. heavy target totals for Walker actually give him the edge with Kelvin coming back this year. Nice grab. Walker's ADP is off.

Walkers is a steal I'd love to have but I think with the addition of 2 big time RBs, R. Matthews, Wright getting healthy, another year of DGB....there's a very real chance of target regression here.

Tossed these two picks around a bit, felt Luck was solid value and I didn't think one of my QB targets would make it back to me 24 picks later. As far as Gio he is just a solid RB2 imo, can catch and run the ball well. Has good upside potential.

Since we just finished Round 5, I thought I'd send out for comparison how quickly the June Mock draft went:

End of Round 5 (where we are at now) - second day at 4:45 pm

Same time as this draft is at now (Noon 3rd day): selection 8.01 and we are at 6.02 (2 rounds slower)

• Like 1

I was really hoping somehow Gio would slip to me in the 6th. I think he was a pretty good value in the 5th.

Since we just finished Round 5, I thought I'd send out for comparison how quickly the June Mock draft went:

Same time as this draft is at now (Noon 3rd day): selection 8.01 and we are at 6.02 (2 rounds slower)

I took a little longer this morning to pick. I got busy for a couple hours with work and didn't have a chance to check the site. We had someone steal from one of our gas tanks early this morning and I had to go through the security footage.

Fastest mock ever in June though. This is a normal June pace in July

DAMN ROB! You sniped Ajayi from me. I was starting to get pretty excited for a bit.

You know Iowa Fan (I was born and raised in Minnesota!), as my RB2 I am very pleased to have gotten him in the 6th round. Should fit nicely with ADP. Didn't plan on taking 2 Miami players at the turn, just ended up that way!